Posts created by bgtts

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake on Dec 28, 12 4:01 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:Did you get the basket ball on top of the lockers? That's the only ball I can remember. There is no note about Billy, but Cassandra will tell you about him once you found all items.

Thank you. I will go look again!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake on Dec 28, 12 7:37 AM
Was anyone able to get Billy's locker open? Had the same issues as the above posters. Can't move ahead without the last sport ball. There was no note about Billy in the teacher's drawer.

twotrickponies wrote:hi, all...

is it soup yet?

sigh....

waiting, waiting, waiting....

swimming in circles and...

waiting

the tease of detective

badge and game are

baiting...

batting balls

on fairway downs

while hoping soon

for creepy sounds

of victor, charles

and other ghouls

while still just laying

in the rules

of waiting

waiting

waiting.

Welcome to the Mac Pond twotrickponies
How clever and right you are!!! When oh When????? They're not working fast enough or maybe not at all for the MAC version????

Frogmort wrote:
Well,as I understand it, middle-aged women are target group for BF

They may be in the majority, but this one, moi, is at the low end of the OAG though my best friend thinks we're at extinction age!

Solice, thank you for updating the Mac side of BFG. That is much appreciated that we are being kept abreast of what is going on. Hopefully, the Mac version will be "sooooon" as per Vingilot.

ZasuGirl, wise comments. There are certainly many more serious issues around the world and in personal lives to make a game a focal issue. Seems we are human and without enough serious issues to address or a need to escape, these games serve a therapeutic purpose.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride on Sep 5, 11 5:06 AM
SeaBamboo wrote:If you click on the name of the game at the top of this page it takes you to the forum for this game; there is a thread with a link to the walkthrough

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/176500.page

Thanks SeaBamboo. The problem is not need of a walkthrough, but a glitch in the game. There is another thread dealing with this problem where many are having the same issue. One player has discovered that you have to put the lever and oil at the same time for the mechanism to work. This means restarting the game.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride on Sep 4, 11 9:10 AM
happyG59 wrote:Added lever to mechanism, then added oil, go to throw lever and nothing happens. Have tried three separate times ; even turned computer off and still nothing.

Same problem here. I didn't shut down computer, but did get out of game and started again. This is definitely a glitch because we should get a hand to allow us to move the lever.

First issue with the game.

posted in Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse on Jun 11, 11 8:13 AM
Just entered a coupon code in the appropriate box, but my game credit was applied instead. So, be careful!

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Mar 28, 11 9:48 AM
WilJul wrote:Unfortunately I've not been much help. I think I'd go ahead and try starting over under a new profile. You're not too terribly far along in the game, hopefully, it won't be too much of a hardship. Because, yes, you definitely need the scissors for the painting in the lower foyer.

You may even wish to drop tech service a line and let them know you are experiencing this issue.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for trying Wiljul!!! I'll follow both advice. Was trying to avoid changing profiles Once I get some result. I'll let you know!

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Mar 28, 11 5:53 AM
WilJul wrote:Ah crud, bgtts, I was hoping it would be something simple. When you reinstalled did you start over under a new name, or pick up where you left off under your old name? I'm hoping you didn't try a new name and that maybe that will do it for you!

The scissors shouldn't (sans glitchiness) disappear until you have used them in all the places they can be used.

Ooo, thought of another silly question (because people have actually done this) - are you sure you didn't already use them on the canvas? And it's another key you're looking for?

- I did not change profiles when I reinstalled.
- Used the scissors on the following canvases: dining room, upper landing left of the balcony door, upstairs at the end of the right hallway. I forgot the painting on the left by the stairs on main level and there is something under that canvas.

The message reads :" Get the key from the shed and find a way into the graveyard" I Have the key from the shed.

You've been so kind to answer me with your suggestions!!

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Mar 27, 11 7:45 PM
WilJul wrote:May seem a silly question - but have you scrolled ALL the way through your inventory (using the blue arrows) to make sure it is not in there?

I sure did many times, both before and after reinstall, hoping they might come back.
Not there, but the shears are and I used them on the flowers already.

Thanks for answering, WilJul. I have read your many very useful posts in this Forum.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Mar 27, 11 10:18 AM
Need the scissors to cut the canvas in the stairs hall to get cemetary key. I last used them on two other paintings that had puzzles. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game. No change in inventory-no scissors!

Am wondering if the game thinks I finished with them because I used them on the other canvases??

Also, if I can get that key, it will be #3. Have retraced to where all the keys should be, but I have nothing left to do in those places.

Any help is most welcome!!

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 11 8:39 AM
WilJul wrote:
bgtts wrote:Where is the key for the armory room? Have the lasers pointed at the keyhole, but have no key. Reviewed the SG, but there is no mention of it.

SPOILER (highlight to read):

The armory key is found in princess Ivy's dresser mirror after you place the metal frog plating on the dresser.

That info is on page 50 of the strategy guide.

Good luck!

THANK YOU, WilJul!!!! That did it!! Onwards now!

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 11 5:49 AM
Where is the key for the armory room? Have the lasers pointed at the keyhole, but have no key. Reviewed the SG, but there is no mention of it.

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Mar 6, 11 7:43 PM
This explains why the GM was being "installed" when I purchased Dark Parables TEP.
I thought something was wrong. The only issue I keep having after the download is to get the full screen. I have to go to Options and click on full screen twice to get it.

This is one of the best of the most recent games that BFG has offered the Mac platform. My issues are with the dev's who created this dual mode play and a strategy guide designed for both. Why not say that you don't need a crown or a tree disc until the next level!

Personally, I am stuck in the armor room without the needed key. Can't find the clue in the strategy guide??? Any suggestions??

posted in Murder, She Wrote on Feb 12, 11 6:12 PM
JGSchenck wrote:Some time ago I bought Murder She Wrote. I can't find the email I got, but I have a photo of the splash screen that says I bought it. Of course there's a problem with it - I've read the forums & know a lot of people have trouble with it. Is there an email address I can send the photo? I hate to just flush it.

If you bought it from BFG, it should be in your purchase history. If not, definitely use the green envelope as suggested by Vingilot.

I bought this before the GM and had no problems with it. Hope you will get an answer to help you play it.

posted in Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club on Oct 21, 10 12:54 PM
Am in the same frustration boat as everyone with getting the last gramophone piece. I'm missing the one at 1:00 position. Did get the one behind the parrot and the one in the skeleton cabinet. Yes, the hint highlights the periscope left arrow. The Walk throughs don't show the 4 pieces to be picked up in the periscope. Must one follow the exact sequence as the WT- which I try not to use. Have the unicorn and am anxious to get through that gate! WHY should we have to restart a game to complete it??? If the mods are reading, are they letting the developer know? It's not just one or two people having the same issue.

posted in Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club on Oct 18, 10 7:23 AM
Last gramophone piece at 1:00 o'clock position: Hint button sends me to the periscope, then it circles the left arrow. Read two other posts here with same issue. Has anyone found the last piece? Had left the game for a while, but am pretty sure that I got all the pieces in the periscope view.

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Oct 17, 10 8:16 AM
FYI I purchased Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White after the new version. Was doing well until the labyrinth doors. I exited and when I went back in, I was at the start of the game. The following is the msge from tech help:

"Not to worry, below you will find a link to the Victorian Mysteries Woman in White Forums. The Big Fish Games Forums are an excellent resource where you’re encouraged to ask questions about our games, share tips, and connect with other players and game fans. By posting a question about a specific game puzzle or level in the forums, you can reach experienced players who may have the answer you’re looking for.

Victorian Mysteries Woman in White Forums

Here is a also a complete walkthrough for Victorian Mysteries Woman in White that might help you out.

Victorian Mysteries Woman in White Walkthrough

Go ahead and give this a try and check back with me on your progress. If you continue to experience any problems with this game I would be more than happy to explore the situation further until we work a working solution. Of course if you continue to experience any further issues, I would be happy to issue a free coupon as a replacement for this game. If you have any further questions feel free to get a hold of me at any time. You can respond directly to this email."

Sorry, but I found this a "lame" answer!

Finally broke down and uninstalled, reinstalled (over half hour), changed profile and played from start to end.

There is a glitch in this game if one has to change profiles and replay from the start!

Good luck to the rest of you!! PS on intel MacBook Pro 10.6.4

posted in Elixir of Immortality on Aug 1, 10 7:40 PM
I add my issue to others with sound disappearing and returning suddenly on the Mac demo. On a Mac pro Snow Leopard 10.6.4.
See that BFG has noted the issue and is trying to address it. Will not buy until it is posted as resolved.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator