Posts created by Kegggie

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 8:11 AM
I have been a member for nearly ten years and usually look at the relevant new forum each day before downloading the free trial as it is very helpful to get other fishes views on the game and any problems. It is also helpful to see early lists of previous games in a series like those posted by pennmom36 and others. I know that sometimes there are spam posts but these can be ignored or perhaps BFG could delete them automatically. Also I agree with Banshee10 above that perhaps there should be fewer special offers as we seem to get them daily lately.

PS I wrote the above before reading through all the other comments.

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned yet is that it seems unlikely that BFG will even look at these comments. Surely they should at least acknowledge our concerns today as by tomorrow there will be new game forums and these will be forgotten.

posted in Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip 2 on Feb 5, 18 7:57 AM
I used a coupon code but did not get the single bonus punch I expected and nor did I get one for another game I used a coupon code for and I only got one punch for the daily deal game so I think I am owed 3 punches.

posted in Jewel Match Solitaire: L'Amour on Jan 31, 18 2:52 AM
Me too, although I would have preferred to unlock different patience (solitaire) games like in the original Jewel Match Solitaire. I like the flowers on the numbered cards but I am a bit doubtful about seeing where the hearts can be found in the layout as I think this makes the game easier.

posted in Roaring Twenties Solitaire on Aug 14, 17 5:05 AM
This game requires you to match cards with the same number irrespective of card suit eg 10s, ladies etc. .You can click on cards in the layou or the top of the discard pile.

posted in Jewel Quest: Seven Seas on Nov 29, 16 9:18 AM
I managed to ring one bell by lining up 3 jewels the same colour in the column next to the bell with one of them next to the bell and a single gap somewhere between the 3. I then managed to get another jewel of the same colour in the column next to the gap and use it to complete 4 in the column next to the bell and get a wheel to use to ring the bell. I hope this makes sense and helps. It took quite a time and despite several tries I didn't manage to complete the level before the trial time was up.

posted in Thanksgiving Day Mosaic on Nov 21, 16 3:19 AM
Game loaded in window rather than full screen and curser was not visible but buttons lit up apparently when it ran over them.

I'm running Windows 8.1 on a laptop and have not had any problems with similar mosaic puzzles before.

posted in Spring in Japan on Jul 2, 16 2:45 PM
64 bit Windows 8.1 get windows fatal error message when click on help button on menu screen and have to close using task manager (was going to help to find out what the icons at the bottom of the screen cleared).

posted in Spring in Japan on Jun 20, 16 3:30 PM
Using Windows 8.1 same problem wont go to full screen on 17 inch laptop but I was able to get rid of the double arrow mentioned above by going to the options screen and clicking on custom curser.

posted in Solitaire 220 Plus on Jan 26, 16 5:26 AM
Having played 4 different types of solitaire, I have mixed feelings about this game. The range of games is good and makes a welcome change from the one up/down game (which is included in the golf category). The graphics are fairly basic but there are options to alter them. On full screen on my Windows 8.1 laptop the cards looked squashed but by changing the resolution to 1280x720 in the options menu in the program they looked fine albeit with margins either side of the screen which I don't mind. The tutorials for each game are reasonably clear but I would have thought them better had I read the help screens accessed via the ? button on the title screen. For example, I thought there was no auto complete and didn't like clicking every card but the help screen states that you can right double click to automatically move cards that are available. There are no trophies but the program does give you a score for each game you play (win or lose) and keeps statistics of how do have done. I liked the program enough to buy it and recommend you give it a try.

posted in Christmas Mosaic Puzzle on Dec 21, 15 5:56 AM
First time I tried to play it the whole game froze and I had to use ctrl-alt-del to stop the program. The same thing happened with the very similar Halloween program from same developers and, like that one, this program started to play when I re-opened it. However, unlike that one, after 24 minutes when I got to screen 11 there was nothing in the picture area nor in the side bar that holds the missing pieces. Has anyone else had this problem?

posted in Christmas Wonderland 4 on Dec 6, 15 5:22 AM
Can't run game as pointer jumps on opening screen where you sign in and choose difficulty.

Opened new thread as all others are locked.

posted in Runefall on Apr 20, 15 3:42 PM
I've been round and round, cleared all the sand/grass etc and opened the boxes but still cannot find the fifth rune. I've also tried jumping to nearly empty spaces to see if there are any hidden areas like on level 12 but no luck. I am using the updated version as the original wouldn't run on my Windows 8.1 laptop. Can anyone help please?

Later. Tried level again going round outside wall clockwise to begin with and finally found the 4th and 5th runes beyond the forest and stone pile.

posted in The Far Kingdoms: Age of Solitaire on Apr 13, 15 9:43 AM
It is the type of solitaire where you remove cards that are one higher or lower than the top card of the discard pile.

posted in Runefall on Feb 12, 15 2:41 PM
Changed screen resolution to 1600 by 900 but game still freezes on start screen and have to use Task Manager to quit. (Windows 8.1 64 bit HP Envy laptop).

posted in Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny on Feb 5, 15 3:22 AM
I agree with Radgame. I bought this game as a daily deal yesterday and played it right through to the end in an evening on casual mode. The colours are bright and mini games fairly varied. I liked that you unlock special cards that allow certain actions. If this is offered as another daily deal I recommend that you try it and see if you are hooked.

PS Forgot to mention that there is a blog walkthrough if you get really stuck.

posted in Sea of Lies: Burning Coast Collector's Edition on Jan 29, 15 11:52 AM
I am not keen on the changes and arrived here via the general link at the foot of the page as I missed the game tips link as it is above the offer banner which will sometimes be for a different game.

Although the game descriptions are easier to read, the list of system requirements is in a tiny font and more difficult to read despite there seeming to be space to make it bigger on the right hand side of the page. Also I think the font used for reviews is smaller than it used to be.

All this aside however I do hope that BFG will keep the games forums as these cover more than just reviews and without any delay.

posted in Royal Flush Solitaire on Jan 21, 15 9:12 AM
Thanks a lot. I was trying to load it on my netbook as I tend to use that for card games and match 3s but I'll try it on my main laptop.

posted in Royal Flush Solitaire on Jan 21, 15 8:21 AM
I've had some of the same problems as people in the technical issues thread but would like to know if anyone has got this game to work as I quite like the description of it. However, no one has posted a review yet.

posted in Solitaire Game: Christmas on Dec 23, 14 1:30 AM
The program downloads and is validated in the BFG app but then I get error code 3 and a message to try again. Does anyone else get this problem? I have checked that I am signed in.
(Later) Tried one more time by clicking download in the app and this time the program has loaded. Sorry for the false alarm.

posted in Magic Cards Solitaire on Dec 10, 14 3:47 PM
I usually enjoy playing solitaire games and wanted to like this one but there are too many things that I disliked about it.

Playing full screen, the cards are almost square shaped and changing this leaves a fairly small playing area with suites on the cards tiny except for the basic pack.

The graphics are very colourful but the magic grains popping all over the screen when a card is removed from the layout started to give me a headache. I think the effects are overdone at the expense of gameplay.

It is not clear what the target is on each level, although possibly this is explained in the tutorial. The help button did not help much. The layouts sometimes include more than one copy of the same card so it is difficult to judge which cards to remove.. Also it seems odd that cards that are partially covered by another card can be removed. I was able to use the wild cards and also go back when I missed something.

The sound effects are minimal and I disliked the so called music.

The mini game at the end of the first level is very simple.

I am sorry that I cannot be positive about the game but please try it for yourself as you may like it better than me.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator