Posts created by Myhashen

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 18 9:47 AM
There already seems to be problems with BF. I tried to re-install one of my old games to play for a change, and it will not install. Tried several times. Nothing. Will contact CS, but I'm already leery of this.

I've seen this too often. Remember the movie Pretty Woman? The Richard Gere character is a corporate raider - buys companies, strips the assets, and shuts down the company for good. My DH worked for a major company that got bought out, and you can guess what happened. Yup. Destroyed a company that had been a major player internationally with highly superior products. Now, after several years under the new ownership company, they make a product so inferior that the sales people can hardly sell it. All local office people "downsized", including my DH who was IT over the entire middle U.S. Plant production at largest local plant less than half what it was before they were bought out by this new owner. Many other plants closed completely. Hoping that isn't what happens to BF, but I won't be surprised.

I have been a member of BF, paying the monthly fee for years, and I have a good many credits that I haven't used because I haven't liked any of the newer games enough to play past the trial. Now I'm wondering if I'll ever get to use them at all. Also wondering whether I should just cancel my membership. I'm pretty sure that I'll at least give it a few months to see what happens. I'm willing to give anyone a chance, even if they already seem to be a problem child.

As a sidebar, I think that s..popaddict should be allowed to post here. Who knows if he/she plays MC or not? I don't play MC under my forum name, and he/she might not play under his/her either. Playing MC as ShaSha

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 18 9:29 PM
FB is not really a good place for anything much except random social contacts. For instance, I maintain contact with my cousins in Florida, Texas, and Portugal (I live in US) via FB but posts appear really randomly and one must be seriously careful with personal information on FB and all social media.

I cannot imagine how we will find new friends now when old ones are gone. Maybe the Delphi or Pond connections will work for that. I've had a couple of times that I didn't get a notice from BF that there was an update and hadn't been on forum. Got around to searching for it when I noticed issues with friends, HOS, etc. Again, maybe the Delphi or Pond will help with that also.

I am truly unhappy that the new owners of BF have decided to do away with the forum. Why buy something that works really well (wouldn't buy it if not, right?) and then start messing with it. As I once heard on TV, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Unless the new company is playing "Corporate Raider", of course, in which case they won't CARE if it works or if players are unhappy. Gee, can you tell that I'm not thrilled with this? ShaSha

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 18 9:11 PM
Wow! Oregon to Texas will be a big culture shock AND temperature shock for you. Texas in mid summer is not a joke. Not as bad as Arizona, but seriously hot. (I happen to have summer experience with both!) Be sure to put a fresh bottle of cool or cold water in your car every time you start somewhere. Drink lots of water at home and at work. Keep your home air conditioner filters changed and/or cleaned regularly and your car serviced in summer. The South is beautiful, but hot in summer. You'll enjoy the climate a LOT in winter. People are kind and courteous in most places. Dallas drivers are great and courteous and will almost always be helpful to other drivers - except on the freeway/interstate. Not sure about other areas of Texas. Y'all is a contraction for "you all" and always plural.

Welcome to the South! Hope your life down here is awesome! ShaSha

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 18 7:01 AM
I'm really sad that this forum and the PMs are not going to be available any more. I check in to the forum several times a day, and I have enjoyed and received so much help from the comments and questions of others on here. It's such a shame, and I'll miss everyone so much. ShaSha

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 16, 18 12:06 PM
I had trouble with windows 10 when I first got it, but it has been better lately. (Hope I'm not jinxing myself!) I started having problems again a couple of months ago. My DH, who is an IT consultant, got around to checking my computer, and I had picked up a bunch of different bad thingies. (He says it's from games that hackers attach those bad guys to for ???? reason? How mean those people must be and how pitiful a person it takes to do that sort of thing to others who have done nothing to them.) Since I refuse to give up my games, he installed the malwarebytes. It does jump in on occasion when I'm doing something else, but it's lots better than the way things were before DH put it on my computer. The thing that really gripes me is the updates that windows does - WITHOUT ASKING OR WAITING UNTIL I AM READY. These usually happen right about time that I'm getting ready to play for a while. I've gone into my settings to try to change it, but it won't let me. There is an option showing to change the time for updates, but it won't let me select the change. Things could be and have been worse, so I'll just step off of this soap box and go play MC.

As another person on this forum says, "sigh. mega sigh". ShaSha

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 15, 18 12:58 PM
Jackie, I have plenty of stamps of all kinds. I have a friend who always has unique stamps on her list. She gives me something I need every day, and I give her a unique stamp every day. I play on pc, so if you are a pc player, look me up (or send me a pm) and send a friend request. I play as ShaSha.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 15, 18 8:07 AM
I've always thought those combs are filthy. Who would ever put one in their hand, much less in their hair? Not me! Will look for the tomAto (South USA)
next chance I get. ShaSha

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 13, 18 11:16 AM
Congrats to all! I'm like some of the others on this post....when on earth does one find time to play so many different games? I have trouble keeping up with just one!

Best of luck to all! ShaSha

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 10, 18 10:51 AM
NO MONSTERS, PLEASE! How about a nice beach with fish, turtles, beach umbrellas, beach chairs, picnic items, etc . One HOS could be underwater or aquarium with sea creatures, one could be sand with beach toys and furniture, and one could be picnic items. I could live there 24/7.

This cold snap we just had is ruining spring, and I am SO, SO, SO ready for spring to be fully here. A beautiful beach would be heavenly right about now.

ShaSha

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 2, 18 4:03 AM
Good luck!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 2, 18 4:02 AM
The enchanted eggs are the ones that float around the scenes during the spring event. For example, if you are at the castle gates and just sit there a moment without clicking on the belfry or the well to play the HOS, an enchanted egg will float through the scene after a few seconds. The chick egg is the one that shows a yellow baby chick. There are 6 different enchanted eggs: chick, bunny (showing a bunny), mice (showing a mouse), ladies (red or pink egg), lords (blue eggs), and creatures (green eggs).

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 28, 18 11:43 AM
Eli and 145, I would love to get some new pet parts. I've been traveling back and forth to Dallas to help my daughter and am behind. I play on pc as ShaSha, new id #649384. Thanks for any assistance that you can give, and I'll be happy to gift back anything you need that I have. ShaSha

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 26, 18 10:49 AM
I hate getting shards or coins from HOS, too. In fact, I play a lot less than I used to because it just isn't worth doing the rounds for shards and 15 measly coins.

Just putting in my 2 cents worth in case the devs are listening, although I doubt that they are. Playing as ShaSha.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 24, 18 11:17 AM
Do the HOS in your Spring Room #1 and you can put them on your wish list. I have plenty of them and am happy to give them away. Playing as ShaSha on PC.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 6, 18 4:14 PM
Praying for the best for you. Hang in there. ShaSha

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 26, 18 3:46 PM
I would love to take advantage of having a choice right now. I am playing catch-up on the cc because I had eye surgery and couldn't play for several days, and I am to the "pack 12 crates for airship" task. It would certainly be helpful to choose to pack only a few per ship so I wouldn't deplete my inventory, but I can't imagine that happening.

ShaSha

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 25, 18 8:41 AM
Sent you an invite. Had friend with player id of *LindaLarado21 which has now gone inactive. ShaSha

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 25, 18 8:29 AM
I have bought diamonds several times, and would do so again, but....as you both said, $30 is a bit steep for me. ShaSha

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 25, 18 8:25 AM
Sent you an invite, just in case. ShaSha

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 25, 18 8:22 AM
I was out for 5 days, starting Feb. 19, for eye surgery and I am working on catching up. I know I can do it because there are plenty of days left in the challenge to help me make up for the lost time. Already working on the flipping flower challenge, but have to take breaks pretty often to avoid eye strain. I'll make it! Good luck to you! ShaSha

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator