Posts created by Player999

posted in Build-a-lot World on Aug 15, 14 7:25 AM
Thanks sd1951. I played this level 3 times and was becoming extremely frustrated (doesn't take much, lol,) So thank you, thank you, thank you,

posted in Vampires Vs Zombies on Jan 28, 13 10:20 AM
Saw some posts from 2012 complaining that these were unattainable awards. So as I am about to venture into Level 75, want to make sure I have covered all my bases before the game ends.

posted in Campgrounds on May 25, 12 9:50 AM
The only way to affect company scores is to get gold on a level before moving on to the next level. If you click on OK at the end of the level, but did not get gold, you cannot ever get the bonus points for your seeds and cash for that level,even if you go back later and get gold. That's why that little message comes up that says "Repeated visits to a site will not affect your company scores", or something like that. I did not realize that until I had completed level 50, and getting gold on all the later levels was pretty much impossible because you are starting off at a deficit in points. Hope this answers your question.

posted in Campgrounds on May 24, 12 1:29 PM
you start the level with. If you have clicked the OK button at the end of a level, but did not reach gold, you are not awarded bonus points (extra $$'s & seeds)for that level, even if you later go back and complete the level in gold. If you have to leave a level before you get gold, click on restart, then once the level starts, click on menu and exit out that way. For this level, because I accidently clicked OK before I had gotten Gold on a prior level, I had fewer seed points going into the level. I had to make an additional 300 seeds in order to plant 2 shrubs. I also had to build an ice cream stand once I tore down the factory.

posted in Campgrounds on May 13, 12 8:08 AM
I enjoy a good challenging time management game. But sometimes they make it just too darn hard. At some point trying to complete a level in gold time stops being enjoyable. Even with walthroughs other have posted, (and I truly do appreciate them), certain levels become extremly frustrating. I am now through level 50 with gold on all but lvl 43. But it has taken me days to get this far, and frankly I am dreading going further. Unfortunately, I am very anal, and refuse to move on unless I have gotten gold; level 43 is the exception, and at some point I will go back (as I have done many times now) to try to get gold. I don't think a game should be so hard, tricky and convoluted, that you end up hating it. OK, just me ranting, now that I have that out of my system, it's back for more punishment.

posted in Build-a-lot: On Vacation on Sep 15, 11 5:32 AM
Thanks JajsMother, That worked!!

posted in Build-a-lot: On Vacation on Sep 14, 11 12:23 PM
in the Main Campaign with Blue Ribbons. Did this happen to anyone else? Do they unlock later ?

posted in Unsolved Mystery Club ®: Ancient Astronauts ® on Aug 28, 11 2:53 PM
play afterdownloading. Nothing happens. If I click on the play icon again, it says I already have the game running.

The new Game Manager is a mess. The last one was bad enough, now this one is like a 3 step process to get it to close. Very aggravating when you need to shut down your computer quickly. What's the point, of the new manager, what did it do for your customers. Was this ,"make work" for some programmer or department ? Or did somebody have to justify their existence? A little less spending on redundant, unnecessary work.

posted in Pioneer Lands on Aug 26, 11 1:04 PM
I understand Nevosoft is a Russian game development company. If so, what an amazing job. Their attention to detail for all the artifacts, scenery, clothing etc was superb. The "home" page where you build your farm was exquisite. I'm not sure many American game deveopers could capture the American West pioneer spirit as well as these guys did. The award room itself, once full, was just chock-a-block full of stuff you could only find in antique stores and little junk stores on a country back road. I don't know if these guys spent any time in the American West, but their research was excellent.

The game play was great too. I actually played all 99 levels and would not quit until I got both gold and the award. Some levels were fairly easy, while others were just too damn hard. I like a challenge, but on a few you could not waste 1 second if you wanted to make gold w/award. There have been other TM games where after 30, 35, 40 levels the game got tedious and I had to push myself to finish. I will admit the last 10 levels took more time to complete, I don't think I ever got bored. It was just a great game.

One other note; I know some people were offended with the American Native aspect of the storyline. I understand that is a sensitive subject with a great many people. I would be among the first to raise concerns if I felt there was some exploitaion in this game. But, I felt rather the storyline offered a hope of people of all stripes working together to achieve goals.

posted in Hotel Mogul on Aug 7, 11 10:24 AM
Thanks to wylykat I was able to complete this level after 100+ tries. I built a MALL in the 2nd row 2nd space in from the left and built business hotels down the left side, 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom. By activating the mall it gave me an income boost. I was able to sell one of the hotels later to buy another B/H, sell that one and buy another, sell that one and buy the last one.

I also followed signe 28's advice at the very beginning:

Train worker
Build Business Hotel....sell it
I then built the mill so I wouldn't pay premiun $$$ on materials and workers.
Buy 2500 materials and 3 workers
Build RE Office
Buy property, workers and materials as needed and as $$$ are available.
Build another Business Hotel etc.

Thanks to both of them I finished with 1 second left in expert time.

posted in Chocolatier: Decadence by Design on Jul 30, 11 9:29 AM
mdc_too wrote:I've never played any of the Chocolatier games. Would this be too hard to start with?

No, the difficulty is about the same, maybe a little more challenging as the series progresses. However, it is a continuing story starting with the 1st game. I would suggest starting with the first Chocolatier. Great games if you like strategy and thinking games.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Jul 27, 11 12:43 PM
What a flat ending. Too many unanswered questions. I suppose if you purchased the CE version there may have been a more satisfying ending. SPOILER ALERT (highlight to read) I guess you have to assume the Mr & Mrs Lawson and Magnolia were drowned. If so, that's a little harsh and gruesome, particularly for the child. Did they really deserve to die because they were greedy and looking for treasure? What about their little dog. Yes he was a yapper and growler, but who's going to take care of him. And who's going to pay the dectectives fees, or for that matter Mary Lee and Lewis' salary...lol. What about the ship? Did it resubmerge in the swamp? Was there a treasure on it? And for that matter having accomplished all the obstacles and challenges, the detective really should have gotten something. A few dubloons (sp?) maybe. Ok maybe I want everything tied up in a neat package, just thought it was a quick ending with no follow through or wrap up.

Otherwise a delightful game.

posted in Dreamland on Jul 6, 11 6:25 AM
I got the Black (Raven) key at the Shooting Gallery, but when I went to the Symbol gate to activate it along with the other colored keys, it was no longer in my inventory. I have tried restarting the game, going back to the shooting gallery, and looking everywhere for it to no avail. I cannot proceed further in the game without activating the Symbol Gate. So unless someone can help me out here, I will have to start thefgame all over, which I really do not want to do. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

posted in Hotel Mogul: Las Vegas on Jun 4, 11 11:17 AM
Thanks ssteve for the detailed strategy. Couple of things, unfortunately I did not purchase the building protection. I got instant delivery, so cannot "shield" my buildings. The game should give you the option of changing your purchase to suit your current level strategy. Also what are point bonuses? You mention a couple of times using "point bonus" to upgrade. I can't seem to find that function at all. Is it an option you buy in the shop? In any case even following your suggestions, I have not been able to get under 10 minutes in the last half dozen tries, and expert is 7mins. Any other thoughts would be appreciated. By the way, I have gotten expert on 15 of the 18 levels I have completed, so I don't think I'm a complete wreck....LOL

posted in Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition on May 21, 11 9:42 AM
Ok found the answer I was looking for. “jramme” was also stuck at the cracked rock and “care_916” provided the answer. I didn’t realize the castle was an available option so never checked there. Once I did I found the sledge hammer. Unfortunately only had 15 minutes left in the trial. So really didn’t get much further.

posted in Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition on May 20, 11 2:36 PM
Owl wants me to follow him. Big rock blocking my way. Oh I'm lucky!!! It's cracked!! Have spent 30 minutes trying to figure out what to do with the rock. Did the hidden object game at the end of the dock. Already used the shovel, have a machete and brush in inventory, a couple of blue stars, amber stones, dragon horns, some flowers. None effective in breaking the stone. Figure there might be something in the barrel that has washed up from the ocean, but can't open that either. Have traveled back to the cabin, went in bedroom, nothing there. Game has not been inspiring thus far, and this just adds to my dismay. Your help would be appreciated.

posted in Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone on Oct 23, 10 8:02 AM
I don't usually post game reviews, but often will read the reviews other posts and appreciate the time they take to give us their opinions. But this game was so irritating, I had to vent.

Music...nice, quiet and soothing.

Storyline....pretty basic, missing gem...English manor...love interests...inspector investigating...looking for clues among usual suspects.

Side quests...putting together letter...opening diary...very simple...easy to solve.

Graphics....absolutely terrible. I have a HD screen, my vision is fine and I am a fairly patient person. The overall pictures were OK, but they were fuzzy and cluttered. Item size was very small for the most part and difficult to find. Find 10 horseshoes. Horseshoes have a distinct shape and should be fairly easy to find, but after finding about half of them it was a struggle to find the rest. Find 10 birds. I had to use at least 3 hints to find them all. Finding jewelry was a joke. I resorted to randomly clicking over the entire screen to find objects, and when I would find one I couldn't even tell what it was until it was removed from the item list. Even when I used a hint I had to randomly click within the hint circle to find the item.
Finally gave up with 15 minutes to go and very rarely will I not use the whole free hour.

I don’t want easy HOG’s, I want a challenge, but this game wasn’t even a challenge, it was a waste of my time.

Even at$2.99 this game is not on my buy list. Ok, done ranting.

posted in Veronica and the Book of Dreams on Aug 23, 10 3:30 PM
Unfortunately this was a "get tomorrows game today" offering so it will be the main offering for tomorrow. I agree with everthing stated in previous comments. I too am tired of HOG's and hoped this would be a refreshing change. But alas, t'was not to be. I'm pretty patient with games and will generally slog my way thru the hour trial even with a bad game. But this one I stopped after 15 minutes. I sometimes wonder if anyone at Big Fish actually tries these games out before offering them to their customers. Or maybe they do and just think they can throw anything at us and we'll be grateful.

posted in Exorcist on Aug 20, 10 10:44 AM
Yep same thing happened to me, tried backing out of puzzle then going back in, still wouldn't work.... tried rotating piece, still wouldn't work,...tried placing it slowly, still wouldn't work. As you can't advance further without completing the puzzle, i finally deleted game.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 17, 10 10:46 AM
Thanks very much for your help.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator