Posts created by STL531

posted in Lost in the City on Mar 15, 09 7:25 AM
Is anyone else having problems with this game? During the first (free) hour it crashed once (right after I put the videotape in the VCR on whatever level that is), but it worked fine after I restarted my computer. I ended up purchasing the game, and almost immediately it started crashing during pretty much every level... whenever the level is changing or if I try to save the game and go to the main menu (so whenever the scene is changing, basically), it freezes up for like a minute and then I get a pop up warning about an ialmrnt5 display drive error. Then the screen goes all wonky and the resolution and colors completely change. Then I have to force shut down my computer and when it restarts it informs me that the "system has recovered from a serious error." I've checked and my drivers are all up to date, and I've never had this problem with any other game, so I don't know what the deal is.

I've contacted support for help, but I'd like to know if anyone else is having this problem so I can get a better idea of whether the problem is with the game or with my computer.

posted in Syberia on Feb 7, 09 1:07 PM
As someone who really enjoys the Nancy Drew games, I would say I prefer those. I generally enjoyed Syberia, but there was A LOT more time spent walking around (I really don't need to see her walk up and down stairs 100 times to appreciate the animation) as well as dialogue. I really didn't care for all the phone calls she gets from home; I understand they may be important for certain parts of the plot, but they are long-winded and, in my opinion, annoying. I was also aggravated by the way in which the protagonist had to ask questions... it is never clear which ones are going to be important and which ones you have already asked, which leads to a lot of repeated dialogue. So, while Syberia might be a little more intriguing in its overall plot, compared to Nancy Drew, there is a lot less time spent in actual puzzle/problem-solving.

Also, like many other people who have posted on other threads, I had problems with Syberia freezing up at various points, and I have never experienced a problem with any of the 10 or so Nancy Drew games I have purchased from Big Fish.

posted in Westward III: Gold Rush on Jan 4, 09 11:28 PM
I couldn't touch the crate until one of my people had gone fishing in that pond and gotten rid of the fish that is swimming around the crate... didn't try dynamite, though... might have been faster.

posted in Westward III: Gold Rush on Jan 4, 09 9:33 PM
To get the winery, I think it is also important that you have at least two (maybe three?) wineries that are actually called "winery." I had three farms with grapes and three wineries built but still no wine in the general store. One of the wineries was called "winery" but the other two were called "sour grapes." I blew up one of them and built a new one to see if that mattered, and once the new winery was built (which was now a second "winery" instead of "sour grapes") I got the wine unlocked in the general store. Then for some reason it went away again later and I blew up the other "sour grapes" and replaced it with a third "winery" and it was back in the store again.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator