Posts created by barbarasofie

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 17, 15 6:07 AM
Hey, Alicemary - today I got the quest from the old lady.... you must visit Guo Antiques, Secret Library and Toy Shop to get Bug Spray, Elevator Button and scissors... then you can open the miniscenes in the Hotel..... Good luck!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 17, 15 5:05 AM
Yes, I double-checked that.... my own internet connection is normal - any other downloading stuff works - except BFG (ART and AK)....

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 17, 15 4:35 AM
Wulfruna, you're right, I fully agree....but if you are not able to change the new collections into fuel (because of the dangling internet connection) you just CAN'T work on the world countries.... (except spending gold on fuel, and I refuse to do that.)
Anyway, I'm glad your connection is working, have fun

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 17, 15 4:31 AM
It gets REALLY annoying meanwhile:
- I have no chance to finish the blueprint quest
- I can not finish auction quests
- I can not change rewards into fuel....having hundreds of collection parts...
- I can not give keys to my friends
- I can not receive or send messages.....
The connection breaks down several times in a minute. It would be much more fun to play if that was fixed....
Thank all devs, admins, mods and whoever else can solve this problem.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 17, 15 4:00 AM
<--- me too. I suppose it's the problem with the coming and going (mostly going) internet connection. Still 4 parts to find....

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 16, 15 11:21 AM
Most annoying is, that I can't finish the blueprint quest without good connection - it's nearly impossible to get the pieces from Teodi's like that. I must have spent at least 300-400 thread and still not finished...

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 16, 15 3:21 AM
I think you are missing the pieces because of the connection problems... if you don't have a sure internet connection (not your fault or the fault of your system, I've got the same problem) the pieces will never drop...

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 16, 15 3:15 AM
I was only able to play it two times with the printing stuff - all other tries it was calvary again.... must be a glitch, that is not repaired yet. Probably the devs are busy to work for the people, that haven't even got the plane quests yet....

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 15, 15 8:50 AM
Hi... did you get into the airplane yet and got the quests? You must find all parts of the airplane first, repair it, and THEN you can visit the world.
By the way: you're in the wrong thread - this thread is about connection problems.

And YES, I have problems with the connection still: sometimes I can't even cange my collections to rewards, which is very bad if I'm out of fuel....

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 14, 15 4:16 AM
Yeah...always in silhouette mode it costs 2 fuel.... no idea why

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 13, 15 4:37 AM
Nearly...
I think you must collect all those building materials, too - and if that is finished, you can build. But I'm not as far yet - still busily working on the blueprints.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 12, 15 10:07 AM

Note: I am also not aware of collections giving fuel?????

Wulfruna, it took me a while till I reckognized that - but it's true! And very helpful, too...

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 12, 15 9:34 AM
Val, if you visit the world, you can collect parts for the Violet collection. If a collection is finished there (only the new ones, which have nothing to do with the picture Quest) - you can change them into stars, XP, money and FUEL. Every completed set gives one star and one fuel. Happy gaming!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 11, 15 1:15 PM
I uninstalled the whole thing, following the hints of Gobstopper. It worked in a way - I've got the printing stuff in sculpting studio now. But still I can't open the planetarium in Toy shop, because the batteries are not showing up. Normally the opener for a mini scene should show up on the left upper side - but nothing.....

Edit: I replayed the scene where to find the batteries - was in Train Roundhouse Colorado - and bingo: I could open the planetarium. Yippie!!!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 11, 15 12:30 PM
I've got this problem too. I uninstalled now - waiting to download the game again.... but this internet connection problem is really annoying.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 11, 15 10:55 AM
Yep, I had to find batteries for the toy shop. I found them (in Guo Antiques, San Francisco) - but returning to toy shop they don't show up, so I can't finish the scene

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 11, 15 8:32 AM
You don't have to buy them, you can also get most of them in minigames. Look up this thread: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/259109.page#5543669 and it will tell you where to find the stuff. Happy gaming

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 11, 15 8:27 AM
As far as I know you can change the new collections (Da Vincis flying machine etc.) for 1 star, and you always get money, XP and one fuel according. Happy gaming!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 11, 15 12:58 AM
Strange thing....
My "gift box" is working again without problems.... but still no printing stuff in the sculpture studio. My cat is barking when I go there
Anyway, this game has surprises every day, and I enjoy it very much.
GREAT THANKS TO ALL PEOPLE HERE WHO HELP VERY MUCH!!!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 9, 15 7:38 AM
Hrmpf... I found some new problems in the game: my gift box doesn't work anymore (messages tell me I recieved keys, but they don't show up in my box); and the print media in the sculpture studio are gone again. I get there the same stuff as in train roundhouse....
Perhaps I'll uninstall everything on Sunday, today I'm too busy. Hope that works, because I've finished the airplane quest yet.....

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator