Posts created by cyndyk2

I have moved that key all over the surface of the owl, but there doesn't seem to be any place on it to insert or click the key to get it to "stick", or whatever, and until it does, I cannot move forward in the game. Would some kind soul please help me out here??
I'll be so grateful! Thanks.

CyndyK2

posted in Fable of Dwarfs on May 14, 14 2:43 PM
Bless you, gunja, that got my brain working! : ) Finally got out of that misty level! Guess I think more like you.

Cyndy K.

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World Collector's Edition on Mar 14, 12 10:44 PM
When you say you put the watering can under the tub, do you mean the tub in the train vestibule? If so, that's the wrong place for the watering can; you need to go outside the train and get the bucket hanging from the ladder. The watering can is filled from the barrel way later in the game. If that's not the tub you mean, then I'm confused.

Cyndy K.

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World Collector's Edition on Mar 14, 12 12:02 PM
When has there ever been a HOG that didn't have "anomalies"? Especially in the hidden object games themselves? Man, those get ridiculous sometimes, the things you're supposed to find that are glaringly out of place for the story line. And let's not forget that most of these games (like this one) are created in Eastern Europe or Russia; at least the translation this time was pretty good. I've seen most of the main characters in other games; I'm sure they don't have a huge development budget for these things, so given that fact, I think they did an outstanding game here. It still has ME stumped on one part! : )

Cyndy K.

I've completed the entire game and all the bonus games except the jewels; for the life of me, I cannot get them into their proper columns, no matter what I try. This one is different from the one in the game itself, with an extra level of jewels, so that solution doesn't work. If anyone has figured it out, would you be willing to share? Please?? I'd be in your debt!

CyndyK2

posted in Unsolved Mystery Club ®: Ancient Astronauts ® on Jan 12, 12 12:28 AM
Make sure you get the bugs off the edges of the well, too, not just the ones in the water; then you'll be able to get water in the bucket for the camel.

posted in Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden on Jul 15, 11 1:46 PM
I had to stop playing a little more than halfway through the game, as it was nearly 3 AM; when I tried to reopen it later, nothing. Just frozen solid. And of course I had already bought it and wasted a game credit! This isn't the first time that''s happened to me, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I'm getting really ticked off, Big Fish. If you want to keep your customers, you should put out products that will work consistently!

posted in Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest on Jun 8, 11 4:02 AM
I'm in the mine and I have all but the last jewel. I'm supposed to "move" a rock to get at it but can't figure out how to move the rock. I've dusted it, shoveled it, hammered it, and it just SITS there. I don't have any other tools to move it WITH. HELP! Does anyone know how to move this stupid rock??

posted in Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air on May 5, 11 9:15 PM
I got fed up uninstalling and re-installing this game, hoping it was FINALLY fixed and working, only to find it was still dead in the water, so I decided to try uninstalling all files from Safari and seeing if it would work with Firefox. I went to re-install it with Firefox onto my Mac only to discover to my amazement that it was a PC Zip file! No wonder it won't work on my Mac!! This is insane. I WANT A GAME CREDIT NOW!!

posted in Love Chronicles: The Spell on Mar 16, 11 10:23 PM
I enjoyed the pretty graphics, which were a welcome change from the "normal" dark and dreary HOG's you usually find, especially with the weird collection of objects that have absolutely NO business being where they are. At least this story hangs together! So nice to see designers using their heads instead of a bunch of graphics they pulled out of a set somewhere that we see all too often. More like this, please! Stop trying to hide everything in the dark! This was actually a pleasure rather than eyestrain.

The only reason I bought this game was because it was humorous, which was different. I thought it HAD to get better! I was wrong, I admit it. I finished it only because I paid for it, but I trashed it immediately on completing the game, and I have NEVER done that before. I'm sorry I wasted a credit. I'm half blind from trying to find objects, they're so tiny or the scenes are so dark. This is a pathetic excuse for a HOG. Someone should really be ashamed.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Jan 13, 11 6:59 AM
Have you met your objectives before going into Magnolia's room? If not, that may be why you can't open the toy box yet. Some of these games are devilishly single-minded that way. Try checking the walkthrough and see if you skipped something.

Cantorplay, the I, V, X buttons stand for 1, 5 and 10 in Roman numerals. And yes, you have to press them EXACTLY as they are written on the map, or they won't work. If the map says XXXVI (36), you have to press XXXVI or it won't work. As WilJul pointed out umpteen times, : ), the map changes every time you play and for every player, so you can't use the numbers in the walkthrough or in any spoilers; you have to look at your OWN map, and believe me, that can entail serious eyestrain! I've played the game through twice now, and it gets worse each time. : ) That rain doesn't help a bit, either.

I actually found the 13th skull FIRST before getting the rest from the cannons in the swamp; just made more sense to me to use the metal detector to dig up the coins and go fetch that skull from the basement before going out to the swamp. But that's me; I hate going back and forth all the time.

Once you have all 13 skulls, look in your Case Book (back up a few pages) for the placement of the skulls, and go to the clearing in the swamp where the alligator nest is. Put the numbered skulls in the nest according to the diagram in your book.

Cyndy K.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Jan 11, 11 8:00 AM
Push all the junk floating in the coffin out of the way until you find the bolts in the bottom of the four corners; use your wrench to remove the 4 bolts. That will drain the water out of the coffin. Then remove the grate at the bottom; just click on it. That will reveal a "seek and find" type puzzle. You need to enter 4 dates given to you during the game. The date of the pirate's birth is the only one that changes, which you will find on the fax in the den (you had to beat the Librarian at checkers to get that fax). The rest of the dates should be in your Case Book in various spots.

Cyndy K.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Jan 11, 11 7:53 AM
The downstairs closet is the only closet you can open with the key under THAT door. The closet in the master bedroom will open later in the game by itself; you probably haven't reached that point yet. When in doubt, take a look at the walkthrough and see if you've followed all the steps so far in the game; if you miss any, you may not be able to do certain things.

Cyndy K.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Jan 11, 11 6:58 AM
Also make sure you look at the case of the letters in the password. If they are upper case letters, make them upper case (capital letters) when you enter the password on the computer.

Cyndy K.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Jan 11, 11 6:55 AM
Make sure your inventory is closed as that may block the "subtitles" and mute your volume; that will turn the subtitles on. Then, as you move the glass around, look for a dark strip at the bottom of the "door"; as it gets darker, you're getting closer, so slow down until it suddenly comes in clear and you can see what Mrs. Lawson is saying. There are several parts to her conversation, so you may need to move around on the door until you find out where she hid the password for the computer. Good luck!

Cyndy K.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Jan 11, 11 6:49 AM
There are two coffins hanging in the tunnel; are you hitting the one on the left? That's the one you want. Once the skeleton falls out, you have to break it's thumb off with the screwdriver to get the T out of it's hand.

Cyndy K.

posted in Tamara the 13th on Jan 4, 11 11:19 AM
I can't either; I think you have to do the coconut FIRST, then the shell. If you do the shell first, you're SOL, apparently. This game is driving me bonkers.

Cyndy K.

posted in Tamara the 13th on Jan 3, 11 10:44 AM
I'm stuck in the fire scene where I'm supposed to be able to pick up a bowl, but there's no bowl to be found anywhere. I've looked at the walkthrough carefully, gone over and over the scene, but there is nothing there! This is so frustrating. I have had no problems with this game up to this point, and had hoped my problems with Mac and Big Fish were finally over. Guess not...

Cyndy K.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator