Posts created by 0Jade

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 18 3:30 AM
Yeah, I remember back in the day when there weren't "collector's editions", where you could play the game online, or pay extra for a DVD of it to be a mailed to you. if anything went wrong, you could chat with someone live and they would make it right or "credit" you a credit that would never expire. We could even use coupons for anything and then pay the difference. So like with today's sale, $7.99, we could use the coupon and just pay one dollar. Now we get some message saying that this coupon can't be used for that. We've lived through the spam in the forums, watched people change their fish by posting a few words, learned how to write reviews without revealing the plot and made great friends along the way. I still have all the giveaways like the keychain, stuffed fish and stuff. Big Fish has certainly changed over the years, but even though it's not the nostalgic company we remember, it is still one of the best places to go to play casual games and besides... I don't believe in forever, forever is a very long time. The rains may come again, and these dried up old mud holes just may have fish in them again.

posted in Zombie Solitaire 2: Chapter 3 on Apr 18, 18 4:28 PM
Bless you moderators - it's a tough job, and we sure appreciate you.

posted in Zombie Solitaire 2: Chapter 3 on Apr 18, 18 4:27 PM
Not a big chatter, but I've been around for a LOONG time. I have over 20 game credits saved up - glad I spent 6 just recently. I hope BFG stays around - it's my happy place, and I haven't downloaded the hundreds of games I have purchased over the years. Let's hope this new purchaser understands that we get "critical" information from each other on games, fixes, and workarounds. In a way, we ALL contribute to making this site what it is. Sad that I didn't even know that this was going to happen until I randomly clicked on the forum. Glad I had time to say goodbye all my cyber friends - it's been nice knowing you. Glug Glug Glug...

posted in Endless Fables: Dark Moor Collector's Edition on Apr 14, 18 6:40 AM
I wouldn't say TOTAL rubbish, but it is more of an adventure game than hidden object. Greater than average dialog, and lots of things to find. I actually rather enjoyed it.

WARNING - there are very disturbing images. This is not a game for children. Creepy bears, startling images, cockroaches... not for the faint of heart. Worth checking out the demo for sure.

posted in Immortal Love: Blind Desire Collector's Edition on Jul 29, 17 3:56 AM
I have to say that for someone who is not good at reviews, you sure did a very thorough job.

posted in Elves vs. Goblin Mahjongg World on Jun 7, 16 4:03 PM
HERE HERE!

I have let so many games go by due to timers. Good game - bad timers.

posted in Sea of Lies: Leviathan Reef Collector's Edition on May 7, 16 6:36 AM
Angelfish, on behalf of the pond, HUGGS!

Alright, based on the other games I've played in the past and enjoyed, this game does have an older feel, but after a while, you just get used to it somehow. The music is a bit repetitive, but relaxing, and if you play to the end of the demo - exciting!

This is an ADVENTURE GAME. The game is NOT about finding hidden objects, although there is some of that. If that is your main reason to play, then this game is not for you. This game is about meeting people, listening to their story and solving mini puzzles. It's a good one for those new to the genre as the puzzles are fun, but simple so far.

If you're still reading, play it. There are some story glitches, for example for me, I clicked on the telephone, and the game said, "Oh, I guess I should call the receptionist" or something like that. Immediately, someone came to the door and said "here you go". So I guess I got something, but don't know what. I'm sure this happened because I clicked out of the expected order, but oh well. It wasn't a deal breaker - the game was still fun (there's that word again) and relaxing until I was in the cemetery and ... no, I'll let you experience it.

For a more classic review - see the At First Sight link on the Forum's 1st page for this game.

posted in Cadenza: Havana Nights Collector's Edition on Mar 19, 16 5:18 AM
Ditto, Black screen with salsa music, same after a reboot - Windows 10

posted in Awakening: The Golden Age Collector's Edition on Jan 17, 16 4:13 PM
I am unable to pick up the pot I need to finish the game - LAME!! It gives me a magnifying glass on it, but it will not let me pick it up. Guess I got ripped off - have a collector's edition game, but cannot finish, therefore cannot play the bonus game. Very sad.

posted in Search for the Wonderland on Dec 7, 15 2:45 PM
Adelantado 1 works on Windows 97, but I have to say that I enjoyed the whole trilogy, and would play it again. Gemini Lost is another game similar to Virtual Villagers games, but much shorter and easier. I agree, World of the Zellions, different, but fun.

posted in Cadenza: The Kiss of Death Collector's Edition on Nov 4, 15 5:28 PM
I have a glitch that has not been mentioned. I tried the awl on the punch card, but apparently had something wrong because it said "I guess that wasn't the right code" and the punch card and sample the lady gave me disappeared. Grrrr To avoid this, you might need to check the strategy guide for the code so that you make sure you put in the right one the first time. I guess my only option is to start the game over.

posted in Dark Canvas: A Murder Exposed on Oct 25, 15 5:01 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Tales of the Shyre on Mar 9, 15 2:58 AM
If you cannot keep the spam off of the community pages, then how are you going to keep the games free of viruses, or our accounts from getting hacked? This is very worrysome. Please put someone good on this Big Fish Game site abuse.

posted in Phantasmat: The Endless Night Collector's Edition on Jan 10, 15 3:53 AM
After writing this comment, I returned to the game (which I had exited), on re-entry, the game continued as "normal" and I was allowed to use the jack on the school door.

posted in Phantasmat: The Endless Night Collector's Edition on Jan 10, 15 3:50 AM
After using up about 20 minutes of the demo looking for an alternative, I finally opened the strategy guide. It said to use the jack on the door of the school, which I had attempted several times. As far as I can tell, the game is glitching on that spot. I had everything in inventory the guide said I was supposed to have, but it would not comment or allow me to use anything on the door of the school which brought my enjoyable morning to a screeching halt. Even the help wasn't helpful - it said something about perhaps I should search elsewhere. Sad.

posted in Crafting Story on Jan 5, 15 9:37 AM
Okay, only because I wanted to help you guys out, I subjected myself to an hour of this game. The idea is to click on an item (land, water) to create a token, and combine two tokens together to create another element. A simple example would be that clay + sun makes bricks although this example includes an element that you will not have for quite a while, it helps you to understand. Each time you have a new element, you may or may not be able to combine it with ONE other item on the screen. The more I did it, the more I understood the concept of it, but it truly didn't make it any more enjoyable. By the time my hour was up I had made water, grass, swamp, flower, stones, bamboo, mountain, desert, cactus, oasis, all kinds of weather elements, bricks, metal, steam, a volcano, lava and on and on. My entire screen was covered in option to combine. Once you complete one "world", you start over on another screen. There is a drop-down menu that will give you a hint and a few other options. If you want to try it, take advantage of the hint... it takes longer and longer to recharge as the game goes on. Uh... Enjoy? (not me)

I'm with you guys... tread softly through these spammy waters. Definitely don't open any message that has a +91 in the subject line. This particular thread is safe for now. My biggest concern is, if they can spam, can they cause what has always been a game site free of viruses to become treacherous. I don't think so, but you never know. If anything seems out of the ordinary - bail!

posted in Hidden Object Crosswords 2 on Dec 3, 14 5:00 PM
Chain of Dogs, in an odd kind of way, your statement of "no spelling errors in a crossword game" is actually kind of funny.

posted in Forgotten Kingdoms: Dream of Ruin Collector's Edition on Sep 20, 14 4:07 AM
You know how it is with the "first born" in a family, the rules are much stricter than with the new arrivals. Sigh.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator