Posts created by fairieartist

posted in Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy on Jul 3, 11 8:29 AM
It's Pirates?? Cool....I thought from the title (video's don't seem to play last few days) that it was a western themed game...and I dislike those. I'm off to download the trial and check it out! Reading the previous comments, I can see where the pickings are slim for the sale, for the fishies that buy the CE's. Maybe Big Fish will read some of the comments and do better for you all next time.

posted in Love Chronicles: The Sword and The Rose on Jul 2, 11 11:06 AM
Just finished my trial and I'm off to buy, especially with this weekend's sale. Found the graphics a bit grainy, but I suppose that also adds to the difficulty in finding some of the hidden objects. Wish there were voice overs, but music is pleasant. Hoping it gets a bit more difficult as have found some of the puzzles and "things to do" somewhat easy. (I was playing on "expert mode") Looks like I got about 1/3 of the way through on the trial; so doesn't seem to be a very long game.

Yes, I agree...there isn't a lot of "fun" in the reviews forums anymore. Guess it's because some fishies complain about the chit chat and want "reviews" only. Personally, I like the humour and bit of chit chat...as it gives the reviews a bit of personality, makes it interesting and amusing to read and even more insight on peoples views of the game....kind of read between the lines, etc. SO, in my opinion....keep up the great reviews fishies!

Yikes!!! Who pee'd on your cornflakes?? Personally, I like the reviews as they have been written....entertaining along with informative...with some personality inserted. I find I get far more info from "reading between the lines" than from sterile planned reviews. Goofyduck, casual gran, melissa, and all you others....keep up the good work....I think a lot of us enjoy your reviews.

AirCoco wrote:
goofyduck77 wrote:I was all set to say things thinking it would be just like the first one. It’s not. So you’re going to either happy or sad. This is an iHOG/ADVENTURE (and not a HOPA because there are H0 scenes) and not a FROG/Adventure..... this game is more like the iHog’s we are used to, arrows, inventory, puzzles, H0 scenes, etc. Now if you didn’t like the first one because it was a FROG, then don’t pass on this one thinking it is a FROG also. If you wanted another FROG, well, then, sorry. But I like iHogs and am not huge on FROGS, so . . . I was happy it wasn’t the same.

Will you folks PLEASE speak English for those who are new or not "hip",,,,you are reviewing to a lot of people, not just your little inner circle. And two: why oh why is every review 9 posts of "I'm downloading now" or "I played the first game! yep gonna look at this one!' and "Oh this ought to be good!". Why don't the moderators move or delete posts that are NOT reviews, at least for the first page or two? It is so hard to find an actual review in the "comments and reviews". I'm only complaining about this because other sites actually have detailed, point by point reviews, according to a plain, set formula, and they're actually IN the Review section. Why do we have to read 6 pages of chit chat just to find out the basics of the game? Thank you

posted in Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition on Jun 9, 11 8:17 AM
I absolutely love vampire games, movies and books. Really enjoyed Dracula - Origin; so, from what I am reading here, this is more of a hidden object/adventure game?? How disappointing, if that is so. Will have to try the trial I guess to see if it's similar enough for me to enjoy.
There was another series of Dracula games I have played, that were adventure and really great....has anyone heard of any sequels to these? (Dracula - the last sanctuary, was one of them)
enjoy!

posted in Tearstone on Jun 1, 11 5:50 AM
Finished the game, late yesterday afternoon; and have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it and was quite entertained. I like the fact, that it was a bit different from all the other adventure and i hog games; finding objects and putting them together made one think a bit. The puzzles could have been a little bit more difficult, but all in all for a first effort of this developer...well done...keep it up.
It took me several hours off and on, all day to complete...I did take my time and didn't use any hints or the walk through. The music got to me toward the end....maybe something a little more oriented to the story line? Voice overs would have been nice, also. I thought the graphics were nicely done and not too hard on these poor old eyes. Worth trying this game, for anyone still on the fence. I'm glad I bought it. Have fun fishies.

AWESOME GAME!! One of those games, that when the trial ended you went...OH NO! The hidden object scenes are cleverly done....clearly the object, but old fashioned...you have to think of what they want found. Just spooky enough to get you in the game. Absolutely love that on the advanced mode there are no sparkles and not much hand holding....finally....thanks developers.
Unfortunately, it's a collector's edition; and I absolutely refuse to buy any more of those...up here in Canada....not worth the $. I will just have to be real patient for the SE.

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town on Apr 16, 11 7:32 AM
Just saw an update from moderator...new version that fixes the problem...are they sure??? I, for one, am getting very tired of uninstalling and installing this game and starting over, downloading all the updates that were suggested by the tech, to no avail.
[b]I suggested letting us, who already bought the game, have the CE version (which works) for all our problems. I was told they are not allowed to do that. How disappointing of BF. You would think, that is the least they could do...make us happy so we have good feelings about their customer service. There is a lot of competition out there! Personaly, I am getting to the point were the joy of playing this game is no longer there. How sad.
It has been two days, going on three of struggling with this game!

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town on Apr 15, 11 6:36 AM
I have been told by BF tech to update my video card and Direct X in order for the game to work. I have Windows Vista and keep my laptop pretty uptodate. My question is: if so many are having the same issues with this game, why are updates needed? Do we all need updates??? My solution to this SE game problem is just replace our SE with the CE that works. What do you all think?

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town on Apr 14, 11 12:25 PM
Yes, there are a lot of people that bought this version and are having issues with the curser and slow motion. From what I have read, the issues are being worked on, but it may take a few days. ???? Too bad, we can't just play the version that works?

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town on Apr 14, 11 12:19 PM
I have been disappointed in any of my CE purchases....not worth the extra $ for what you get, in my opinion. Unfortunately the SE is unplayable (bought it this morn) and that is also disappointing, after waiting soooo long for it to come out. What I wonder, is why there are so many problems with the SE versions of some of these games, that worked well as a CE??? Other than eliminating the "wall paper" or "book", "extra few min. of play", etc....why should that cause so many problems to come up in the SE's?? Maybe Big Fish should allow those that have purchased this unplayable game this morning, to play the version that works!?

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town on Apr 14, 11 12:07 PM
Same boat as the rest of you. How disappointing, after wait soooo long for this version. (I refuse to pay 14.00 US again, after being disappointed with one CE I bought.) I have contacted customer support and ran the felix diagnostics. I also suggested they let those that bought this game, unaware of the issues, to play the CE version. I'm sure that would make everyone happy... and we would be able to get on with it...lol

posted in Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel on Jan 30, 11 8:03 AM
Been waiting for this one to come out regular priced....luckily I have one more punch to fill my card. Bought Mishap 2 yesterday....what a hoot! Looking forward to playing this one; especially after reading all the great reviews....thanks fishies! Off to buy. Have a great weekend, you all.

posted in Nancy Drew: The Final Scene on Jan 2, 10 9:12 AM
OLDBAY wrote:Boy...What do we have to do to get a bite or a nibble..leftovers aren't bad once in a while....but everyday !!! I'm so disappointed in the games that have been released ...in the last few weeks , ND...ahh I always feel lost in these games , if this was out 9 yrs ago.....& you don't get to demo it ...Is it because TS ..is off .& maybe that's why they are releasing all these....reruns....duds...& leftovers....Boy,,,it's been a long time since Iv'e had any thing nice to say,,,,but i have to put my 2 cents in ,,cause ....I really hope....somebody else agrees w/ me & I hope ..is reading these reviews....hugs & kisses ....Till the next release...Let it be a good one , but won't hold my breath .....

What about Dire Grove, Murder in the Rue Morgue, Echoes of the Past, Joyville?
I thought Big Fish has brought out some fantastic games this past month.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator