Posts created by hellionwheels

posted in Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse on Jun 5, 13 11:26 PM
tinatoerat wrote:I am in the same situation. I am playing the iPad version of the game and can't progress. I have 14/15 mirror shards. I have cleared all areas except for the study, the reflection room and the hallway with the marble game. I need a mirror shard and a yellow marble.

The study is uncleared with the desk area glittering. When I select it the book about greystone castle shows. I have already opened the globe, got the red key and moved past the door that it opens.

The walkthrough offers no guidance. I don't feel up to starting again just to double-check where the mirror piece should come from.

I have the same problem on my iPad - soooooo frustrated!!!

posted in Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse on Jun 5, 13 11:22 PM
tinatoerat wrote:I am in the same situation. I am playing the iPad version of the game and can't progress. I have 14/15 mirror shards. I have cleared all areas except for the study, the reflection room and the hallway with the marble game. I need a mirror shard and a yellow marble.

The study is uncleared with the desk area glittering. When I select it the book about greystone castle shows. I have already opened the globe, got the red key and moved past the door that it opens.

The walkthrough offers no guidance. I don't feel up to starting again just to double-check where the mirror piece should come from.

I have the same problem on my iPad - soooooo frustrated!!!

Ahhh - one of the other posts mentions smashing the ship (in the background of the study, on the fireplace, behind the sparkly area) to get the 15th king mirror shard ... IT WORKS!!!

posted in Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial on Apr 20, 12 9:39 PM
I placed the medallion in the planchette before lighting the candles in the voodoo shop ouija (sp?) board scene and now I can't get the planchette to move... any suggestions? thanks

ahhh - just figured out that I was missing the piece from the pharmacy and needed to make the acid, melt the lock, etc. first!

hellionwheels wrote:
hixon1591 wrote:It looks like I did the steps out of order. I opened the window with the hook before going to the crypt and they took the hook away so I can't get the wrench. What do I do??

I have the same issue as Hixon above with using the hook too soon. is there a solution to not having (or being able to obtain) the wrench? how do I get through the city gate?

Ahh - I figured it out. it is a different hook that you pick up later in the crypt.

hixon1591 wrote:It looks like I did the steps out of order. I opened the window with the hook before going to the crypt and they took the hook away so I can't get the wrench. What do I do??

I have the same issue as Hixon above with using the hook too soon. is there a solution to not having (or being able to obtain) the wrench? how do I get through the city gate?

posted in Alice in Wonderland on Jul 12, 10 9:43 PM
Re:Continuing to test reported difficulty with Alice in Wonderland

by hydrogibbon on Mar 29, 10 1:48 PM
I am having the same problem with the sundial as others. I picked up one piece in the garden before I got to the sundial. It went into my inventory and will not merge with the rest of the pieces. Is there anything we can do to get these pieces to merge so we can continue with the game without starting over?

I am having this same difficulty. The music stops and the hints send me between the garden and the birdcages, but no pieces appear and i cannot do anything. is there a solution other than starting over? thanks

posted in Dream Chronicles on May 25, 10 5:31 AM
ahh... redid the chapter and when I put the final picture in the door was available... phew!

posted in Dream Chronicles on May 25, 10 5:10 AM
i'm with sheaton; in the mansion, have all 8 pictures up and no door (that I can see). the wall is glimmering. am i supposed to click on the pictures in a certain order to make the door appear?

posted in The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon on May 20, 10 5:29 PM
Unfortunately, I purchased this game, though at a discount on the Sunday SuperMom deal. I am perhaps a third of the way through and (horrors!) bored.
Having just finished Return to Ravenearst probably makes the situation worse; that game is fabulous and just the right amount of "satisfying vs. frustrating" to make even reading the forum stuff really amusing.
This one is extremely disappointing. there is no apparent flow and some of the repetitive scenes, like the train station, were irritating to the point of eyestrain/headache. I may not even finish it...

I'll be very careful before I purchase another from Artogon (sp?)

posted in Doors of the Mind: Inner Mysteries on Apr 23, 10 11:25 PM
Agree - enjoyed what there was, but this was not worth the price.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace ™ on Dec 21, 09 8:18 PM
thank you for the clue about where to put the birdfeeder! love this game, and love the posts... h'wheels

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator