Posts created by tuskel

posted in Millennium: A New Hope on Aug 13, 16 3:09 AM
It's really frustrating (and nowadays there are scripts etc to make enemies show up on the map when you are making a game).

Is there an option somewhere or sth? I would like to play this, but the random attacks really puts me off...

I'm trying to look for a series of games, and previously, it was possible to see the alphabetical order of games. Where has it gone? (It's hard to use the search, because lots of different games with the same words start intruding in the results, there isn't "quote" search like in google here, is there?)

Also, sorry to post it here, but we don't have a general forum to ask general questions about the games, so.

tuskel,
sincerely

posted in Alpha Kimori ™ on Apr 6, 15 4:18 AM
If you, like me, use your items, then by the time the boy in the jungle asks you to help him find 50 fluorite, you have hardly any left.

However, you do not have to buy them. Instead, in the item shop, on the left, there is light-haired boy who asks for your help to find special Ki crystals in the Great Forest. Take the quest and you'll be transported to the scene, although with slightly different monsters and layout. Kill everything you see - Silver Pagas often drop fluorites and you can level up twice while you are in there. You do have to do it on your own, though - the boy who asked your help doesn't fight. You can do the quest several times in a row, if needed.

Also, (as far as I have experienced), if you have Vanessa in your party and you try to leave the screen in a storyline quest, she heals everyone.

HIH!

tuskel,
sincerely

posted in Ella's Hope on Mar 31, 15 2:16 AM
Since the old topic was closed, I thought to start a new one. Hopefully it won't get full of spam!

Anyway. My score:
Exam: 12
Quest Points: 320
Sky Orbs: 40

Overall: 43

I did look up the side quests after I was near the end with main quest - just because I like to be helpful and finish all of them So I believe I got the max score on Quest points.

I did take the logic exam, but I was too into "drawing the conclusion form the statements" to believe my own logic thinking, or I would have done better. Several times I thought. "Well, I don't agree, but the statements make it sound like it, so I better say yes." So that is why my score was quite low.

I didn't look up where the Sky Orbs were, but I did try to explore as much as I could. I'm surprised I found as many as I did, actually.

Ella passed, and so did Cal, because I didn't think a girl should be tied down that early in her life. Also, unrequited love is not the best reason to do something. I'm glad Cal passed, anyway, and if there ever is a sequel, I'm sure we'll meet him again.

tuskel,
sincerely

posted in Treasures of Rome on Mar 30, 15 3:35 AM
Same here. I bought a CE, hoping to fill my card today, but if there are no bonus punches any more, I will not spend money on another coupon. I would have otherwise. Great job, BFG, you just lost a sale!

tuskel,
sincerely

posted in The Witch and The Warrior on Mar 12, 15 3:32 PM
When I read the description of this, I was surprised to see it should have multiple endings. I played this game forever and I don't want to play again just to get different end. Can anyone tell me what they are?

What I got was - the assembly room bit, Ember and Anda giving back the keys, Ember standing on the stairs, feeling that she still didn't fit in, but taking her friends flying, and occasionally even visiting home. I also found 199 pumpkins, scored 85 on my flying lesson and got something like 38 friendship points.

Anyone got anything different? Or something more?

tuskel,
sincerely

posted in Nevertales: Smoke and Mirrors Collector's Edition on Nov 11, 14 10:30 AM
It looks interesting, but I don't want something full of skulls and mad scientists etc.

I recently played Legacy: Witch Island with my daughter (6), and she was really interested and quite good at it. I'd like to get another similar game, but I don't want it to be too dark and disturbing.

Thanks,
tuskel

posted in Legacy: Witch Island on Oct 20, 14 12:54 PM
Yeah, I looked at it as well and decided to buy, because in the reviews it said - lots of minigames, not many HO scenes - and no dark grim stuff! Added bonus - hints load quickly. I've been playing this with my 6-yo daughter, and she really enjoys it. Good deal!

posted in Chocolatier 2: Secret Ingredients on Oct 19, 14 4:26 PM
Hi. Apparently these games have been pulled even on the dev's website. I am not sure why, but I have read that they are concentrating on smartphone/tablet games now and have stopped selling PC games.

Unfortunately I also have no idea where to get Mac version.

Unless you can find a physical copy somewhere online in the big stores that sell second hand stuff... I am fairly sure PC versions were released, but Mac? Again, don't know.

Maybe try buying them from the site you downloaded? When I tried your link, it offered the buy button, but after clicking gave the same message of being not available/not released.

(I, too wanted to get Chocolatier 1 - I have the other 2 from here, and I used to have the first one, but I lost the disc, so I thought - ah, I can buy that here as well. But, alas, they are gone. Waah.)

posted in Aveyond 2 on Jun 23, 14 3:47 AM
Has anyone played Ahriman's Prophecy here? (It's the prequel-Aveyond, freeware game, still available and works on Win8, so I imagine it has no problems on older OS)

Anyway, as I am broke and can't buy any games from here until next month, I downloaded it and started playing. The main character is Talia Maurva, the red-headed priestess you see in the begining of Aveyond 1. Well, the graphics are a bit 8-bit , inventory is clunky and fighting with any magic quite difficult... But I muddle along, and I think I might be about halfway through now...

Anyway, as I have been playing, I have noticed several similarities between Ahriman's Prophecy and Ean's Quest.
*The music is similar (you know, the "overworld" theme - yep, here it is!, some city themes are the same, too) - fine, predictable, as they have the same composer.
* It seems to take place around Thais as far as I can see at the moment, there is Candar again, the city of love, (you get to marry the original Ella to the Prince of Candar!) and not in the whole world (Eastern Empire, Aveyond, etc, like in Ave1)
* One of the main characters you can play is a shape shifter
* Jack the Thief is a playable character, but you have to train him up at first - he doesn't know how to lockpick chests in the begininng!
* There is an old lady in the desert who buys salamander skins (if you sell her 12, she makes a salamander armour you can purchase)
* There is a Coliseum where gladiator fights take place in the desert city (although you only enter one to save a girl)
* There is a fighter near the Coliseum called Herman the Terrible who sais he's never been beaten yet (Terrible Trevor, anyone?

All I can remember for now, but it is a fair bit... It seems that Amaranth thought they hadn't got any money for the idea, so they decided to make it again... Which is fine by me, I just find it interesting.

tuskel,
sincerely

posted in Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall on Jun 6, 14 4:18 PM
If you are interested in trying a Nancy Drew game, then try Secret of Shadow Ranch, which does have a free trial here in BigFish - it's one of the earlier Nancy Drew games, but consistently rated very high by fans. It isn't too hard or too spooky, but there are plenty of puzzles and tasks, characters to talk to, you can snoop around and call friends for hints and help.

It's a perfect first Nancy Drew game - if you like it, you'll be getting along well with other games, too.

posted in Aveyond on Jun 1, 14 10:46 AM
Yes, I was getting very frustrated as well... Those Wyverns are a menace! I kept dying and dying, but finally did it.

First of all, everyone is right about saving after every battle and replenishing your health and mana. Secondly, Who/what to use? I used Rhen - Nightbird Song, Lars - Gauss Shield, Plague (with blood orb once you find it in the lair, it makes Necromancer spells stronger), Dameon to use CHICKEN CURSE HEX on his first turn, later healing and reviving as needed and Elini - Red Demon. I kept dying several times every fight, but the Chicken Hex Curse really works - it makes the Wyverns silent, so you can have several turns before they can do any spells again. It made it almost laughably easy after I discovered that, compared to the beginning.

Angels of Death aren't that tough, although they do have a lot of health points. I kept doing the same thing as above, but Silence Extora (Dameon) seemed to work on them quite often, and then just lots of healing whenever possible.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Nov 18, 13 12:58 PM
unclepaul wrote:That sounds like a good thing to do, but does that mean you can take your hard drive to another computer and play the games from there of is there still something on the C drive that is required to run the games.
I am thinking of what if you have to upgrade to another computer. So taking your hard drive to another computer should test that.

Hi, I can (kind of) vouch for this - I, too, usually keep my games on my memory stick - I haven't downloaded all of them though. However. Recently we had to buy a new computer because the old one just died. All of the installed games, from Bigfish and other places, still worked, straight from the memory stick. What I didn't have, of course, was my saved games. These are still going to be on your hard drive.

tuskel,
sincerely

posted in I SPY: Treasure Hunt on Nov 13, 13 3:32 AM
We had to get a new PC recently and to our disappointment, I SPY games didn't seem to work on it (I had no problems with other games bought from BigFish.) I tried troubleshooting, which changed compatibility to XP Service Pack 3, but none of them even started or gave us error messages. I wrote to CS and they offered a solution - to run the games as Administrator, but that made no difference either.

However, what CS gave me, was the route to properties and once there, I could change compatibility manually. I changed it to XP Service Pack 2 and now our I SPY games are up and running again!

How to get there:

First, check you can see hidden files and folders:
* Hover your mouse in the bottom left corner, until you can see the little (purple) start window. Right-click and choose Control Panel
* In the top-right corner, type "folder" into the search box. Select Folder Options.
* In "View" tab, make sure the option "Show hidden files, folders and drives" is chosen. Click OK.

Now find your game folder:
* You might have it on your C-drive, in "Program Files x86", or, as in my case, installed on external drive or memory stick. (You can check in the Game Manager where your installed games end up - Choose "Options" in top-right corner, then "Downloads" tab, and the last item there is "Game Installation Location".)
* In your game folder, there should be a little greyed out treasure chest icon called ISPYTreasureHunt. Right-click, then choose Properties.
* In "Compatibility" tab, tick the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" from the drop-down menu. Click OK.

Your game should work now.

tuskel,
sincerely

posted in I SPY™ Fun House on Nov 13, 13 3:28 AM
We had to get a new PC recently and to our disappointment, I SPY games didn't seem to work on it (I had no problems with other games bought from BigFish.) I tried troubleshooting, which changed compatibility to XP Service Pack 3, but none of them even started or gave us error messages. I wrote to CS and they offered a solution - to run the games as Administrator, but that made no difference either.

However, what CS gave me, was the route to properties and once there, I could change compatibility manually. I changed it to XP Service Pack 2 and now our I SPY games are up and running again!

How to get there:

* Hover your mouse in the bottom left corner, until you can see the little (purple) start window. Right-click and choose Control Panel
* In the top-right corner, type "folder" into the search box. Select Folder Options.
* In "View" tab, make sure the option "Show hidden files, folders and drives" is chosen. Click OK.

* You might have it on your C-drive, in "Program Files x86", or, as in my case, installed on external drive or memory stick. (You can check in the Game Manager where your installed games end up - Choose "Options" in top-right corner, then "Downloads" tab, and the last item there is "Game Installation Location".)
* In your game folder, there should be a little greyed out clown icon called ISPYFunHouse. Right-click, then choose Properties.
* In "Compatibility" tab, tick the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" from the drop-down menu. Click OK.

tuskel,
sincerely

posted in I Spy Fantasy on Nov 13, 13 3:24 AM

How to get there:

* In your game folder, there should be a little greyed out rocket icon called ISPYFantasy. Right-click, then choose Properties.

tuskel,
sincerely

posted in My Singing Monsters on Nov 7, 13 3:31 AM
Apart from on the market, exchanging them for money or diamonds, I haven't seen any place to get them. Is there a "shard mine"? Can we earn shards as we do coins and diamonds, or is it purchase only?

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Oct 8, 13 6:53 AM
I realised now that I just needed to go back to the pottery wheel - the clay is there next to it, neverending supply. Just go back and click on the wheel and you can make vases again.

tuskel,
sincerely

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Oct 7, 13 2:02 PM
I'm at the point where I need to make the 6 turquoise vases, but I can't find any more clay. Is it a bug? Do I have to start again or will going back to an older game suffice?

tuskel,
sincerely

posted in My Singing Monsters on Sep 30, 13 5:56 AM
Bigfish, get your bum in gear! I thought that I'd add my voice to this thread as well. I had real problems logging in yesterday, but finally managed last night between 8 & 9 (in UK). Since then, I have been trying to log in and always get the same message:

"Failed to connect to server."

I am getting a bit annoyed, although because I haven't bought anything, I am not as angry as other people maybe are at the moment. In any case, I am disappointed and would like to add another vote to the downloadable version some other fishies have been talking about.

tuskel,
sincerely

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator