Posts created by mjc570

posted in Chimeras: Cursed and Forgotten Collector's Edition on May 26, 16 12:23 PM
This is the second game this week that I have been unable to activate due to a runtime 802 error (using a pc with windows 7). I'm not bothering anymore, just have decided to cancel my membership and use the time I used to spend playing games to do other things.

KAthey12:
I'm with you. I've been a member for year, have probably purchased over 1000 games, including just about all CEs, but I've decided to cancel my membership. This site has certainly gone downhill.

I got the runtime error, too, on a PC running Windows 7, so was unable to activate I tried installing through the purchase history, but that did not work. Frankly, I'm tired of sending Dr. Flix reports and having to do stuff to get games to run properly, so I just requested that I be permitted to return the game and get the appropriate credit. I don't have the time or the inclination to do anything more.

posted in Laruaville 3 on Aug 5, 15 5:42 PM
FRHgames: Thanks for your response, but I still am not getting it. I'll give it one more try, and if I don't get it, then I'm afraid I'll have to delete it. I have too many games that I enjoy playing to spend time getting frustrated on this one.
LIke I said, I'm sorry, because I really liked Laruaville 1 and 2. Have you thought about making levels skippable after a certain # of attempts?

posted in Laruaville 3 on Aug 5, 15 2:30 PM
understand the technique for completing level 18, but keeping the fire going for that long distance while avoiding the water cells makes this level more of a chore than fun. The difficulty difference in this level and the rest of the game in relaxed mode is surprising. One of my favorite series, but this edition will end at level 18 for me.

I totally agree with this. I also understand the theory about keeping the fire going (ie, moves not time), but this has absolutely ruined the game for me. When I play in a relaxed mode, I want it to be truly relaxing. I must have REALLY slow reflexes, because even making matches to keep the fire going (which makes it difficult to look for "better" matches) hasn't worked. If I wanted to play a game with a limited # of moves, I'd select that.
I can't express how disappointed I am, because Laruaville 1 and 2 are some of my favorite games. I like to play them when I have a few minutes, and want to RELAX.

posted in Mystery of Neuschwanstein on Apr 27, 15 4:25 PM
You need to use something from the inventory - I think it is the casket key

posted in Mystery of Neuschwanstein on Apr 27, 15 4:16 PM
drag the glue onto the handle, then apply to the nightstand

Thanks for the "get game tips" tip - I had totally missed that, and ended up having to find the forums through the forum page.

posted in Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen Collector's Edition on Jan 15, 15 8:26 AM
This doesn't seem to be that good a deal to me. You get 2 games for $20.98 (2 game credits,$13.99 + $6.99), or $10.49 each. Just about every CE sale is better than this.

Of course, it is better than the bundle sales, which are pretty useless to me, as I either have the SEs or can use a pcc.

posted in Nevertales: Smoke and Mirrors Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 14 7:29 PM
I have the completed runic plate, and 5 metal plates (although the inventory says 5/6). I can't seem to get them to slot into the lock, even though that is what both the hint and the SG tell me to do next. Am I missing something? Grateful for any help!

ETA: Got it! The 6th was in a different scene. Whew!

posted in Queen's Quest: Tower of Darkness on Oct 7, 14 8:59 AM
Well, I bought it after just a short demo, mainly because the developers are participating here. While there were things I liked (the bright look, the fairy's dress, the collectibles, the gameplay generally), I probably would not have bought it because of the long recharge time for the hint/skip functions. I hope the developers consider this in their next game, because I would have no hesitation then in buying it. Thanks, Developers!

posted in Jewel Match IV on Jun 19, 14 12:25 PM
All the rooms indicate that they are complete, and I have some kind of handle? Lever? to use in the room in which parts for the mill should be repaired. There is no indication where I should use this (I already got and used the red key), and I'm really frustrated. If anyone can help, thanks in advance. Marcy

sollys: Yes, I did

Same here, picked the wrong profile. Can anything be done, beside complaining?

Like the game very much, but I do have 1 suggestion: Please number the SG pages. I often go forward or backward in it, and it would be helpful to know the page #.

Otherwise, I am very much enjoying playing. Thanks!

posted in Laruaville on Aug 7, 13 7:04 AM
I like the way that the game randomly selects levels to play after 115 - that is a lot more fun than starting back at the beginning. Thanks, developers!

posted in Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come on Feb 19, 11 8:19 AM
add me to the access violations. Tried different variations after reinatll - (letting the cut scene run, skipping it entirely, skipping it by screen). nothing works. Help, BFG!

posted in Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions on May 2, 10 1:37 PM
Thanks! THat makes more sense than "French Robot Object Game" or the other possibilities I came up with . . . .

posted in Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions on May 2, 10 10:39 AM
Can someone tell me what FROG stands for? HOG and IHOG I know, but what is this? Thanks

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator