Posts created by halfmoon6666

posted in Farm Up on Nov 9, 14 4:01 AM
I totally agree with all the posts here. No fun left in playing. I use these games to relax and wind down from my regular job. That concept is totally gone now. I'm with the rest of you. The plug is nearly out of the wall.

posted in Farm Up on Nov 9, 14 3:47 AM
LadyLavander wrote:Glad to hear that it's not as bad as it sounded, I'm at the end of quests new plants so I might just try the update.

If you like waiting a week to get wool from your sheep, go ahead and update. I wish I would have listened to those who posted not to. But I had some gliches I thought would be fixed. Gliches still there as well as all the other BS changes, ie: having to pay gold for most everything which means real money cuz it doesn't come frequently in the game. Should have stayed with Farmville2.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Feb 2, 14 6:33 PM
red_jeep_girl wrote:Hi, I have a concrete piece of walkway that I can not pick up in the upper left corner of my yard. Is that normal? I have tried holding down the shift and clicking a bunch of times over the last month but its stuck. Is this just part of the normal ground?

Not aware it is normal ground. Try zooming in on it and click on the lower edge of the concrete. If doesn't work, contact CS.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 19, 14 12:48 AM
Dhyaniland wrote:For the past couple of hours each HO scene I try to play is festooned with white blocks.

I have logged out/in, rebooted my PC, etc.,

With a hefty reserve of Energy I don't have to purchase any, however it surely takes the fun out of the game if I can't play a HO scene and lose Energy to boot.

Anyone else having this issue?

I'll see if I can take a screenshot and send it to CS after posting this. Sometimes the screenshot/snipping tools do not work when the white blocks take over.

edited for space

Ive been having the same thing. It started just on my mansion screen, then went to HOS, then several HOS. And now on neighbors wh3n I go visiting.

Very frustrating when trying to play HOS

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 13, 14 4:24 PM
4PrivetDrive wrote:Hello all, this is such fun. I am 53 from Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am enjoying this game far too much and spending far too many hours playing it. I am trying to figure out how to play while I recover from upcoming shoulder surgery. I am sure I will find a way.

4 Privet Dr

62 from Ventura Co, Southern Calif. Depending on the type of surgery you have and how soon you can move the shld, there are lots of exercises that can incorporate use of the mouse. I was recently in hosp for abdominal surgery and on lots of pain meds when I came home. I did OK playing, at least I think I did.
The "desperate" thing I did before I went in was showed my sis, who lives with me, how to access all my games that have daily giveaways so I wouldn't lose any of those while I was away. Pretty OCD, don't you think?

Manor: HALFMOON

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 10, 14 2:32 AM
Starfire_619 wrote:Okay, the 24 hours has passed.
The "Developers" will fix it when they can.
That means that they will wait this out and nothing will be done, [Removed by Moderator].
I find that unacceptable,
I'm done.
Enjoy this site.
I'm out of here.
[Removed by Moderator].

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 8, 14 9:56 PM
Has anyone opened 12.4 and not had the building show up anywhere? Its not in inventory, not in the other files to purchase, not on the grounds.
Oh wait, I may have answered my own question, been so long since I played a new scene. Maybe I need to fill a couple vials first, if I remember correctly.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 6, 14 12:59 PM
So well said. You go Creepy Hollow!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 4, 14 8:17 PM
LifeforceOne wrote:I'm all aboard this bandwagon! It's nothing personal, but a don't accept invites from mockingbirds, elms, arnolds, batleys, or lyons. It's that simple. 7 Lifeforce Blvd

Im with you

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 4, 14 8:14 PM
Cglider wrote:Well, the key to further development is for us to keep playing and occassionally buying gold. Doesn't have to be a vaultful just a bucket or so.

I think the other way to encourage the developers is to encourage them. Everyone likes to hear that their efforts are appreciated. I've been noticing a tendency, especially on a Facebook and on this forum also, for folks to go ballistic with repetitive postings, unkind postings, etc. when something untoward occurs. That doesn't really help. In my opinion, Big Fish and Dark Manor in particular has a phenomenal support staff. Haranguing them if they don't (can't) solve an individual's problem immediately is also not helpful.

Read the informational threads in this forum. They offer ways to be more efficient in playing. The DM 101 thread has great information, even if you think you know a lot about the game. The thread about groupings is a wonderful resource. Also, it is really helpful to read some of the threads before posting a question. The answer may already exist. Don't have to page through everything, but the forum is cluttered with threads covering the same issue one right after another. People will try to help you, but the same question on several nearby threads becomes too much to try to address.

Remember the people who post here are players, not Big Fish staff or developers. The moderators try to keep things civil and tidy, but they can't solve your individual problems. In those instances, you need to contact Customer Support. Be sure to give them your manor name and player number. Information about finding those items has been repeated in this forum over and over.

If you have suggestions for game enhancements, read the thread titled suggestions for developers. There are plenty of great ideas there already but you might be able to make a unique new contribution.

It seems to me that the Goal of this game is to play it, have fun with the decorations, challenge yourself to complete scenes with higher scores, etc, not necessarily to finish it. I will say this, Dark Manor is a patience builder. Have fun along the way.

would you be able to copy and paste this over on the FB site? It is brutal as you know. So many folks don't think about what it takes to put a game like this together and then manage it for hundreds of thousands, maybe into the millions, of players worldwide. Thanks

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 26, 13 8:30 PM
There's a new syndrome out there called "Dark Manor arm and bum". Soon to be written up in all the medical journals.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Dec 16, 13 1:27 AM
Dont know the answer to your question. But the repair place should be able to back up your drive before they wipe it. If not, if your hard drive is still working, get an external drive to back up your hard drive. I have a FreeAgent GoFlex drive 465 GB. I would recommend getting a Terabyte if they have them. You can set it up to backup as often as you like. The repair shop can easily use this to recreate your hard drive after it is reformatted.
I got mine either at Costco or thru Amazon about a year ago, cant remember exactly. Under $100. Good luck

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Dec 14, 13 1:44 AM
All the bugs I encountered in the dec3 update were fixed for me...halloween collection items, accumulating elf items, achievements...can't remember encountering a problem in 4 hours of play.

Trixiebubbles

Trixiebubbles,
you got your Halloween stuff back??!! How?

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Dec 6, 13 9:17 PM
I, too, lost everything Halloween related, i.e.: amulets, energy, collections, achievements. I know the achievements and collections were done for now, but figured they would be active again next year Halloween. Amulets were the big thing, had a ton of those saved for the right time to use them.
I suppose the programing for Xmas indicated "remove Halloween, put in Xmas", however that is portrayed in 1's and 0's.
Haven't reported it cuz knew it would come up here in the forums. And I suspect they will get it fixed.
The company I work for, not a gaming company, did a similar thing, and found out a week later it was a big OOPS! Talk about a mess. And very expensive.
Anyway, I trust BF to make this right even if it takes a while.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 4, 13 8:14 PM
I cant believe the constant complaints about this game! Frankly, I am tired of it. Developers have put a lot time, effort and money into this game and the regular updates. What you complainers are forgetting is that people start this as a new game all the time. What came out today may be totally new and different to them and very much appreciated. Just because some folks have progressed as far as they can right now, doesn't mean everyone has.
So quit your bitchin' and don't play if you don't like it. No ones holding a gun to your head.
I, for one, love the game even tho' I am at a high level and am waiting patiently for more.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 3, 13 2:16 AM
LaReinaGitana wrote:It may take time -- and judging from the number of people (like me) who posted that they didn't know about the gift until later, I imagine they're overwhelmed.

I submitted my request Thursday night when I found out about the gift through this forum. I got a form letter back saying they'd received it and stating that they answer these things in the order they're received. Haven't heard anything since.

I submitted request Friday, rec the energy early Monday.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Nov 17, 13 6:44 PM
This is what I do to maximize getting the "items" I need. (Some have been mentioned by others, some are obvious).

1. Put all your ??? machines together, buy all you can. I have mine in a corner close to the mansion.
2. Use the walkway attached to the ??? machine, not additional walkway beside it.
3. When you're not doing anything but trying to build Ju Ju, energy, gold or silver, remove some walkway pieces so the walkers have to go to the ??? machines only. This makes them trigger almost as fast as you can keep up with it. Only your last 5-6 walkers purchased will be active, but at this time that will include "Kitty" so no worries there :-)
4. Keep your walker pedestals all together so you can trigger them easily and faster when they charge.
5. Keep your moneymakers in the same general area so you can trigger them easily and faster when they charge.
6. Remember night setting for Ju Ju, day setting for silver.
7. And if you don't need it, keep energy level at least 17.

Just some ideas. Doing this got 50 gold bars in 30 minutes!
Mansion name: HALFMOON

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Nov 17, 13 5:46 PM
halfmoon6666 wrote:does anyone know anything about this sale that is mentioned only in the banner across the icon you click to log in?

BF, what say you?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Nov 17, 13 1:41 AM
does anyone know anything about this sale that is mentioned only in the banner across the icon you click to log in?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Nov 8, 13 4:25 AM
4 times tonight when trying to enter a HOS, game froze with this error after I finally got out of the game. My frustration is that the game already took my 15 lightening bolts when this happened so I have lost 60 bolts now. Ive had this problem before, too frequently I feel, when trying to access neighbors. But I don't lose anything there, just time to boot out of the game and restart.
Any others with this problem and/or any fixes.
Ive done the whole uninstall/reinstall that hasn't helped.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator