Posts created by katejoe999

posted in The Fifth Gate on Jul 4, 10 5:20 AM
I'm not a great fan on TM games either but I demo'd this on the basis of the pretty graphics.
And I like it.
Its quite an intuitive game that ups the ante as you go through the levels, but just when your clicking finger starts to ache you get upgrades - spells or plants to help you out. I bought and was amazed to find how much time had whizzed by.
So give it a go I reckon

posted in Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids on Jun 30, 10 4:14 PM
I'm only adding to the general consensus - this game is really bad. I only lasted 15 minutes. Bad sad graphics, junk over junk pile objects, very weird point loss system for mis-clicks.
I don't like to be cynical but do the developers really think they have a sellable game or or they trying to get a buck or two by throwing out something like this?

posted in A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets on Jun 26, 10 2:46 AM
Wonderful game! I really like it.

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 10 9:58 PM
Replying to myself here but just in case anyone else needs it. I've just replayed the game and the coordinates for the water collector for me were ENE 180. I suspect they are different for every one so good luck.

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 10 9:56 PM
OK, I've just played again with no problems this time. This time I did the totem puzzle - I skipped it last time. Also last time I went back to clock makers house before going to Music island. Don't know whether that makes a difference. The coordinates are ENE 180 - but they may be different for everyone.
Good luck!

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 10 8:27 PM
Thanks but done that. Heard the beautiful music and got the key. Checked through walk through and looks like I've done everything.
Still stuck!

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 10 7:37 PM
A few of us are having trouble using the reveal spell to get to the water collector from music island. Could someone give us the coordinates to see if that will work?
Walk through no help.
Thanks in advance!

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 10 7:28 PM
Second that! I can't get reveal to work either. I know the game was a bit glitchy on that level so I hope we are not stuck!
Would love the co-ordinates.

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 10 6:26 PM
Well I've done the flash player thing, although all my other games run fine and we regularly up date it. I'm still worried about the glitches. I know at least one other person had problems using the reveal spell on the map as I did. Also problems with the game registering that I had finished the totem pole music puzzle. It did not transfer notes to the book. I'm starting from scratch and hoping I don't have the same problems.
Wish me luck!

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 10 5:03 AM
Got a similar problem. I've bought the game. I'm up to music island. I did part of the totem puzzle then skipped the rest of it. I didn't get any note in my book telling me how to print the blue tiles so tediously copied it all down on paper, made the tiles, got the key and got 'access violation' when I tried to use the map.
It shut down, I restarted and now have notes in my book about the totem musical notes but map won't let me use reveal to get my next destination!
not happy. For a CE game do not expect bugs like this!!

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 10 2:05 AM
I'm only one chapter in and enjoying it so far. It seems as good as the other Dream Chronicles which I loved. Only gripe so far is that I would rather play in challenge mode but you can't skip puzzles - something I didn't want to risk as I hate being stuck on a puzzle I don't like. It also seems a bit slow to acknowledge you've finished a puzzle. I kept clicking my map pieces before I realised the picture was slowly changing and it took a while for the codes to appear in the books.
I've paid up because I trust the series and really wanted a new game.
So I'm going back in to enjoy the dream world.

posted in Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington on Jun 17, 10 1:51 AM
This is indeed a lovely game although a straight HOG. I usually prefer Ihogs or more adventure based games but this one is so beautifully made I may buy it. Does anyone know how long the game is? I have done half an hours worth of my demo and am up to chapter 5 so am a bit worried about length.

posted in Hotel on May 23, 10 4:08 AM
I looked too but I got a fair way into the game before it crashed on me - in the templar cemetery. I'd be happy to help you out if you are not past that point.
Also - when I got stuck I used the hint button in every scene to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

posted in Hotel on May 23, 10 3:55 AM
I'm really enjoying the game but I seem to have hit a glitch. I met Therese in the Templar cemetery and the dialogue ended with 'not found' or something and I now can't move out of the screen, access inventory or menu!
Had to shut down game in task manager - game not saved! !!! Back at the first night dream.
Should have saved manually I guess.
Gah.

posted in Art Stories on May 17, 10 3:30 PM
I agree - I have been replaying similar games. Has made me realise how many I have!
Just had a look at Mudrocks post and it looks like some possibles for this week. I'm looking forward to the Brunhilda game too.

posted in Art Stories on May 17, 10 4:59 AM
10! since we had a decent game and I'm not counting Love Chronicles which came out as a CE or the lame Mystery Cruise or the not quite there Lost Lagoon. Guess I'm saving money :-)

posted in Deadtime Stories on Apr 29, 10 4:36 AM
I've just finished it and it s definitely in my top5 all time games!! Brilliant :-)

posted in Love & Death ™: Bitten ™ on Apr 13, 10 7:43 AM
Its interesting I think - since I first started playing, games have changed so much. We now have straight HOGs, IHOGS (that's a new term) and now the adventure/IHOGS and those that are like large file games - Millennium Secrets for example. And match 3 games with Hog elements. Do we need a whole set of new genre names here?
Those of us who like a whole adventure style story with puzzles and HOG elements will love this game. So what's this kind of game called?
It is def my favorite, I wait with anticipation for them.
And still having giggle about the TM's above death and bitten. Can death be trade marked? I guess bitten is trademarked cos of the Twilight obsession.

posted in Love & Death ™: Bitten ™ on Apr 13, 10 5:54 AM
I know everyone likes different stuff in a game, be it more hidden objects or less, more interactive, more adventure style or with different themes. But I'm posting for the second time because this game is the first one that's got me in a while. It stumped me a couple of times and I like that in a game. I like it a lot!!!!

posted in Love & Death ™: Bitten ™ on Apr 13, 10 2:58 AM
I'm loving this too! Great interaction, having to think and look around for what to do, well placed hidden objects - and not too easy.
I've been waiting for a game like this for a while so hooray!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator