Posts created by DonnyDJ

posted in Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics on May 28, 12 7:15 PM
Calais30 wrote:
DonnyDJ wrote:How convenient of Bigfish to release a time management exclusive sequel on Memorial Day, when many people in the USA are traveling or outside with their families. This game will probably go unrecognized, and won't even be mentioned by the almighty Mudrock.

Dying to use up my 12 credits here, and obviously, 4 of them will be on Kingdom Chronicles CE and Burger Bustle Ellie's Organics.

At least it seems like this game has no bugs based on the player feedback and has been given great reviews.

However, do to piracy, the only games today that could truly survive as casual PC downloads are either HOGs or games developed in Russia.

People complain about the supposed lack of TM games and then when BF actually releases a decent TM game, the complaint now has to be that they released it on Memorial Day. Some people just have to have something to complain about.

I apologize.

posted in Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics on May 28, 12 10:02 AM
How convenient of Bigfish to release a time management exclusive sequel on Memorial Day, when many people in the USA are traveling or outside with their families. This game will probably go unrecognized, and won't even be mentioned by the almighty Mudrock.

Dying to use up my 12 credits here, and obviously, 4 of them will be on Kingdom Chronicles CE and Burger Bustle Ellie's Organics.

At least it seems like this game has no bugs based on the player feedback and has been given great reviews.

However, do to piracy, the only games today that could truly survive as casual PC downloads are either HOGs or games developed in Russia.

Triple post, removed by self.

Triple post, removed by self.

posted in Grave Mania: Undead Fever on Mar 6, 12 11:38 AM
Best "exclusive" time management game to come out on Bigfish in a long time. Zombies don't bother me whatsoever. Like others said, gameplay is similar to the Sally's Salon series. Kudos to Bigfish for publishing an excellent game and keeping it in beta until it was ready.

If you like time management games where you are placing characters at different stations and Zombies don't offend you, I can't see how you could go wrong with Grave Mania. It is well polished and it's also quite original.

Also, if you are looking for a relaxed expererience, you have the option from the beginning to not have a timer-good for people who have arthritis or who don't like to feel pressured to achieve a goal while playing a game.

*Something important-When you actually purchase the game, you download additional content and you have to create a new player profile. I played the first 6 levels, decided I liked it, then purchased it.

You can please some of the people all of the time but you can't please all of the people some of the time.

9 out of 10

posted in Grave Mania: Undead Fever on Mar 5, 12 5:08 PM
Thanks for responding. Honestly, I wasn't referring to you. It was in reference to someone else who has a bigger mouth than myself.

posted in Grave Mania: Undead Fever on Mar 5, 12 11:09 AM
I haven't tried Grave Mania yet but will do so in a few hours. Looked over at the reviews in the forum and this game seems perfect for me.

Noticed a few deleted posts. Obviously members violated TOS. Just wondering why they were removed. Anti-time management? Saw that 2 posters appear to be hog lovers.

posted in Stone Age Cafe on Jan 3, 12 9:02 AM
I think Stone Age Cafe is put together well. Definitely challenging on the hard setting and you can change the difficulty at any time. This game is similar, yet different from Cooking Dash. Stone Age Cafe appears to incorporate more strategy. It is definitely one of the best and one of the few exclusive time management games to come out here in months.

Many times, Bigfish labels their time management games as exclusives, but they are available on the developer's website. In this case, Stone Age Cafe is only available here. I would definitely recommend it to time management players who miss the dash genre.

As for another Cake Mania, that is not going to happen, as their developer closed its doors on the PC platform.

8 out of 10.

posted in Pioneer Lands on Aug 10, 11 6:15 AM
You can look forward to My Kingdom of the Princess 3, developed by the same company, which will be coming out here later this month!!

posted in Fashion Forward on Jun 3, 11 9:10 PM
It's an outstanding game that got 4 out of 5 stars from [removed by moderator]. It's here now on Bigfish, but for some "reason", they decided to release Fashion Forward the same day where another time management game was able as both the game of the day as well as TGT.

It's a spinoff from the Cakemania Series, made by [removed by moderator].

posted in Fashion Forward on May 11, 11 2:24 PM
(From the makers of Cakemania and Westward)

Fashion Forward is out. I haven't got to play it yet, but it looks good, and the company has a great reputation....

Don

posted in Hobby Farm on May 10, 11 5:18 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I really like this nice farming/tm-game and highly recommend it to all tm-lovers. Its a buy for me

Personally, I couldn't agree more with Eisteepfirsich. The game starts off easy in timed mode but it does get more difficult in the later levels for those who want a challenge.

For those who want to relax and don't like fast paced clicking in the later levels, choose relaxed mode.

Hobby Farm is a quality game, with excellent production values. It was in part, developed by Aliasworlds Entertainment. Not only did they work on the Ranch Rush series, but they worked on all 3 games in the Cooking Dash series as well.

For people who are "on the fence" on whether or not to purchase Hobby Farm, simply take a look how few time management games have been coming out over the past couple of months. For $6.99, Hobby Farm is more than worth it. When we don't support games that we like at such a great price, that only gives game companies the signal to produce less time management games for the casual download platform.

In all honesty, purchasing Hobby Farm for me was a no brainer. I have played close to two hours, and I am glad the difficulty increases. Happy gaming fishies, because we won't be seeing another quality TM exclusive for a few weeks!

-Don

posted in Jet Set Go on Apr 22, 11 11:05 AM
This game truly gets an award for doing something innovative. I played the entire trial and loved it. I am known to be a time management demander and lover, but this game is truly a winner and gives people the option to make the game less difficult if they don't want fast paced action. Hopefully, this noteable game will sell well and other developers will take note and produce similar games.

Don

posted in Garden Dash on Mar 15, 11 3:50 PM
Some people love timers and some don't. I love timers when playing time management games but not when playing iHOGs- I prefer relaxed for iHOGs. KUDOS to Bigfish for releasing 2 consecutive time management gardening/farming games. After all, around 75% of releases here are hidden object games.

PS The timer is not that quick-this is a casual game-not hardcore.

posted in Garden Dash on Mar 15, 11 8:16 AM
I agree with the previous two reviewers. I played Garden Dash for an hour before work and I thought it was a terrific dash game- Certainly better than Soap Opera Dash...Glad Garden Dash is challenging as well... Of course I purchased it lol

posted in The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising on Mar 4, 11 3:13 AM
Fantastic game, Bigfish!!

posted in Cake Shop 3 on Feb 27, 11 9:48 AM
In any time management game where expert is eventually achieved, the progress map is supposed to reflect that. Please fix this minor error...

Don

posted in Busy Bea's Halftime Hustle on Feb 6, 11 11:15 PM
I have downloaded, I have played, and I love this game. If you are looking for a challenging time management game with longevity, look no further. Busy Bea's has the same mechanics as the Megaplex Madness series (same developers). 150 levels in total, and the difficulty can be altered at any time. The "puzzle" levels are quite challenging, but there is a way how you can prevent yourself from getting frustrated. Realize that as long as you make regular goal for a level, (example level 4-puzzle), you can return to that level or any other level after you have earned more sufficient upgrades. These stadium upgrades (not the cosmetic upgrades between each level) will help you significantly when you are trying to achieve master. The arcade games in this version are a lot of fun, but you can opt not to play them and still have the opportunity to advance. In Busy Beas, you can choose whether you want to upgrade your stadium by either using coins from making combos or the money you make from clearing the level. On each level, you can achieve regular, expert, or master goal. If one decides they want to play 150 levels and achieve master on all levels, there has got to be 20 hours of gameplay here. Not a bad deal for $6.99.
Highly recommended for time management players who are looking for a challenge and a lengthy game with solid, but not exemplary production values.
I would give Busy Bea's a 9 out of 10, or 4.5 stars, and I respect anyone else's opinion, love it, or hate it....as long as they have tried the game

Don

posted in Busy Bea's Halftime Hustle on Feb 6, 11 8:17 AM
"Sassy"

HOG players visit the boards a lot more frequently because those type of games frequently require hints, discussions, how do I questions, where do I questions, etc...

Time management games, while requiring strategy as well, are played in a more arcade and less mystery style than hidden object games...There is much less need for discussion

As for me knocking down hidden object games in the past, **almost ALL of my comments were in the chitchat corner and NOT on a specific forum for a specific hidden object game.** THAT's the difference. My sheer frustration is that Bigfish has not attempted to produce/create a true blue time management game on their own since 2006. (Mystic Inn) To me thats disappointing for a Casual Games Company that has clearly blown all the other portals out of the water...

Why did you both post this here and send me the same private message?

As for your statistics, those statistics are not specific to casual games; Rather, they are about all types of computer gaming. If you were to find sales statistics on casual games, you would see the HOGs are # 1, followed by time management games in 2nd...

posted in Busy Bea's Halftime Hustle on Feb 6, 11 6:30 AM
Howatch wrote:I'm going to be 56 years old next month and I enjoy good TM games; I'm in the process of finishing the last three levels of Wedding Dash at the moment.

I'm looking forward to giving this demo a try. I played and finished the first Megaplex Madness and I have no doubt that this game will be equally challenging. I love to see good TM games show up here. I play plenty of IHOGs too.

Howatch, you have been one of the friendliest people on the forums here to me. I know I certainly don't rank high in popularity here, you always have a way of being positive.

By the way, when I mentioned above that generation X'ers play these games, I hope that I didn't imply that baby boomers do not play time management games. I simply meant that there is a small demographic for people that are born in the mid 70's and on play and legally purchase these games. Saturn was born in Generation Y! (1981-2000)

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator