Posts created by NikkiBikki

posted in The Curio Society: New Order Collector's Edition on Jun 17, 16 2:51 PM
Debbie387 wrote:Am in the last chapter of the main game and now get "access violation error". Have tried deletion and re-installation all to no avail. Yet another game that can't be finished.

I have this problem too

Any fix for this as it must be something the developers need to provide an update for.

Error Message that is popping up says:
Access Violation at 0x0080B70D (tried to read from 0x1F1C1000), program terminated

posted in Gardens Inc. 4: Blooming Stars Collector's Edition on Jan 30, 16 3:27 PM
I cannot see any background for the baby's room and the map, just blank background with the dots that you click on to go to each level on the map but nothing else and for the baby's room I can only see some of the items you upgrade but some you can see only crosses

posted in Fall of the New Age on Jan 3, 14 1:24 PM
I would love to play and buy this game as seems like a real good one, however, the disappearing cursor just makes it too frustrating. Had to keep taking the custom cursor off to be able to do mini games and to see what I can pick up but I don't think I could put up with that the whole game. Also got an access violation code when trying to get into the cellar so this is sadly a no buy for me!

posted in Punished Talents: Seven Muses on Dec 16, 13 7:28 PM
I am also having the same access violation error message when trying to do the Hidden object scene in the submarine (after putting the valve on), guess there is a glitch in the game that needs to be fixed otherwise cannot progress like everyone else!

posted in Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 13 12:26 AM
mst3kr wrote:At the top of the pyramid, a bird flew down, stole one of the gold bees, and left the screen. According to the strategy guide, the bird is supposed to be perched to the side of the steps and I'm to give him some seed. I have the seeds but the bird is no longer at the top of the stairs. This is the final bee I need and I cannot progress further into the game as the bird is now no longer to be found...

Had the same problem, cannot progress as bird flew away with the gold bee!

posted in Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 13 12:25 AM
nflynn wrote:Trying to get Lever on wall in cave and all i get is the hand hovering over it but cannot pick up. If I have to uninstall and reinstall and lose my progress, I am not going to buy from BFG anymore-this is ridiculous! Hint button doesn't work anymore so know there is an issue and nothing else needs to be done...

I had the same problem, cannot get the lever at all, also the bird flew away with the other bee thing so I cannot progress in the game for two reasons, very frustrating!

posted in Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate on Apr 20, 13 3:12 AM
I was unable to download the trial of this game as my antivirus software picked up TROJ_GEN.RCBH1AJ virus when I tried to download it. This is the 2nd game that I have had this issue with, apparently it is a malware!

I was unable to download the trial of this game as my antivirus software picked up TROJ_GEN.RCBH1AJ virus when I tried to download it. This is the 2nd game that I have had this issue with, apparently it is a malware!

posted in Break the Curse: The Crimson Gems on Jan 7, 13 3:29 PM
britt613 wrote:I thought so too. Downloaded and came up as trial expired. Wondered why. If you beta test does that count as your free trial. Always free trial before I buy.

I am pretty sure I have never played this game, but downloaded the trial/demo and then it said I had only 3 minutes left to play it??? I have unistalled and am now downloading again to see if that fixes it but sure is weird

posted in Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Collector's Edition on Jan 7, 13 3:10 PM
cindybuns wrote:I've played the full game and there are some problems in the bonus game with the map. It worked out fine in the main game when you finished a task it disappeared from the list on the map, but on the bonus game it did not and in one instance instead of the task being listed in English, it was giberish.

It looks like they may have released it too early without fixing all of the issues in the bonus game or spent most of the time on the main game.

While this fine for a standard edition, since we are paying extra money to include the bonus, it should work correctly!

I had the same problems with the map as well, also had them in the main game too, finished the game in the end but very annoying to still have to do things on the map which have already been done!

posted in Syberia - Part 1 on May 18, 12 8:41 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:NikkiBikki - this was made easier to download for the iPad / iPod and not by BFG, who is only the distributor. Anuman Interactive are the publisher, from whom BFG have licenced the game.

Secondly, BFG have advertised the game as being part 1 of 3:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/201539.page

The link above is to the fourth thread in this forum.

The only information where it says this is part 1 of 3 is in the forums, but I do not use the forums to buy games I buy them from the page where the game is for sale and it does not say anywhere on the page where you buy the game that it is part 1 of 3 of Syberia 1, it says Syberia - Part 1 and then BFG is selling Syberia 2, so to me this is false advertising.

If the game is sold in parts by the publisher and not BFG then why can you buy it elsewhere as a whole game? And also if it is sold in parts for Ipad and Ipod then sell it for that format in parts, not for PC, particularly when you have already been able to buy it as a whole game in that format, including here on the BFG website (but only by finding a link through the forums)!

posted in Syberia - Part 1 on May 18, 12 7:05 PM
I also bought the game thinking it was the whole of Syberia 1 only to discover it was just 1 part of it!, I am so angry! this is false advertising! specially as you can still buy the whole game for the same price as 1 part of it!

I have just asked for a refund of my money as I want the whole game not part of it!

From reading the forum BFG is saying it was apparently done to make it easier for downloading etc etc, what a load of rubbish, it was done to make more money and they need to advertise the game as being part 1 of 3 of the Syberia 1 so people realise they are buying only part of a game and will need to pay again and again to finish it! Shame on you BFG!

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 28, 12 4:02 PM
Another game with way too many glitches! What is going on this week with games being put up for sale with lots of problems, it is not good enough, these games need to be thoroughly tested by the makers of the games to make sure they work before getting people to part with their hard earned cash!

Fortunately I did not buy this game as the problems occured in the trial, but the game had potential to be good, just not going to buy something that is just going to frustrate me and that I have wait for a fix for

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 28, 12 3:56 PM
tierarztin wrote:I am also had the issue of not getting the glass. I got the magnet instead. Another HO scene has not appeared in that spot. I have gone over the entire game map, and there is nothing else I can do.

I have the same problem, have gone everywhere in the game and used the hint button in each place in case i missed something and it says there is nothing to do there, so I am stuck, fortunately I was only in the trial so had not paid for the game.

This needs to be fixed along with the other glitches!

Won't be buying this game as too many glitches! Clearly has not been fully tested prior to being put up for sale, so why should I part with my hard earned cash if the maker of the game cannot be bothered to check if it works properly!

A real shame too as the game definitely had the potential to be good

There seems to be a few games put up for sale lately that have major glitches that need an updated version to fix

TexasAnn wrote:Just played the demo. In the hidden object scene in the dungeon of the ship, some of the objects were really hidden. They weren't where they were supposed to be. The only way I could complete the game was to use the hint and click around where the hint sparkly circle showed. For example, I could see the garlic on the left side of the scene, behind the skeleton. But when I hit the hint to find it, it showed it on the right, near the ropes. The four, the flower, and the butterfly were nowhere to be seen.

I had the same problem, seemed like quite a few of the items were broken up into pieces as well, almost as if there were two screens of the same thing but in pieces, very strange, decided not to buy this game as too many glitches, refuse to buy a game that seems to have been put up for sale without being thoroughly tested!

posted in Weather Lord on Apr 26, 12 9:47 PM
efi24 wrote:
sazz1571 wrote:Hi i'm amazed noone else has had tech issues i've downloaded and bought this game and installed onto 2 pc's at home. Every few levels it freezes then says access violation this happens on both pc's. I'm very much enjoying this game it's different to other time managments is there a solution other than reloading the game every time it crashes? Please help.
Thankyou

Hey, I got the exact same problem here, the game freezes and crashes every few levels, giving me a violation message and forcing me to shut down... the access violation link isn't solving this and since there are at least two people encountering the exact same problem, maybe it's something in the game? I am enjoying playing it, it's just very annoying and not very computer safe when it crashes so often... thanks!

I am also having the same issue, very annoying!

posted in Dark Dimensions: Wax Beauty Collector's Edition on Apr 26, 12 9:22 PM
I won't be buying this game as too many flashes of lightning against a dark background makes for a very unpleasant gaming experience!

Also white square boxes keep appearing after coming out of close ups of areas of the game, are these games not tested before being put up for sale! If they are tested then surely these things were pointed out by those doing the testing.

I cannot help but feel that games are just being churned out now without much care being taken whether they are working properly as this is the 2nd CE in a week with problems!

posted in Dark Dimensions: Wax Beauty Collector's Edition on Apr 26, 12 9:20 PM
I won't be buying this game as too many flashes of lightning against a dark background makes for a very unpleasant gaming experience!

Also white square boxes keep appearing after coming out of close ups of areas of the game, are these games not tested before being put up for sale! If they are tested then surely these things were pointed out by those doing the testing.

I cannot help but feel that games are just being churned out now without much care being taken whether they are working properly as this is the 2nd CE in a week with problems!

posted in The Jolly Gang's Misadventures in Africa on Nov 8, 11 8:55 PM
Has this also fixed the problem with the game crashing when trying to use key on the suitcase in the pantry which a lot of people are experiencing?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator