Posts created by plumblsm

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 on Apr 25, 18 12:31 PM
It was great to hear there is a fix for this, but I'm having trouble updating. I opened the game manager, chose options then download. I chose manual. but when I checked it said there were no updates available.
I reinstalled the game hoping that might help, but it still shows that there are no updates and the display problem was still there. Am I doing something wrong? Please advise...thanks all. I'm using a MacBookPro with retnia display running High Sierra.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 on Apr 8, 18 7:15 PM
I'm having the same problems. I'm on a MacBook Pro. I got in touch with customer support and basically got an 'oh well here's a code for a free game'. No fix, no nothing. That was really disappointing. Like you guys, I absolutely LOVE this game. I'm hoping and praying for an update.

posted in Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition on Feb 8, 16 6:51 PM
Adding my name to the list. I tried to go back to mailboxes, but I can't. We definitely need a fix here guys.

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 14 1:58 PM
I've had basically the same problem as below. I can play for about 20 minutes then the total slow down. I've learned to exit and try again, it starts out OK, but slows down again. When I eventually do exit I usually get a message that it crashed, even though there didn't seem a problem. I'm running MAC OS X Mavericks, so maybe, as mentioned before it's not 100% compatiable...too bad, it was so nice to play a game that wasn't a fantasy awash in purple and teal.

sfr8rfan wrote:I installed the game for the hourlong trial
a. Not long after I began the game crashed and I restarted. No alarms yet.
b. After playing for a couple minutes the second crash happened. First alarm goes off.
c. After returning from the second crash I could no longer move my mouse without left clicking. My trackpad doesn't work at all. A second alarm is added.

As soon as I leave the game everything is fine with my mouse...as I type this my mouse is working perfectly.

In the past I've encountered problems because the game I was playing, even though it was a new game, was not compatible with the latest Mac Operating system. I wonder if that's the case here?

I'll be very disappointed if it is.
I'm going to extract the game and re-install it. I'm guessing I will lose the remaining 57 minutes of trial period. That will bug m a lot and I will not buy this game if this happens...but I'm getting ahead of myself... I will report back soon...

posted in Mall-a-Palooza on Jul 2, 12 1:57 PM
These tips and tricks are really helpful. Very extensive too. I was stuck at the Saloon Mall until I read this.
I've bookmarked this forum page to come back to as I progress in the game.
Thanks again!

I had the same problem and sent the Dr Felix report...etc.
The person that got back in touch with me explained everything, including the fact that they are working on a fix, but don't know when they'll have it.
He gave me the option for a refund or a credit if I don't want to wait. I think for now I'm going to take the credit.

Wouldn't November be a great time for a sequel to Dire Grove? That game made me shiver with cold every time I played it!

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time on Mar 3, 12 9:41 AM
Hello fellow HOG lovers. I just finished this game and had to review it. It's definitely the best in the series. I played in the Advanced Mode. Good puzzles and many of them. Finding objects wasn't easy, but not so hard as to take away from the fun. Graphics are wonderful (I admit I do like the darker games)
Even though you had to go back to some scenes it wasn't confusing like some games I've played.
Highly recommended, lots of fun, very engaging game.

posted in Diner Dash 2 Restaurant Rescue on Jan 28, 12 6:32 PM
Hey x2ul
I know I still need help because I'm new to the game. I just can't seem to keep people happy enough or patient enough.

posted in Dr. Lynch: Grave Secrets on May 13, 11 5:43 PM
One more thank you for where the "L" was. I was on my third try. This gamie os a toughie, but I'll take it over the ones that are too easy for me now. And one other thank you is to this forum. Keep seeking all!

I'm really into the dark and mysterious HOGs, so this was right up my alley. I liked the story and the puzzles too. I think it's shining moment was the bonus content. It's not just the usual concept art and music, but an entire extended play of the game. It uses some of the same rooms as the beginning, but most are all different. In fact it's one of the best extended games I've ever played, it actually felt like a reward!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator