Posts created by nontechiegrannie

posted in Greed: The Mad Scientist on Nov 5, 13 5:16 PM
Not too bad of a game, though as others have mentioned it's a very familiar story. The devs seem to be out of fresh ideas for new games & just rehash the old games over & over again.
The graphics aren't bad, the HOG's are the usual messy junk piles but the hint button is the best ever. None of "there's nothing to do here now" but actual useable hints. The voice overs/lip synch need some work. The story moves along quite nicely & actually has me wondering what is going to happen next. This will be a coupon buy for me.

This is the THIRD game in a row that decided to freeze up mid game & I am NOT liking this trend. At this rate I will never be able to buy another game but at least I will be saving some money!!!!!

This is the THIRD game in a row that decided to freeze up mid game & I am NOT liking this trend. At this rate I will never be able to buy another game but at least I will be saving some money!!!!!

posted in Paranormal State: Poison Spring on Oct 29, 13 12:51 PM
This is the second game in a row that had glitches in the HOS/Mini games screens. First Nevertales: The Beauty Within & now this game. What's going on??? In this game the trouble started with the sound track sounding like a record skipping then a loud humming noise before the screen freezes. Started the game over & got past where the first glitch happened but lo and behold with the next mini game the glitch popped up again. This is SO annoying!!! Devs/BFG lets get our act together and put out better games along with better translations of HOS objects!!!!!!!!!!!

posted in Paranormal State: Poison Spring on Oct 29, 13 12:44 PM
This is the second game in a row that had glitches in the HOS/Mini games screens. First Nevertales: The Beauty Within & now this game. What's going on??? In this game the trouble started with the sound track sounding like a record skipping then a loud humming noise before the screen freezes.

Review based on 10 minute demo. The game was ok, the graphics weren't bad BUT the acting/voiceovers was cheesy at best. I found when the characters were speaking their lips didn't move but their eyelids kept blinking. This was weird & annoying. Until this glitch is fixed this will be a NO BUY for me.

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Oct 26, 13 5:06 PM
I downloaded the game without any difficulty & was enjoying playing it when my computer screen froze for the first of a total of 3 times on a mini game. Three strikes & your OUT so NO BUY for me.

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Oct 26, 13 5:05 PM
I downloaded the game without any difficulty & was enjoying playing it when my computer screen froze for the first of a total of 3 times on a mini game. Three strikes & your OUT so NO BUY for me.

posted in Otherworld: Shades of Fall Collector's Edition on Oct 17, 13 5:48 PM
Game froze twice so only got to play a few minutes & I've already uninstalled it! From what little I saw the game seemed a little dull, though I liked the talking cat. If the game don't work, I don't buy.
Since I pay money for these games I expect them to work. It seems every computer game has so many glitches. You would think that after all of this time the devs would be putting out much higher quality games.
Also, I can't be bothered with trying to have someone fix the glitch remotely & I NEVER uninstall then reinstall. So to recap, If the game don't work, I don't buy!!!

posted in Otherworld: Shades of Fall Collector's Edition on Oct 17, 13 5:46 PM
Game froze twice so only got to play a few minutes & I've already uninstalled it! From what little I saw the game seemed a little dull, though I liked the talking cat. If the game don't work, I don't buy.
Since I pay money for these games I expect them to work. It seems every computer game has so many glitches. You would think that after all of this time the devs would be putting out much higher quality games.
Also, I can't be bothered with trying to have someone fix the glitch remotely & I NEVER uninstall then reinstall. So to recap, If the game don't work, I don't buy!!!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 10, 13 6:34 PM
ICK!! They say you can't cure stupid & this game proves it. I'm uninstalling it as fast as I can!!

posted in Riddles of Fate: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition on Sep 5, 13 1:53 PM
Same old ghost, spirits, dragon genre. Nothing new. Have the devs no imagination??? Same old graphics, cluttered junk pile HOS & VO's. Got past the opening scene to the city square when the game deteriorated to a wonky, uncontrollable cursor which included using the guide. I was not able to use the bucket of water in the inventory because as soon as it came near the fire it went back into the inventory instead of dousing the flames. At that point I got out of the game. The Elephant should lower his trunk in shame for the AWFUL clunker that has been passed off as a game. A definite NO BUY. Don't even waste your time on the demo!!

posted in Ashley Clark: Secret of the Ruby on Aug 26, 13 1:51 PM
Based on demo: I actually liked this game in lieu of the "dreck" that BF games has been coming out with lately. Artwork is good & not cartoonish as some games have been lately. VO's are character appropriate & the music isn't overpowering. Hint button seems to fill up quickly. The HO screens are still junk piles but you can find everything....eventually! The puzzles are somewhat different than the usual connect electrical wires or slide bolts to move an object outside of the box. The storyline is still similar too sooooo many others.

It seems the devs have a dozen or so storylines that they just revamp over & over again. How about some originality with the storylines??? Perhaps a contest among the devs who can think "outside the box" & come up with a game that does NOT include witches, demons, lost/dead people or time-travel etc. Just want to encourage the devs to think creatively!

posted in Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow Collector's Edition on Jul 19, 13 2:04 PM
GLITCH ALERT- quite a few players along with me had an issue with the pyrotechnic burning hand remaining on the screen covering up part of the inventory. I only played the demo & as I was finishing a second burning hand appeared over the inventory!! It seems a lot of players really enjoyed the game but I fail to agree with their enthusiasm. The devs took great poet license with the story mixing continents (USA sheriff/bar with European castle/phonebox )& then throwing in the supernatural for good measure. I've found the supernatural/dead people/witches etc. story lines have become tedious, boring & redundant. There was also the usual junk pile HOG's & mini-puzzles with little or no direction. The graphics weren't too bad & the characters looked real enough but their mouths didn't move when they spoke. Until the glitch is fixed this is a definite NO BUY for me!

posted in Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow Collector's Edition on Jul 19, 13 1:42 PM
Also have the burning hand that will not go away despite doing several HOS & to top it off a second burning hand appeared just as my hour demo was ending. Needless to say this is going to be a NO BUY until the glitch is fixed!!!

posted in Fairway Solitaire: Tee to Play on Jun 4, 13 2:33 PM
Free is nice but there are some caveats to this "Free". Except for some updated brighter graphics this is the same game as the Fairways CE. Also, why all of a sudden are there extra fees for upgrades while playing the game? The fee prices listed on the game for sale screen are listed in British pounds. Any reason why as I am nowhere near the British Isles & have never used their currency? I too found that the screen does not open all the way but can deal with it. The thought of having to deal with the tech team & their gibberish is too much for this non-tech grannie to handle.

posted in The Veil of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes on May 27, 13 11:16 AM
You can't fix STUPID!! I couldn't get the power to turn on in the 1st scene & the hint button was useless. Kept saying to turn on power...duh!!! The devs should be ashamed of themselves for foisting such an unplayable game on the market & expecting us to pay them for it. Not ME......

posted in Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood on May 4, 13 3:36 PM
Game glitch alert! Loved the demo & bought it with a credit. The game was moving along fine until I got to the jungle & the shaman. It was there that I found out the inventory only holds 7 items & if your inventory is full when you play a HOS an error message pops up. Since your inventory is full you don't collect the item that you need. So I guess I'll start all over & make sure I use the inventory items immediately!! The devs really goofed on this one & it's most annoying.........buyer beware!

posted in Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood on May 4, 13 3:34 PM
Game glitch alert! Loved the demo & bought it with a credit. The game was moving along fine until I got to the jungle & the shaman. It was there that I found out the inventory only holds 7 items & if your inventory is full when you play a HOS an error message pops up. Since your inventory is full you don't collect the item that you need. So I guess I'll start all over & make sure I use the inventory items immediately!! The devs really goofed on this one & it's most annoying.........buyer beware!

posted in Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood on May 4, 13 3:26 PM
Game glitch alert! Loved the demo & bought it with a credit. The game was moving along fine until I got to the jungle & the shaman. It was there that I found out the inventory only holds 7 items & if your inventory is full when you play a HOS an error message pops up. Since your inventory is full you don't collect the item that you need. So I guess I'll start all over & make sure I use the inventory items immediately!! The devs really goofed on this one & it's most annoying.........buyer beware!!!

posted in Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood on May 4, 13 3:23 PM

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator