Posts created by b00kworm

posted in Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition on Jul 19, 14 2:48 PM
The walkthrough is the same as in the CE ... where it was provided by a third party I will not name here, because of Forum rules.

posted in Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 13 3:13 AM
I'm just glad I got the game with another CE for 2.99 today ... anyway.

Turning Azada into a HOG series is exactly what I have always feared most. And by giving it to ERS, that was probably no longer avoidable. I have played and enjoyed some ERS games, even lately, but overall, they are too much 'same-same' for me.

I loved the first and second Azada and really enjoy playing and replaying them. The third, despite being by ERS, wasn't that bad, as they proved they could do a game without HOG scenes. It was some sort of adventure light and it was good enough to play. I only got the SE of it and couldn't shake of the feeling the story wasn't complete - something I hate in games. If you make a CE with bonus gameplay, don't make the gameplay necessary to complete the story, please.

Now about this one: the pet is cute, but I wonder if it's really necessary. There has been a trend of cute critters that help you lately (such as in 9 - The Dark Side: Notre Dame or Dreamscapes). But what is cute once or twice, gets more and more boring each time it's used again. Especially as so far I can't tell where it actually fuses with the story.
HOG scenes do not belong into an Azada game. Period. Azada is supposed to be a puzzle series, not a HOG one. ERS has put out enough HOG series so far, why not just make a new one and keep Azada a puzzle/adventure game?
Strangely enough, my computer produces widescreen with this game, even though it's stretched a bit. Graphics are ERS style, which is nice, but not more, not these days. Everything looks a bit washed out to me, but that might be the effect of the widescreen stretching.
No comment on sounds here, as I always play with them off.
Puzzles don't seem too hard to me, but then, I haven't played that far right now. I will probably finish the game later today (I've yet to find a HOG game that keeps me occupied for more than five or six hours overall).

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Aug 30, 12 3:07 AM
I'm always happy with IHOGs without HOS ... or few of them. For today's lower price and a game that looks like it could be fun, I will ignore my 'opposite taste as Valdy' rule and buy this one to play at my leisure.

It's interesting to see ERS now seems to be making IHOGs without any Hidden Objects once in a while, which makes the games adventures light, a genre that could do with more actualy games.

As always, the graphics are great here, but that is what we've all come to expect from ERS. I don't care much for live actors, but they are tolerable in this game. The SG, I guess, is just for the demo, so only shows as far as you can go there. I don't think the whole game will only have two chapters, that would not fit with ERS games at all.

ERS always gives the impression each of their games is just the beginning of a new series, so until the next installment of Gothic Fiction turns up at the portals, I will treat this one as a solitary game.

posted in Monument Builders: Statue of Liberty on Aug 29, 12 9:22 AM
I'm all for Neuschwanstein!

And even though it's the same mechanism, graphics have gotten better and the games still grab me.

posted in Monument Builders: Statue of Liberty on Aug 29, 12 1:55 AM
I have bought the game, both because I liked the first two installments of the series and because Valdy doesn't like it - I know my taste is just opposite to hers, so whatever game she doesn't like must be a great one to play.

I re-installed the game today to play it again and suddenly I can't access the guide (or other extras) any longer. The game claims I need the newest flash player, which I have installed.

posted in Diner Dash 5: Boom Collector's Edition on Sep 6, 11 4:14 AM
I re-downloaded the game today, to play it again, but can't access the guide any longer ... I have the latest Flash Player installed, but the game doesn't recognize it.

Considering things I read before the game came out, (spoiler, highlight to read) SG might stand for the Count of Saint Germain, a mysterious figure who claimed to have cheated death various times and have lived over 150 years.

Hope this helps.

The right code should be in your diary, once you found it (and the bag's former owner). You need the code and the last button, if you have both, you should be able to open the bag.

posted in Twisted: A Haunted Carol on Dec 8, 10 6:28 AM
bella81762 wrote:sometimes the trail version is glitch free and you dont know till you buy that the game cant be played

Not the case with this game, bella. The trial version you download is the size of the full game (no additional download). The only thing that is done after you have bought the game is a full activation, so you're no longer limited to one hour of gameplay. Any glitches exerienced in the game (I've finished, but expected none) should have been in the trial, too.

posted in Dream Day True Love on Dec 6, 10 7:36 AM
What Mapsman said, but you need to be a bit swift with the stick, because otherwise the window will close again.

The ants are in the understage, only the jar is in the spy booth. Go down the ladder there into the next room (the one with the standing sarcophagus) and zoom in to the hole in the floor. There you'll find the ants and can collect them with the jar.

One board can be found in a HOG scene in Sir Henry's room, the other is right underneath the stairs in Sir Charles' room.

posted in Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera on Nov 26, 10 11:23 AM
Mask, there is an ending, just not a happy one. Some games (just as movies or novels) have them.

posted in Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera on Nov 24, 10 12:57 PM
The statue of Horus you also need can be found in a HOG scene in the orchestra pit which can also be accessed from the understage area.

posted in Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera on Nov 23, 10 10:53 AM
There is, basically, no way not to pay with a credit, if you have one.

But don't worry about the four jars, you'll need them later on.

posted in Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera on Nov 22, 10 11:54 AM
You need to 'back out' of the elevator when it stops at the bottom (wall behind the door in front of you). Just move the mouse to the bottom of the screen and you will see a downwards arrow.

posted in Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera on Nov 22, 10 1:19 AM
It's not, you're not opening it in the CE, either. It's merely a red herring.

posted in Avenue Flo: Special Delivery on Nov 21, 10 10:11 AM
You'll find the badge in the subway station and one of the customers in Darla's café (where you did the serving mini-game to get your dollars ironed) has the 33.

Did you accept doing the tutorial and not skip any of the hints and explanation? That's what you need to do for the tutorial award.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator