Posts created by bootsky

posted in The Ultimate Christmas Puzzler on Dec 25, 13 10:36 AM
I bought this game after playing about 1/2 hour of the demo. Mainly because it is entertaining & I don't always have the time for a longer game.
I have bought previous Christmas games from BFG but I found this one to be much more entertaining & easy to come back to.

posted in Puzzle Quest on Feb 10, 13 3:42 PM
This has to be one of the best value for money games I have ever bought! I played a bit under one profile & then changed to another.....Honestly there seems to be no end to the fighting, upgrades, and so on that you can do on this game. It is so addictive, & I have totally lost one of the "people" that I am supposed to be working with!~ LOL Just give this game a try...you'll be hooked!

posted in Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition on Sep 7, 12 6:30 AM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!I was so disappointed with the ending I expected a nice fairy tale ending....you know, they all lived happily ever after! I hope they do another game just so we can get Sophie out of the clutches of the pirates. I was pleased to see I was not the only one that felt this way.

posted in Antique Mysteries: Secrets of Howard's Mansion on Jul 4, 12 12:45 PM
I liked this game......I bought it after 45 mins of play.....just a light hearted romp through a mansion...no creepy things jumping out, no blood etc. I liked the auctions too which break up the story but only if you want to play them.
Very entertaining...thanks

posted in Big City Adventure: London Story on Jan 29, 12 12:17 PM
Oh what a thrill 2 games to choose from & I will be buying both!!!!
Nice relaxing, light, bright & not a ghost in sight LOL
Too easy (as I said in the other games' review) for many but if you want a pleasant game for a Sunday afternoon you now have 2 to choose from....but if you're like me you will buy both just because!

posted in Big City Adventure: London Classic on Jan 29, 12 12:12 PM
YAY!!!! It's finally here....a nice light, fun game in the Big City series. Probably too easy for many but I love these for a relaxing Sunday afternoon. Fun facts, different mini-games(unless you've played the series in which case they are the familiar jig-saw puzzle, the mah-jong, etc)
Thanks BFG for making my Sunday

posted in Tulula: Legend of a Volcano on Jan 6, 12 12:55 PM
This is such a delightful game you can just wile away the hours with the light hearted music & the wonderful colours....no scary things in this game that's for sure & if you're a TM lover at least you get to re-build the village!
A real pleasure!

I have been waiting anxiously for this game...played 15 minutes & bought it excellent graphics, great story again, love these games way to go BoomZap!!!
I can't wait to continue!

boots

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings on Nov 1, 11 12:30 PM
I have played two paintings so far & I'm totally hooked, the graphics are great & the story is interesting. The little fairies house was just so cool made me feel like a kid again!
I for one am enjoying the game!
boots

posted in 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour on Oct 26, 11 12:25 PM
When this was on offer the other day I thought it was the one I just bought a few weeks ago...glad I checked it out today...I now own them ALL & they do not disappoint. Always a little different, those cute characters at the bottom keep you entertained.
Another Excellent game!

posted in 4 Elements II on Oct 26, 11 10:53 AM
I saw a lot of you are stuck on the slider puzzles.....you CAN bypass ALL the slider puzzles except the very last one.I did this since I kept getting stuck on them myself, so I tried to keep my power ups ready to "attack" at all times

The pipes....you HAVE to use ALL the pipes every time you cannot miss any out they all have to connect

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Oct 25, 11 12:35 PM
Just finished the demo & bought straight away. This is a hoot! For anyone that has played IPLAY games before you will recognize the female vampire's voice immediately...

Although most of it is in the dark it's not really eerie & this guy that has popped up twice now is a real laugh & for a cartoony character he is quite cute! LOL
Looking forward to continuing this game, for a change!

posted in 4 Elements II on Oct 24, 11 12:51 PM
I just finished this game what an absolute blast it was! It took me 14hours & 46 minutes to finish....Excellent game from beginning to end!

posted in Bali Quest on Oct 23, 11 7:39 AM
I was really looking forward to trying this game I expected something along the lines of 4 Elements(1&2) or 7 Wonders(all 3)....Boy was I disappointed.
It ran jerky & unresponsive...the graphics were uninteresting as was the story!
Sorry I cannot find a decent thing to say about the game!
Boots

posted in 4 Elements II on Sep 30, 11 10:10 AM
Bought without demoing because I LOVED the first one and in my opinion this one is even BETTER!!!
I like it when your name is included as part of the story: " Hello boots glad you came back to the game to help us...." stuff like that is just a little thing but such a pleasant plus!
So far, (I think I'm on Level 12 now) there has been HOG's, FROG's, pipes, blocks, spinny things, spot the difference & the list I'm sure goes on.
Well worth the money spent; lots of levels, interesting story, terrific graphics and I usually only buy IHOG's or in that kind of genre!

EXCELLENT GAME!!!

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition on Aug 25, 11 1:05 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the demo & it will be a buy. I have a widescreen & it fills it, & the graphics are lovely, clear & pretty I just love these games. I think I skipped one puzzle but that's 'cos I wanted to get as much of the story as possible in the hour! The puzzles are very different so that makes a big difference.
I love the owl!!
All in all
boots

posted in Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse on Aug 20, 11 9:34 AM
Well although I did not find it hilarious I did find it light hearted & the puzzles were just hard enough to keep the game moving along!
It also is in the daylight which is a bonus, although I enjoy a lot of the IHOG's that are dark & mysterious it makes a nice change to have one in the daytime.
I must say I found grandma a little grumpy but I guess she has a town to save! LOL
The hour demo went past extremely quickly which is always a good indication that I will be buying the full game!
It's from me.
boots

I am still in the midst of playing this game but I just had to say: this has the best notebook/journal I've ever known in an IHOG I have only used the SG once & that was when I went back to the game after weeks!
Thanks devs for finally making a comprehensive notebook

Finished this game yesterday, what a wonderful game! Terrific quality, I hardly had to use the SG because as I said previously the notebook was so comprehensive!
The bonus game was a nice little game, but the quality was nowhere near the quality of the main game & as far as I was concerned it had nothing whatsoever to do with the main game. IMO
boots

posted in 7 Wonders: Treasures of Seven on Aug 8, 11 6:43 AM
I have TWO other 7 Wonders games & I had not seen this one before anyway I played part of the demo & bought it.
It is one of those M3's that you have to turn the block around.
The graphics, music etc are light.
Like the other 2 games you have the little fella's at the bottom cheering you on & when you complete a level they all cheer & jump around. I just feel I need this kind of thing at the moment. A change from the IHOG's I normally enjoy.

boots

posted in Triazzle Island on Aug 8, 11 6:37 AM
I enjoyed the fact that this seems to be a totally differnt kind of puzzle game, at least to me. (You get mini-games similar in IHOG's)
It's very upbeat, sunny & cute...something kind of mindless that I need right now, no deep dark mystery that I have to solve.
Just one more month & I will be happy to get back to IHOG's but right now light & breezy is required!
boots

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator