Posts created by Bhilithinn

posted in Deadtime Stories on Feb 13, 18 8:48 PM
I agree with WTGator. And to the OP: it's perfectly fine voting with your wallet. But you have to understand that everyone else has the right to do the same. And if people like spooky games (which obviously enough people do), then there's no reason for them not to buy them.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Huntsville ™ on Jan 31, 18 9:30 PM
Trying to recall some of the older Hidden Object games I've played. Note these are not to everyone's taste:

- Mysteryville 2
- Christmasville
- Pirateville
- MCF Prime Suspects
- the older Hidden Expedition games (Everest, Titanic)

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jun 11, 14 7:45 PM
I'm about 90% done my scavenger hunt.

Now every time I tap on the scavenger hunt icon, the whole game crashes!

So I went over to my PC to see if it would work. Crashed the game there too every time.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jun 11, 14 5:24 PM

I found a blue jay, and it didn't get counted towards the scavenger hunt.

I tried to skip a spin after the scene, and it took two energy from me anyway.

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Feb 5, 13 6:26 PM
Something tells me they're never going to release it . I mean what it's been close to 2 years now?

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 3, 13 3:11 PM
070650 wrote:I am having alot of trouble with the mausoleum.I have 2 master builders& I keep putting them on the mausoleum Or the totem,and I just can't keep away those pesky yellow mask & others from chasing them off.I have done ,most of the conversions & used all the spells I can think of to chase them away.I don't seem to get far each time.I already have on one dead ,and probably soon maybe another.Do They still show up ? after I finally get the totem & mausoleum cleaned out.please help!!

For the mausoleum, whenever there were blue masks around that I'd already converted, I simply dropped one of my villagers on them. They run away because they don't want to listen anymore .

posted in Grave Mania: Undead Fever on Jan 29, 13 8:09 PM
I wish I had seen this before I bought. Keeps freezing and crashing on me as well.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Jan 27, 13 8:29 AM
This game is one of the buggiest ones I've ever bought from Big Fish. Some of the letters from "Hint" periodically go missing, my notebook and sometimes the strategy guide periodically aren't visible on the screen. Sometimes spots I have to zoom in on are randomly inaccessible.

Worst of all....the game decided to crash on me, and then my entire progress was erased. Really makes me wonder if they did any testing at all before releasing this. I would have expected much better from MCF.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Dec 16, 12 8:54 AM
This is an impressions so far review, as I'm only part-way through the game.

Pros
- nice, creepy atmosphere without being over the top
- I'm enjoying the different HOG method (items being scattered in more than one room)
- so far, I'm finding that the storyline is engaging

Cons
- While I like the acting, the live actors seem very much at odds with the rest of the graphics. I'm finding it to be a little jarring.
- Strategy guide next to useless
- with the darker graphics, HOG scenes feel "muddy"

posted in Tricks and Treats on Aug 29, 12 7:42 PM
Why does the amount of gold I have during a round never match the amount of gold after a round?

For example, in the last round it said that I had 1,435 gold. When I finished the round it told me I had 1,401. What gives?

posted in Secrets of the Titanic 1912-2012 on Jul 31, 12 5:26 PM
godfreygirl wrote:I thought I might like this Titanic game because I couldn't play the others....no cursor in the game on my computer, but in this game, you choose a flag at the very beginning of the game and I could hardly believe there was NO American flag. I chose a few other flags to see how that went and they all produced the language of that country. Did they not think any people from the USA would play this game or did I miss something????

Are you telling me that people in the USA don't speak English? lol

(Sorry. Couldn't resist. I'm Canadian.)

posted in Oddly Enough: Pied Piper on Jul 29, 12 8:08 AM
I am having the exact same problem. I know it's near the beginning of the game, but I'm not even sure I feel like having to do things over at this point.

Glitches like this are so annoying.

posted in Oddly Enough: Pied Piper on Jul 29, 12 7:32 AM
I can't get the coin the apothecary is supposed to give me. I'm posting this as a technical issue because I have done everything else I should be doing at this point (according to the walkthrough).

I'm not the only person having this problem as apparently you have to do things in an exact order otherwise the coin won't appear. But, in a game that's not set up like that, this is a technical error!

posted in Classic Adventures: The Great Gatsby on Feb 5, 12 9:04 AM
This was a fabulous game. I was impressed from start to finish.

I have to disagree with the person who said "if you haven't read the book, don't post". I haven't read the book (although I certainly plan to after playing the game). I knew enough about the story to understand the context, and I happen to be a literature buff (English major, widely read) and I enjoy learning about history. So sorry....I am posting anyway .

I know some people didn't like the music, but I loved it. It set the scene perfectly for me. I loved the way the story was handled, I loved the game play, I loved the variety in the game play. So glad I bought this game.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride on Nov 30, 11 11:47 AM
I bought this game for $2.99 and it was a fun time-waster.

The graphics were good, and the HOGs were fun.

I found the puzzles to be very tedious. But it may just be my style of play.

However, the part that irked me the most about this game was the storyline. It seems as if they changed their minds several times while telling the story. When you're playing from a first-person perspective, you really ought to know certain things about your own character and history.

For example (spoiler below highlight if you want to read):

Part-way through the plot it mentions "the demon is your estranged father". How can you/she go through the entire plot and not know you have an estranged father?

There were a lot of other logical problems with the plot as well.

I also found that they didn't fix the little details. In one HOG you're looking for "Tom Soer"....and it finally dawned on me that they meant "Tom Sawyer".

There were also a lot of other little details like that. In the age of Google, I just don't think there's any excuse for making those kinds of mistakes.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride on Nov 30, 11 8:29 AM
In the one puzzle, where you have to put together a world map, I noticed that North America looked incredibly strange. Then I noticed that Canada was this really strange curve above the U.S.

Could the game developers not even be bothered to look at a world map?

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 26, 11 8:35 PM
shagwendy wrote:I just think it's weird she was raving over him and then when he proposed she turned him down for no apparent reason, well 'My adult life is just beginning to unfold." I've been playing these out of order and I just did Madame Fate last month but I don't remember any references to this one, but I've read there are. I know I'm almost done with Ravenhurst and I really want to finish but I'm up to my eyeballs in hidden objects. They're making me feel and I know I can't do Fate again anytime soon. I've done 13th Skull and I know I've played at least 1 if not both of Dire Grove and RTR, but that was quite a while ago. Are they both more interactive adventure types so I don't have to quite so many Hidden object scenes, my eyes hurt and I have a headache but now I want to do everything in order. Is Dire Grove a part of this story even?

I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to point out that she was raving about him in her diary. Her secret, private diary. No "respectable" woman would be so open about her feelings to a man. Yes, he could probably deduce that she was falling for him since they spent so much time together. But going from laughing and talking to marriage is a huge step.

We can also guess that she was quite young at the time. Women in that time period had very little liberty under a parent's roof or a husband's roof. She may have been enjoying her freedom for the first time.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 26, 11 8:26 PM
I didn't see a technical thread for this game, so I hope I'm posting this in the right spot. The game had been playing perfectly fine. Now all of a sudden I keep getting "access violations" and it won't play.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Add: Hmm apparently 5th try worked. But I hope it doesn't keep doing this all the time.

posted in Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale on Mar 5, 11 5:02 PM
Played through once already...I got the ending where she essentially becomes Jane Austen.

This game is so much fun for anyone who is an Austen fan. I'm going to play every single possible ending if I can. I'd love to see her end up with Colonel Brandon (or anything else that is outside the Pride and Prejudice story).

posted in Maestro: Music of Death Collector's Edition on Feb 17, 11 9:55 AM
kass36 wrote:I'm having a problem with the sparrow turning red must be more problems with this game

You need to paint the sparrow red with the paintbrush in that hidden object scene. Then you can get a red sparrow.

As for the broom...I don't know - I didn't have a problem with it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator