Posts created by Papoola

posted in Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal on Oct 6, 11 1:00 PM
What a delightful little game! I barely finished the first chapter during the free trial and there are 10 chapters so should be a rather lengthy game. Some folks complain about all the dialogue but it's entertaining and you can click through as fast as you can read. Lots of back-and-forth activity but hey, makes me feel like I'm getting some exercise!

Only a few drawbacks that are really worth overlooking in order to play: Even my system cursor is a bit floaty at times; the loading time at the start of the game and at the start of each chapter is lengthier than usual and yes, items are small but there is a magnifying option and just because some of us older folks don't see like we used to doesn't mean the younger generations can't. I noticed games became a lot easier to play once I had cataract surgery done on both of my eyes. I realized the problem was mine; not the developers'.

I, too, am weary of all the dark games that are so predictable: Oh, look! A stalled car........and a locked gate......and a locked front door.........and a fountain.......and a statute, don't forget the graveyard! Been there; done that. Have enjoyed many of those genre but always looking for something new. I really appreciate the ingenuity that comes with making a game that has a quirky story line that makes me chuckle. Let's face it. We're surrounded by gloom and doom in the news. Why not have some cheerful playtime? Just my two cents' worth. Stepping off the soap box now.
Happy Fall to all (fol de rol?)

posted in Snark Busters: All Revved up on May 7, 11 6:16 PM
I'm truly not a fan of FHOG games but this one is so enchanting, I simply can't resist. What a nice change from all the dreary, depressing themed games (albeit good ones!) we've been inundated with since Ravenhurst and Dire Grove. It's nice to be able to lose myself in a bit of colorful, quirky fantasy for a change.
This is a definite buy for me!

posted in Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love on May 1, 11 9:05 AM
Welcome back, Goofyduck! I'm sure I'm not the only one who has missed your excellent reviews. I'm glad you're "back in the game". Others did well by "stepping up to the plate" in your absence with good reviews but it is your opinion I've always relied on the most when choosing to DL and try a game, let alone purchase it.
Happy Spring!

posted in Spring Bonus on Apr 15, 11 11:19 AM
Hi fishies,
I don't usually post but do read the forums daily and find the reviews very helpful. Spring Bonus is a game I would have just skipped over and not even demoed because it looks like a kid's game and too simplistic but your positive comments encouraged me to try it and I'm so glad I did. I do love a good M3 game and this one fills the bill. It's bright, cheerful, responsive and FAST! I did turn the music off after a while because it got to be too much but all in all, this is a fun, uplifting game and a great way to welcome Spring and all it's beauty. Thanks developers!

posted in Escape from Frankenstein's Castle on Sep 2, 10 11:10 AM
I beta tested this game and was so frustrated by the load time from scene to scene I wanted to scream! I didn't think the music fit the story line. At times it sounded like I was on my way to heaven even though I felt like I was in some perverse hell. The card game in the library was fun the first time but not the fifth time I had to play it for useless clues. The memory scenes were a novel twist. I was hoping the final version of the game would include suggested improvements but, from reading other people's posts, evidently the developers didn't heed suggestions so I won't bother playing this game even for the free trial hour based on the comments already made. Like other gamers, I always read the forum comments about a game before I try it or buy it and I so appreciate honest feedback about the games. They can't all be winners. Three games that I've really enjoyed lately are Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven, Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff and Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator