posted in Jodie Drake and the World in Peril on Jan 16, 11 5:59 AM
The game won't start up for me either, I get the following message:

"Error while unpacking program, code 2. Please report to author."

Cheers,
Silver

posted in Downtown Secrets on Nov 6, 10 7:32 AM
petersenjj wrote:Hi ,
as i got the problem with a black screen ( 21 " widescreen )but sound
i downloaded the game from an other site.
Had the same problem but found a readme file in the installation folder.

[removed by moderator]

I think this explaines all your problems.

juergen

Now that is very useful information indeed, thanx Juergen ! Not only do I have an NVIDIA, I also use Firefox 3.6.12 and always have it open when I'm playing BF games. Will look into it and report back...

Once again, my heartfelt thanx !

Cheers,
Silver

posted in Downtown Secrets on Nov 5, 10 6:55 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies,

I can see that a number of you are having troubles with a screen flicker or a black screen. Please check to see if an update to your system will resolve this issue - here is a help article to help you with these steps:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

Silverwing86, that specific error message usually appears when a live security scan is running while you're downloading the game, so you may want to try to turn off your live scans temporarily. Here's a help article with more information (look for "Temporarily disable/turn off running programs" at the bottom of the article):

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=536">Problem Downloading or Installation Failed</a>

If you're continuing to have troubles, please get in touch with a Tech rep by clicking on the green envelope to the right. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

Hi bfgArnoStyx,

Thanx very much for your reply and suggestions, but despite turning all my security software off completely (Comodo Firewall, Avast; Windows Firewall is not in use), I still get the same message. I will try contacting a Tech Rep to see if there's anything else that can be done.

Cheers,
Silver

posted in Downtown Secrets on Nov 5, 10 6:13 AM
Well, that's dissapointing, no go for me either ! When I tried to start the game from Game Manager, this is the message I got:

"Error while unpacking program, code 2. Please report to author."

Uninstalled and re-downloaded/installed again, but exact same result.

Anyone got any ideas/suggestions ?

Thanx !

Cheers,
Silver

posted in Rainblood: Town of Death on Oct 6, 10 5:07 AM
Add me to the list as well !

Cheers,
Silver

posted in Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower on Aug 20, 10 6:18 AM
Ummm, there is one actually (I love making wishes come true !), you can find it here: http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/enlightenus-ii-the-timeless-tower-walkthrough/.

Good luck !

Cheers,
Silver

posted in Secrets of the Dragon Wheel on Jul 13, 10 9:18 AM
Same as BillTheOne for me (aren't we lucky , we seem to be amongst the few who could actually get this game to play without issues !), no issues running the demo, bought and installed, working A-okay ! Cool game !

Just out of interest BillTheOne; did you finish the game and if so, how did you manage to shoot out the couplings to the caboose ??

Cheers,
Silver

Edited to add: just figured it out.... duh !

posted in Secrets of the Dragon Wheel on Jul 13, 10 9:12 AM
In case it makes any difference; I had no issues running or playing this game (WinXP - SP3), except for a wierd glitch at the old lady's cabin (this was after I bought it), where the scroll kept hovering around for no apparent reason . Quit the game, restarted and it was gone, all was back to normal again. Great game by the way !

Cheers,
Silver

posted in Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole on Jul 2, 10 8:03 AM
Same problem here, Avast didn't like it:

3-07-2010 02:44:41 SYSTEM 1308 Sign of "Win32 kiMorph [Cryp]" has been found in "C:\Games\BigFish\Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole\Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole.exe\[Armadillo]" file.

Reported as False Positive and told Avast to take "No Action". Installation did complete, but the game won't start up. Hope this is sorted very soon !

Cheers,
Silver

posted in The History Channel Lost Worlds on May 16, 10 9:33 AM
I have Windows XP and can't run this game either, it simply doesn't show up, even though, according to the Windows Task Manager, the process does seem to be running. Any suggestions ?

Cheers,
Silver

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator