Posts created by rockey69

posted in Zombie Solitaire 2: Chapter 3 on Apr 19, 18 4:59 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Hi dramajunkie

I registered at Pond Friends yesterday and there might be plans to create sub-forums there more for gaming discussions. If that happens, I'll keep posting my M3 tips there. They're a vibrant community but are currently more focused on the social aspect lost when CCC disappeared here and I can understand if they don't want to break that place or turn it into a plug for BF. I'm no BF cheerleader myself, but came here because it's been a great place to share my tips and get feedback on games since I don't have time to demo every single M3 coming out.

The other forum my friend created yesterday - we'd welcome other developers or discussions about games not sold here as we don't want that place to be a plug for one gaming portal only either. But still, it's a gigantic hole to fill and both me and my friend are very busy with our lives otherwise, so I don't know if that's ever really going to take off.

For those of you who've enjoyed my gaming help over the years - please PM me if you would like my email address just in case nothing else comes up for me to bail you out.

How do I register to be in Pond Friends?? I just found out that BF is getting rid of this forum, I love coming in here and reading the comments. I want to be able to still read about games. Please let me know how to register to be in Pond Friends?? Thank you

After playing for awhile, I had to buy, I really like this type of Time Management Games. Its something different from the HO games. This has a cute story, I usually don't get into the story's in the games. I get tired of the dark games, someone getting kidnapped, this is a nice change. This game can be very additive, something to do on a cold gloomy day. It can be changeling, if you are trying to get 3 badges. I agree with everyone saying, we need more games like this one.

posted in Claws & Feathers 3 on Aug 26, 17 4:58 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:I just completed all 64 levels - what a project! This installment of the series is much harder than the first two, even with no timed levels. Not only are the boards trickier, but winning the gold medals and trophies is also harder. I did not win all the trophies in my first run through the game, but you can go back and replay levels to work on the trophy collecting at any time. The birds' quips are still funny, but the storyline isn't quite as amusing as in the first 2 games.

I found two of the planets' levels to have rather dark spaces; it was hard for me to tell where the holes were as opposed to playing squares. Near the end of the game, some of the gold medal goals appear to be designed more to frustrate the player. I'd like to think I'm pretty good at these games, but had to throw in the towel on medaling level 63 (I really, really tried). Several of the limited moves levels also seem to be designed more to annoy the player instead of being fun, although I will give kudos to the developer for putting up YouTube videos of them.

It's still pretty entertaining to play if you enjoy puzzle solving, but you're really going to need the gray matter for this one. I would not recommend it for anyone wanting a chill-out game.

[update] After replaying a few levels I finally won all the trophies, but it nearly drove me nuts several times. Wouldn't recommend trying to "do everything" considering how hard it was to accomplish! If the developer is reading this, I enjoyed the game most of the time, and hope you will keep on making additions to this great series. But please work on bringing back more of the fun factor that the first 2 games had. There IS a balance between making a game intellectually challenging and it being fun to play.

Very good review and I agree, the first two, were much more fun to play, this one was very frustrating and tedious at times. I got all the gold, but I didn't think I would get it for number 63, that one to me was the hardest. I hope the developer's look at our comment's and when they come out with the 4th in this serious they make the adjustment's.

posted in Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition on Aug 24, 17 2:51 PM
I cant decide if I like this one and I really liked the 3rd and 4th one. Don't know either if I want to get the collectors edition. Maybe I will play Moai 4 again and then decide if I want to get this new one.

posted in Claws & Feathers 3 on Aug 17, 17 10:57 AM
Well, I finally got it, after awhile, I figured out, it took awhile, I just took my time and made sure I was matching only 4. I got the Gold. Thanks for your help.

posted in Claws & Feathers 3 on Aug 16, 17 12:42 PM
I am really having a hard time with this level. Do the chained birds count for two birds and I know the regular birds count as one. So if there are 2 chained birds, that really counts for 4 birds right????
Please help

posted in Rescue Team 7 Collector's Edition on Jun 25, 17 5:02 PM
I have loved all the past Rescue Team games and this one, is just as good as the last 6. It was well worth the wait, I use to play a lot of the hidden object games, but I have switched to this type of a Time Management Games.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 26, 16 4:54 PM
I have been waiting for a new Mystery Case Files game to come out, for a year,what a disappointment. Nothing like the old games, why do they even bother to call it a Mystery Case Files game. Don't like the puzzles and I didn't come across a super puzzle, which I really enjoyed in the last three Mystery games. What a let down, after waiting an entire year for this game.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 5 on Nov 18, 16 4:23 PM
I like The Big City Adventures, did not care for this, its different from the Big City. I did not like the Minnie games in between the Hidden Object Part. Not a buy for me.
Enjoy, those who like this game.

posted in Jewel Match: Twilight on Nov 1, 15 4:53 PM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Buy the scene upgrades at the bottom until you either can't buy any more of them because you're out of resources or until it says "scene completed", then you will get the continue button back. Someone else had this same issue and I gave them this advice earlier; it worked for them so hope it helps you also.

The checkpoint for a new scene is every 15 levels and if you forget to buy scene upgrades while you're going along the game will get "stuck" like this until you do buy the required upgrades. The optional upgrades on the left don't need to be bought but they look nice since those move around.

Thanks so much, it worked, this is a fun game, but I don't really like the bonus play part. Thanks again, now I can keep playing.

posted in Jewel Match: Twilight on Nov 1, 15 12:41 PM
I am at level 14 and my only option is to play bonus games, which I don't want to do. How do I get out of the bonus game mode and back to the regular game play. Thanks

posted in Jewel Match: Twilight on Nov 1, 15 12:37 PM
I am at level 14 and all I can do is play the bonus, which I don't want to play. How do I get back to the regular playing.

posted in Jewel Match: Twilight on Nov 1, 15 12:35 PM
LYNNEWHITNEY wrote:Love it but I am on level 14 ... someone said there are 120 levels ??? ... and there is NO "continue" ... the only option is "bonus games" ... huh? Help??

I am having the same problem, I don't like the bonus games, I want to go back to what I was playing. Help Please

So excited, cant wait to start playing, I am downloading it right now. Sounds like, from the reviews that I have read, that it is a exceptional game.

posted in Hotel Solitaire on Sep 1, 15 1:37 PM
Ok this game is putting me to sleep, very easy and boring

posted in Claws & Feathers 2 on Aug 12, 15 4:12 PM
roxanne601 wrote:

Thanks for your help. I miswrote about the green birds at the top left. I only had to move 2 birds.

Your hint to move the green key early helped save some steps. That was part of my problem. The other problem was not going to the bottom right sooner. I was using extra steps to lower the nails

I was still over on the moves so I made an adjustment to the rest of it.

You wrote:
Your next steps are pretty good again.
When the firework has done its work, move the red on the right out of the way.
Open the red chest (drag it over the green key).
Open the green key.
Now drag the purple bird, standing in front of the golden chest over this nail thing to the left, to be out of the way.
Place the golden key in front of the nail pad.
Carry on with the pink birds as you describe.

REVISED: See new revised in a later post.

After I dragged the red key over the green key to unlock the red box (per your directions), I moved the red bird up to the top square so I could unlock the green chest.

Unlock the green chest.

Move the purple bird above yellow chest up and to the left. This move raises the nail thing. Move yellow key in front of it.

Move the pink bird down to unlock the other 2 pink birds. Move the 2 birds down to activate the lightening bolt.

The nail thing is still locked so go to the bottom part of the game.

Move the pink bird that is above the red chest to the right of the other pink bird.
This move opens the nail thing so unlock the yellow chest

Move the purple bird on top of the other purple birds. Move the lonely purple bird up 2 moves so you can get the red key. Unlock the red chest.

The purple bird down to activate the paint can.

Move the yellow key across the first row of nails.

In the square with the last cat, move the purple bird to unlock the 2 chained birds.
Move the 2 purple birds around the cat. After that step, move the yellow key across the last set of nails and unlock the yellow chest on the 31st move.

Thank you Thank you, after two days, I finally got it. I would have never gotten that last step, without your help.

posted in Surface: Alone in the Mist Collector's Edition on Jun 5, 15 5:23 AM
I never read the reviews on the game page, if I want to know about a game, I go to the Game Forums and read the reviews, I really know if a game is good or bad. On the game page, they love all the games, so what is the point of their reviews.

posted in Big City Adventure: Barcelona on May 28, 15 6:13 AM
Loved all the other Big City Games, so I had to get this one too. Its just a nice relaxing game. I always enjoy the pretty artwork and it is always a challenge to find the Hidden Objects.

posted in Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 15 4:43 PM
I had the same problem, I finally just quit playing it. I really like this game.

posted in Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage Collector's Edition on Apr 7, 15 4:57 PM
What a great game, one of the best games I have played in a long time. I am going to have to check out the first one. Thanks Big Fish for a fun filled game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator