Posts created by girlina

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Aug 25, 15 3:03 PM
I would definitely pay to have more updates and/or an actual conclusion to this game. I've enjoyed playing this game much more than I have any other free to play game. I have refrained from spending any money on this because I already know from reading this forum that the game just... stops.

I like that this is a happier sort of game. I'm so tired of all of the HOGs filled with violence and murder. I like spooky and creepy stuff too, but not all of the time.

This game is imaginative and fun. I hope BF rethinks this decision.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Aug 1, 15 6:28 AM
Please add me!

I am sad I only discovered this game now, it's really well done!

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition on Jun 9, 12 10:52 AM
I just discovered this series and I'm glad the 10th anniversary sale made it possible for me to buy the CE version. I'm usually on a budget and just get SE versions of games. I love those goblin graphics, make me laugh. I'm so happy to find a storyline that isn't all gloom, doom & creepy graphics. I like the chillers but sometimes I need to take a break from them!

posted in Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale on May 29, 11 2:25 PM
I'm not sure how this got such good reviews everywhere. Mediocre at best in my opinion. Stupidest heroine ever--the plot ending was broadcast about 2 seconds into the game. Graphics were okay, sometimes the colors seemed a bit muddy. Glad I got it on special for $2.99 and didn't waste a game credit on it. I really should have played more of the demo to know this just wasn't the game for me.

posted in Snark Busters: All Revved up on May 29, 11 2:19 PM
I love how silly this game is. The plot is thankfully not another dreary "let's go into the creepy sewers and muck about" plots. I like spooky stuff just as much as anyone, but COME ON, are all game designers former emo/goth kids? (As a former goth girl in the 80s, I say this with love & affection and not derision--Halloween is still my favorite holiday.)

Anyway, the perky music is okay, although I do turn it on low. The graphics are fantastic and I love the little clever touches like the cat/chandelier. The puzzles are somewhat easy, but I had fun solving them. I liked that the parts that were not available yet were in red so that you didn't waste time looking for them. The dialogue is funny. I like that this game doesn't take itself so seriously, and it's lots of fun. Big thumbs up from me.

I had one glitch with the fireflies. I accidentally put one somewhere wrong and it disappeared. I had to restart with a new player. Nothing else happened like that though, so whew.

This was an okay game. Not quite the quality I expect from the MCF series. The acting for the most part was DREADFUL. Seriously? Those cheesy accents? Ugh. I could have lived with most of it but Marcus haranguing you every step of the way at the end was SUPER ANNOYING--to the point where I turned the sound off.

Quite honestly this felt like A grade design & graphics and B grade story/plot line. The "plot twist" towards the end was well, not super surprising. The repetitive nature of most of those "helper" tasks was yawn inspiring. The puzzles were okay, not quite as inventive as they have been in the past.

Super glad I didn't spend extra for the collector's edition. I'm not sorry I bought this but I would rather re-play Ravenhearst or Madame Fate again. I like their more illustrative style better. I'm not sure I like this trend towards super realistic graphics, even if they are very well done.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator