Posts created by redcathie

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 3, 16 7:09 AM
Kind of puts things in perspective doesn't it.

I hope you and yours are safe and sound.

Redcathie

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 22, 16 3:04 PM
Astra02

A Moose Once Bit My Sister

Thanks for the chuckle

posted in Midnight Castle on May 15, 16 3:30 PM
Hi Shelley, He/She is one of my friends too and it looks like the list has been taken down for the moment. One of my other friends did that for awhile while she was travelling and she sent gifts fairly often during that period. I guess whenever wifi was available.

My guess is probably not an issue but you are wise to ask.

Redcathie

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 24, 16 8:58 AM
It gets better! So far I have received two of the new Exclusive Food as extra gifts when crafting Simple Food. I like doing the daily quests so I craft food quite often and I find it always pays me well to craft the Simple.

Good luck!
Redcathie

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 24, 16 6:26 AM
AAAAAAHHHHH! I just saw this post so I decided to look at the dice game and low and behold the circle by the dragon was empty. I took a chance and on my first throw I WON THE LITTLE FIRE DRAGON!!!!

Who says this update is icky? Not me!!! I'm really enjoying the change up and now I got a new little pet for free!

(Please picture a happy dance here)

Redcathie

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 12, 15 6:08 AM
Good Morning, I believe she has put that note up against her name to let you and her other friends know she can't play for awhile because her PC is in the shop for repairs. Hopefully she will be back in the game soon.

Cheers

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 29, 15 5:47 PM
Hello! What's it like to be rich in Castle terms? It's easy to use the eggs to craft pets if you have all the items needed to craft. Just tap on the crafting button at the bottom of your screen (looks like lab instrument stuff). Once you are there select the Pets tab at the top of the screen and start checking out the various items (pets) you can craft. If you have all the necessary components you are golden! If not start saving up.

Cheers and have fun
Redcathie

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 11, 15 6:32 AM
Hi Sushieq, I believe this is the one where "they guy in the black robes" wants you to give him bags of food - not feed pets.

It confused me at the time too because it was a totally new type of request.

Try saving up the (I think it was) 10 bags of food and then giving it to him. That should do the trick.

Cheers
Redcathie

posted in Midnight Calling: Anabel Collector's Edition on Sep 20, 15 5:15 AM
Hi BlazeDuskdreamer, I have been buying BF games for about 3 years now. I save up my monthly credits until there is a 2 for 1 sale then I buy two CEs that I have been waiting for at once for 2 credits total which gets me a free credit for a regular game that I can select any time before the coupon expires.

It just takes a bit of patience and planning which you have already shown you are good at

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 12, 15 2:43 PM
deeziner. You are funny As far as I am concerned you can "squee" anytime

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 30, 15 7:24 AM
sbaker2318. I apologize if I'm explaining something you and everybody else has understood forever (again, I can be a bit slow to come to things sometimes) but I have recently realized that the pet medallions can be used to craft really cheap but useful items during the daily quests when I don't have a need to craft anything for a mainline quest (which I think of as a twofer).

I really like doing the daily quests - I know a lot of people don't and that is strictly a matter of personal taste and game play preference. I find that when I need to craft something during the daily I can craft a bag of simple food for 200 coins and 15 pet medallions. Often the gift circle spinners also give me back most of or more than my 200 coins or a second bag of food, not always simple food either. Even if I get back a wand or a crystal ball I always sell those so I really feel I am ahead of the game.

Now I feel really silly for selling all the pet medallions I did awhile back. I must have sold off 200 one day. I could really use them now while I'm doing the rounds and the daily quests waiting for the next update

Just my two cents
Redcathie

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 30, 15 6:51 AM
Hi ckaJohnK, What device are you playing on? I am on an iPad and I've never noticed an empty circle and yet I have been able to complete level 65 so I must have picked up the needed item elsewhere. I'm just wondering if the empty circle is unique to some other version of the game like PC or Android. (Or perhaps I have looked directly at an empty circle and failed to notice it. I tend to be like that at times.)

Many thanks
Redcathie

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 29, 15 11:47 AM
Hi, I remember this one and boy it threw me off too. In this quest you are not being asked to feed pets. Norman wants you to give him 10 bags of food. Once you have 10 bags of simple food built up the quest can complete.

I really resented this one because I "used" 10 food and got to keep nothing in return unlike the feeding of pets during the daily quest.

Bit of a spoiler here but get ready to meet a couple more quests of this "grasping" nature in the next few levels.

Hope this helps!
Redcathie

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 28, 15 6:51 AM
Hello, Just my two cents worth but I find the daily quests (whether repetitive or not) break up the monotony of going around and around the castle without a mainline quest available to follow or in addition to a mainline quest. I've never really been bothered about the idea that the daily quests "use up" inventory, cash etc because no matter what you open, craft or obtain through a pet feeding you get to KEEP it, unlike the mainline quests that take your inventory, cash or diamonds as well as the item crafted or found in a ZZ. If I get to a point in a daily quest where I feel the benefits of the gift or prize aren't worth the items requested I just stop and wait for a new one to be available the next day. I generally find that once I get and complete a big daily quest (a ten parter) I am more likely to get a big daily the next day but if I fail to complete a big one the daily that pops up the next day is more likely to be a three or five parter. I think the game takes pity on you if you seem to find a ten parter too hard and drops down to an easier one but if you seem to be proving to the game that you can handle a ten parter you stay there and if you demonstrate that the three parters are easy you move to a five and likewise from a five to a ten.

I do acknowledge that the "find path" does not work on the daily quests (I don't believe it was ever meant to) and therefore if I can't find an item I don't have quickly through a HOS search I weigh the value of the diamonds to be spent against the prize to be won. Sometime 3 diamonds are really worth the 100 coins, 3 pet medallions and the extra inventory item. Other times the diamonds required to get the prize are just too many to be worth it.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 31, 15 9:47 AM
Equally frustrated as everyone else by losing progress for two of the 10,000 coin items I had scrimped saved and sold items to achieve.

I was about to give up on the game until the next update when I lost my progress over achieving the "Mystic Fountain" two days ago. Imagine my surprise when I checked in to get my daily bonus today and discovered the Mystic Fountain has come back for me!!

I don't know what caused this to occur and I swear the achievement was lost but I would suggest checking back every now and again to see if a lost achievement is magically restored.

Hope this helps

Just a quick addition. Clearing the game out of memory (the double click on the home button of the ipad and flicking the game icon up) does not ensure a save. I am an IT professional and personally I believe the progress is being saved on the games servers (not the ipad) and that is where the problem lies. Just my two cents worth.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Oct 20, 14 12:30 PM
Oh dear, I've been playing the Halloween stuff since the (I think) 15th. The same game as last year. I really hope I haven't lost anything. Since we now have to be connected to the BF server to play I won't know until I get home tonight.

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 6, 14 10:01 AM
I keep trying by accident. I also play Found and it has had this feature from the beginning. I think a lot of people will find this useful!

Cheers
Redcathie

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 6, 14 7:16 AM
Good News!! With this new update iPad users can now use the two finger motions to magnify and then reduce the size of the hidden object screens. Makes life much easier for finding those one two little objects hidden so well.

Cheers
Redcathie

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 7, 14 12:55 PM
Hi, this us an interesting game in that it tends to give you what you need to proceed on the main game path. Personally I believe this is what has lead to all the expressed anger about a supposedly "broken" find path. When you need an item to progress on the main path following "find" tends to get it for you.

But I digress. It has been my personal experience that when I have a main game path quest that requires unique stamps they tend to pop up more frequently in the HOS and also from the airship. I never seem to get too far ahead on them but then never too far behind either.

I did learn one lesson which is not to blow them out crafting unneeded items when the daily quests want me to craft 3 or 5 items. There are many lower cost items to craft if I want to do those in a hurry.

So, don't despair. Just play a few rounds of HOS and build up the coins and other goodies as you go. The unique stamps will come.

Cheers

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 29, 14 7:39 AM
Oh blush blush

To be honest I gave up on plain stamp only trades. Several of my friends tend to keep one or more packing crate items on their list and I cheerfully gift those as I have lots and lots of them. I think one friend is happy to send me a plain stamp daily to get a thank you card but keeps pricier items on his list so I rarely gift back ( I was honest about my intentions)

Anyway we are limited to gifting 5 times daily so having a few friends willing to keep the cheaper and plentiful items on their list suits me fine.

I think I may reconsider my other common strategy though which is to sell large numbers of stamps when I am coin poor. Good point made that I may regret that in a future upgrade.

Cheers
Redcathie

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator