Posts created by _Les

posted in Secrets of Magic: The Book of Spells on Feb 1, 17 8:57 AM
This game is out, and the developer told me that it was submitted to bf. When do you plan on releasing the game.

Thanks much,
Les

posted in Silver Tale on Nov 11, 16 8:29 AM
Romancechick wrote:The game won't load at all. I have played it and really loved it but suddenly, one day, I clicked on it to play, the screen went to black (which it normally did and stayed that way long enough, even when it was working, that I would wonder if I had actually started it or not). Now it never loads. I have had the computer go to sleep and had to reboot and still the game doesn't load. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but nothing changes. I have played a few other BFG games to make sure it wasn't something with the games in general, but no. Everything else seems to work. I loved Silver Tale and it is annoying that now I can't play it at all, so that money is gone.

Windows 10 (which isn't an issue with anything else)

Nancy

Many (most) of the problems are due to corrupt save files. Check my post on saving old save files. If I get up the energy, I will report this to bf.

posted in Silver Tale on Nov 6, 16 9:19 AM
As I stated on a previous post, many of the problems seem to be he result of corrupt save files.My previous post has a "work around" for this problem.

posted in Silver Tale on Nov 5, 16 9:08 AM
I am running the game on latest win 10 update. While on level 90 in casual mode, I exited the game. I have quit in the middle of a level multiple times before with no problems. When I returned to the game everything looked and acted fine with one minor problem. The main part of the game was completely blank. I tried multiple restarts and reinstalls with the same results.

I found the corrupted save file:

( c:\users\"my user name"\AppData\Roaming\SilverTale\save.die).

I moved it elsewhere and restarted the program. It started up with a new save file at level one. So I am running through the levels right from the beginning. For some reason, its going faster this time around. I am saving a copy of two sessions of the save file after each of my sessions running the program, so if the file is corrupted again, I can recover with little loss.

I have the corrupt save file if bf wants a copy of it.

posted in Silver Tale on Oct 11, 16 11:11 AM
Thanks for your response Addict. I have run out of moves many times, and the option to use the boots powerup was presented to me at that time. This does not seem to be consistent.

posted in Silver Tale on Oct 10, 16 2:13 PM
Silver Tale is now my favorite M3 game (and one of my all time bf favorites). I just finished level 38 in relaxed mode (some times not so relaxed since there are a fixed number of moves). I have the gold ribbon for all the levels but this one. Oddly, the game just said I was finished before I got all the grass, etc. None of the other levels forced a finish. I have the extra moves boot, so that is not the problem. What am I missing?

posted in Silver Tale on Sep 26, 16 1:52 PM
Silver Tale is now my favorite M3 game (and one of my all time favorites). I just finished level 38 in relaxed mode (some times not so relaxed since there are a fixed number of moves). I have the gold ribbon for all the levels but this one. Oddly, the game just said I was finished before I got all the grass, etc. None of the other levels forced a finish. I have the extra moves boot, so that is not the problem. What am I missing?

posted in World Mosaics Chroma on Sep 11, 16 7:58 PM
I entered the game, it hung up on the usual screen. I minimized the window, and reopened it. The arrow appeared. I entered as a guest, and it worked.

posted in Sylia - Act 1 on Sep 11, 16 7:43 PM
When I started Sylia - Act 1 for the first time, it told me that the program requires a security key. How do I get that?

posted in World Mosaics Chroma on Sep 10, 16 12:03 PM
Game freezes on the startup screen. Seems like the same problem as the original post.

posted in Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip on Jun 30, 16 8:47 AM
Valkara wrote:You can cut down on guessing by buying more advanced hints that will help. This is also an interesting feature of this game and adds a strategy element: Do you spend your money on decorative items or game advantages? You get to decide.

The point I was trying to make, is that one should be able to solve the puzzle without depending on hints or guessing. Other mosaics games do that. I guess that I am a purest about puzzles of this type. I do, however, enjoy playing the game, and save using hints as a very last resort.

cheers,
Les

posted in Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip on May 17, 16 8:20 PM
Umm. I wasn't asking for hints. I was just explaining that one has to guess sometimes. I thought that was a review of a feature of the game.

Update: When I originally posted, I did not really understand the game. I did not realize that one can change colors at will.

Update #2: Now that I have been playing for awhile, see that some puzzles still cannot be solved without using the help. In my opinion a mosaics games should be completely solvable using logic. I am still playing it, but I am a little bit disappointed.

posted in Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip on May 17, 16 8:23 AM
Running on Win 10. Game crashed in the middle of a puzzle. Sorry that I have no more info.

posted in Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip on May 17, 16 8:18 AM
I like the new twist of completing each puzzle in stages, but I have a couple of beefs. I have been playing mosaics type games for some time, and I like the puzzle to be completed without guessing. I have only been playing for about a half hour and I have already run into a few areas which are impossible to complete without guessing. I would appreciate comments from others on my point. The second beef is that the game just quit in the middle of a puzzle.

Update: When I originally posted, I did not really understand the game. I did not realize that one can change colors at will. Because of my belated understanding of the game, I heartily recommend this game.

Cheers

posted in Aveyond 4: Shadow of the Mist on Apr 5, 16 7:49 AM
Thanks much! I forgot about the broomstick.

posted in Aveyond 4: Shadow of the Mist on Apr 4, 16 6:45 PM
I am fairly deep into the game, and I have to get back to Wyrmwood to make a potion. I feel like an idiot, because I can't find it.

Help!

posted in Aveyond 4: Shadow of the Mist on Mar 23, 16 9:03 AM
I found two building with signs that look like lanterns. One of them is locked, and the resident of the other wants to sell some kind of dust.

Are these the wrong buildings? What am I doing wrong?

posted in Royal Envoy on Aug 25, 15 7:52 AM
Win 10. Royal Envoy gives "Unknown Error." Game quits.

Please note that this is the second game (Ancient Quest of Saqqarah) that does not work on Win 10. I am sure there are more. I would hope that Big Fish would lean on developers to update their games.

posted in Ancient Quest of Saqqarah on Aug 24, 15 8:40 AM
I have the same problem. Starts up; shows black screen; thinks it is working. I clicked in random place, and the game takes some action.

posted in Avalon Legends Solitaire 2 on Jun 22, 15 2:45 PM
Game continues to crash at different places.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator