Posts created by orchidna

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 28, 10 4:50 AM
All the maps have been posted at the amaranthia website for several days now. They show all important people (and non-people), places, etc; chests, bags, dirt piles, etc, with the contents; and many paths are marked.

There is a Maps, Guides, etc, topic pinned at the top of the TLO forum there, which has links to all the maps, including individual maps, as well as maps grouped by area.

There is also a fairly extensive FAQ there as well.

Enjoy.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 27, 10 11:37 AM
There are some extensive sidequests that you may not have done. It is actually longer than LoT or GoN.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 27, 10 11:35 AM
She is in Witchwood, back on the Mainland.

Return to the Mainland Ferry Station, then walk east for a bit. When you can go north across a bridge, do so, then follow the trails to the northwest corner of the map. There you'll enter Red Rock Pass, which leads to Sinoa Plains. Walk to the southeast part of Sinoa Plains, to Mire Wood, then a little south then east to Witchwood.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 24, 10 11:22 AM
Just an FYI:
The goodie caves are prominently marked in the Official Strategy Guide.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 24, 10 11:20 AM
The updates correct bugs found as people play, so yes, you should update it when the Game Manager says an update is available, assuming you purchased it from BFG.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 24, 10 11:06 AM
Okay, thanks. Since I saw so many, some from long ago, I assumed it was allowed. I will change the post above.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 22, 10 9:22 PM
I did that previously, but then in looking through many other topics for this and other games, i've seen huge numbers with links to other sites, so I assumed it was okay now.

And I know about the FAQ and maps .. I made them..

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 22, 10 9:19 PM
All you have to do is open the Strategy Guide in the BFG Game Manager, then open the game in it, or vice versa. You can have both open in the Manager, and as you're playing the game and want to look something up in the guide, use Alt-Tab to switch between game and guide, and then back again.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 22, 10 8:52 AM
Saltheart, all I know is it always works for me. I hope it works for you, too ... I can't imagine it being different for different people.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 22, 10 8:47 AM
It's working fine for me. Try it again.

I've removed the link here, as I was mistaken in thinking giving them is now allowed.

However, you can do a web search for the amaranthia site, join, then look in the Aveyond forums for the Aveyond: The Lost Orb forum. Pinned at the top is a Maps, Guides, etc, topic which contains links to the maps. For a few days still, the World & Worm Tunnel maps are also pinned, but when all the other maps are moved to the public forum, those two will likely be unstickied.

BTW, if you're trying to find the forums from the home page, click on 'Village Square' on the right sidebar. That takes you to the forum main index.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 21, 10 5:14 AM
There is a patch for it at the Amaranthia website, with instructions on using it.

http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12310&forum=73

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 21, 10 5:12 AM
I posted a Worm Tunnels map at the Amaranthia website:

http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12291&forum=73

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 21, 10 5:02 AM
Venus27, we are sending an update to BFG in a couple/few days, so it shouldn't be long.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 21, 10 4:56 AM
A bit of a correction to what was just said:

You don't get Ashera's sandals from a chest in Ashera's Tomb. Instead, they are one of the possible drops from the Giant Crab. The other two possible drops are Ashera's Bow and Ashera's Helmet.

If you prefer the Sandals, save before looting the crab's corpse, in case you get one of the other items.

They are, of course, also in a Goodie Cave, and available well before getting to Ashera's Tomb.

Happy Aveyonding.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 21, 10 4:50 AM
I made a topic last week saying I had posted an annotated Worm Tunnels map at Amaranthia.com, because I had accidentally left it out of the Official Strategy Guide. At the time, I thought we couldn't give links here, but since then I've seen many other posts with links, so I am making a new topic with links to both that map and the annotated World map.

Enjoy.

I've removed the links to the maps, as I was mistaken in thinking that is now allowed. However, you can do a web search for 'amaranthia', register, then look in the Aveyond forums for the Aveyond: The Lost Orb forum. Pinned at the top is a Maps, Guides, etc, topic which contains links to the maps. For a few days still, the World & Worm Tunnel maps are also pinned, but when all the other maps are moved to the public forum, those two will likely be unstickied.

BTW, if you're trying to find the forums from the home page, click on 'Village Square' on the right sidebar. That takes you to the forum main index.

I hope these help you.

NOTE: I've annotated all the maps but the others won't be moved to the public forums for another week or so.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 20, 10 11:24 AM
You're welcome. I discovered it by accident a couple weeks ago.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 19, 10 11:30 PM
Saltheart, you do know you can have a strategy guide AND a game open in the BFG manager, right?

While you can't have two games open, you can have a game and a guide open at the same time. I have one of each open right now.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 18, 10 3:18 PM
Marcello is in Ghed'ahre, a city in the Underworld. To get there, you must go through the Catacombs south of Harburg.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 18, 10 2:33 PM
It's just for fun ... when poured over a certain person, it makes him tell the truth.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Feb 18, 10 2:30 PM
The maps at both Amaranthia and in the Strategy guide DO have all shops and important buildings and people marked, as well as the quickest routes through certain areas. (The strategy guide has been updated ... the wrong maps were used the first time, but that has been corrected. They now have the annotations on them.)

The strategy guide maps, however, do NOT have the chests, bags, etc, marked as the maps' size had to be smaller than that would allow. The 'old' maps on the forums from places visited in LoT and GoN have had a few chest and bag changes, but for the most part are accurate.

The new maps will be available on our site before long.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator