Posts created by Carole22759

posted in Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition on Feb 13, 13 7:35 PM
Slow download speeds for customers....?
....I would say it's time for some of these game distributors to distribute a little bit of their MEGA$PROFITS and upgrade their servers.

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Dec 15, 12 12:41 PM
Game was released over a month ago...wonder why so long to appear w/BFG?

posted in World Mosaics 6 on Dec 8, 12 10:58 PM
Am I the only one that noticed that there is no strategic numerical placement with this edition? It's all a guess, instead of being able to deduce where each marker should go based on the number(s) count at each margin. Yeah at times there's a "gotta guess" moment, but this edition has 90% guess moments, with no logic of placement at all. What a shame because I've always enjoyed playing this game, but this one is more annoying than anything.

....And those annoying 'foot-steps' (high-healed school marm type of steps); taking four steps every single time during that blackscreen transitions from scene to scene.
Driving me cah-razy!

posted in Mysteries of the Mind: Coma Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 12 6:24 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Carole22759,

........I completely understand the points you have made and I would like to assure you that we would never release a game with that sort of laissez faire attitude. .......

bfgBaikal

Hmmmm?....No fix yet! "laissez faire" indeed!
<<ducks head in order to fend off that punch in the face I posted about.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 12 5:55 AM
IF I WANTED TO WATCH A VIDEO, I WOULD HAVE RENTED ONE!

I felt I was sitting and watching more than I was playing....and when I was playing, it was the same thing time after time ---place the photos, put together the video puzzles--- uuugh

Yes, the graphics/video content was incredible, but if the gameplay is withheld from the player, none of that matters. It is an award winner for how it looks on the outside, but if you don't let the player have-at-it and feel they are the ones in charge and actually playing the game (things to do, places to go, things to find, interaction, solving puzzles, thinking about what to do/where to go next), who cares about all the incredible graphic/video content? I've played many games with far inferior "graphic show", but had so much fun playing the games because of the content, and I would play those over and over again in a second; before I would ever replay this cinder block.

And...so much for replying honestly after playing the BETA game. Do they really read the feedback, or do they just say too-bad, this is what we made, like it or not. My response to them was what I'm sure every other BETA tester responded with, and not a thing was changed. Most likely because the BETA came out only weeks prior to the release....how in the world would ANY comment/criticism matter at that point? I believe the BETA test was strickly for technical feedback only.

What would convince BFG to think we all want to sit and watch cutscene after cutscene? And what would be their thought process to release something like this to so many dedicated fans? My only guess is that those at the helm are not listening and giving us what THEY think we want without regard for the fans comments. I guarantee, with the next one, people WILL NOT purchase sight unseen as they did this go-around. I for one will NOT be purchasing the next game AT ALL, as I'm sure many many others are at the same cross-road as I am.
So many disappointed players, what a shame.

posted in Mysteries of the Mind: Coma Collector's Edition on Nov 12, 12 4:22 PM
...Did I miss the memo that H0games should no longer have a large quantity of H0scenes?

Maybe developers will factor-in a SKIP button to use during H0scenes for those H0game players that don't want to play H0scenes!

posted in Mysteries of the Mind: Coma Collector's Edition on Nov 12, 12 3:34 PM
Yep, many players (and I) are not able to continue/complete the game because of this problem (see the tech-issues thread).
Nothing I see so-far as a resolution. Good luck.
ETA: Oh, I do see that BFG suggests reinstalling and restarting the game as a possible resolution.

posted in Mysteries of the Mind: Coma Collector's Edition on Nov 8, 12 7:45 PM
Unfortunately, these things do happen with games. It is frustrating for the player, and I get that (since I cannot finish the game because of the POLE).
HOWEVER, I work in the world (as many of us do) of check check check check and... check again before giving the final "OK" for distribution. Even then, sometimes one tiny thing passes-by the many checker's discerning eyes, and ends up "out-there" in distribution unbeknownst to the vendor. Those slip-ups I can live with as a consumer, not a problem - everyone makes mistakes and misses something important at times - all is forgiven when it's an honest oversight.
BUT...
What puzzles me, is that this game has MANY mistakes and issues that would have definitely been caught by at least one of the (hopefully) many checkers that checked checked checked checked and... checked this game again; before the 4-sale sign was slapped on it. Maybe they were ok with the game in this state, and said: "Screw-it, sell it anyway. By the time these things are noticed and reported, everyone will have forked over the cash for the inferior game, and that revenue will finance the fix that we knew was necessary from the get-go."
Makes logical business sense to me. Not good business sense, but I can absolutely see it happening. And... will this blatant inferior game they sold us stop us from purchasing their next game? Probably not, it won't prevent me either. But still, it's such a slap in the face to the consumer. And it will be a punch in the face if they never send out the fix!
tisk-tisk

posted in Mysteries of the Mind: Coma Collector's Edition on Nov 5, 12 11:18 AM
Bonus Chapter:
An object (POLE) was not by the window after draining the tub (or if it was there, I didn't notice, and cannot return to the area to retrieve it).
Per strategy guide, the POLE is needed to pull an object from under the tub and move forward in gameplay.

Bottom line...This game is a MEMORY HOG and if you ain't got enough RAM AND dedicated VCM & if it doesn't allocate correctly....it ain't gonna play!

Sorry, but it played smooth as silk for me with adequate RAM & dedicated VCM.

posted in Legends of Solitaire: The Lost Cards on Jul 7, 12 10:13 PM
MarkAlan wrote:I honestly don't understand the need for yet another Golf Solitaire clone when there are so many of them out there. Especially with excellent titles like "Fairway" that are done so much better.
Is it not possible for developers to design a different card game like "Mille Bornes", "UNO" or "Phase 10"?
The only original card games I've seen here have been "Nertz Solitaire", "Skip-Bo" and "Picket Fences".
There are many different types of card games such as Rummy, Canasta, Poker, Spades, Hearts, Spite & Malice, etc.
Why is it so difficult to create something different?
I already own a game just like this, why would I purchase another one?

Thought I'd NEVER see anyone mention Mille Borne in my lifetime!
I used to play that game when I was young (late1960ish), and haven't heard of it since!
coup-fourré!

posted in Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward Collector's Edition on Jun 10, 12 3:04 PM
Would be sooooooooooooo much easier if the developers programmed accordingly for true/accurate/real widescreen, instead of the stretch or manipulate our resolution settings options.
This must be one of the top-ten programming costs that gets the ax when budget issues arise. When developers skimp on this feature they LOUDLY tell us this is not a top priority for them.
Too bad it's still happening... well into 2012 (go figure).

posted in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition on May 13, 12 11:01 AM
Fun game... yup, beautiful graphics... yes, lots to do...yup, game map...yes indeed.
Is this game's map sufficient and working well?... nope..
Am I dreading the opening of a new location in light of the lame-o-map?... yes.
Once again, I'm wondering if I should pack up my inventory items and go home.

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition on May 13, 12 7:28 AM
Widescreen beautifully filled-up my 23" & 24"monitors (a tweak to the aspect ratio setting should be a fix for those experiencing black bars down the sides).
Option to turn off black bar tips/hints is what made this game fun to play, otherwise it would have been a tedious scavenger hunt game.
Without knowing what items were needed in each scene, or what actions were necessary to get to the next room/scene, made this game a delight to play.
Thank you developers, this option made all the difference in gameplay!
ETA: I finished the game in just under 5hours.

posted in Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice on May 7, 12 4:30 PM
Sheerija wrote:There's no comments thread, but even if there were, I would only refer anyone to this thead, because I bought this game from the devs last month. This is a review based on the completed game.

I should apologize to the devs for what I am about to say, but I am not going to. In this day and age, with the high quality of games coming out from around the globe, if a game as below average as this one is put out there, they cannot expect not to bear the brunt. They deserve to hear it, and hear it they shall.

I am well familiar with The Riddle Box, having replayed it a few times. It is an extremely good game in all respects. This sequel easily made my list - my Worst Games Ever List. It bears no resemblance to the prequel whatsoever. It is rough and crude and filled with tiny objects that make it necessary to constantly hit the hint button. The puzzles are dumb and there is no logic to the story, which I found impossible to follow.

It all takes place in the town square from which a handful of locations lead off. Hari features about 3, maybe 4 times, tops, and has little to do with the game play or the story. He's like a token figure.

After The Riddle Box, it was announced that the sequel had been shelved. They should have left it that way. Passionfruit Games must have undergone a huge staff change, and these new guys have done the company's rep much harm with this awful game. How they could think that this has any redeeming qualities, I cannot imagine.

It simply stinks.
I agree with EVERYTHING you've said here.

Game is good, having fun playing, great graphics, etc,
But without a map (of some sort) I find myself dreading the opening of new locations through doors, over bridges, down hatches, etc. When there are more than a dozen areas of exploration open and active, the game becomes a roundy-round exploration to recall where the heck anything is/goes.

And from me, a note to developers: Instead of a direction hint of "There's nothing else to do here, try exploring another location", how about just highlighting the direction arrow that points to the correct path...not an in your face "HEY DUMMY...GO HERE AND DO THIS", but instead just a nudge with an arrow highlight that guides you either right/left/back/forward.

Yeah, I know there's a strategy guide, but I hate using those because it gives too much game play info.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 28, 12 9:34 AM
Here is my review based on the DEMO
I downloaded it, filled in my player name, selected a few options, went to a bunch of H0scenes, played a mini game or two and applied items to other stuff.
..........Now that makes yet another worthless review based on the DEMO version.

...Wondering: Has anyone completed this game?

I see lots-o reviews based on the trial alone (which IMO is premature to offer an indepth game review...but everyone seems to post fullscale reviews after playing less than 1/3 of the way through....but hey, that's my peeve-point).

In light of the "shovel" fiasco., I'm curious to see if anyone has completed this game; since I don't see any reviews/comments with mention of successful completion.

heatherington wrote:This is an okay game. One major glaring mistake at the beginning though. When they said left side of the ship. No sailor in his right mind would ever say that. They would say port side. Couldn't believe that! If you are going to do something, do it right! .......
Yeah, I muttered to myself when the voiceover said left instead of port.
Most likely a translation-gap...(?)

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator