Posts created by RyeMcLaughlin

It crashes instantly for me. I have an Intel iMac with the ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics card. It's brand new. I am having quite a few issues with games on this machine.

edited to add

I had originally tried playing the game from the desktop. (I like to keep the games I am trying there.) It failed a couple of times.

Then I put it into a folder on the desktop and tried opening it there, and now it works! Couldn't tell you why. It wasn't even in the applications folder. Anyway the game isn't for me, but that is just my preference.

posted in Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets on Jan 3, 10 12:12 PM
happy554 wrote:Got past four tiles, got past pictures in the park, but now I can't swap the tiles on the stage pass in Chapter 2...

I had this problem with the game on a PPC Mac. The Intel Mac can do this mini game. Haven't gone further with the game.

posted in Hidden in Time: Mirror Mirror on Jan 1, 10 3:49 PM
I've installed both programs and the game still crashes instantly. I just got a new Mac with Snow Leopard and this is the 4th program that worked fine before and now doesn't.

Wonder how many I'll rack up before I'm done.

posted in Fairway Solitaire on Dec 28, 09 12:02 PM
I've reported this to CS, Unwell Mel doesn't work either. They both have the same developer, so hopefully it's an obvious fix.

I found out the problem lies not with the game itself, but with the files it creates to save your progress. One of those did not travel well. When I deleted the files which are located in the Users/Shared/Big Fish Vancouver folder, the game started. I have lost all my progress , but the game now seems to work.

posted in Fairway Solitaire on Dec 28, 09 11:59 AM
I've been playing a little everyday too. I really like it. CS said that they would pass the word along to the developer who I believe works here now, so I hope it is fixed soon. The other Grey Alien game has a similar issue.

As usual the CS rep was really nice. I still have it on my old computer so as soon as I get a new monitor for it I will be able to play again, but I WANT THEM NOW!!!

I found out the problem lies not with the game itself, but with the files it creates to save your progress. One of those did not travel well. When I deleted the files which are located in the Users/Shared/Big Fish Vancouver folder, the game started. I have lost all my progress , but the game now seems to work.

posted in Unwell Mel™ on Dec 28, 09 11:54 AM
I have been playing this game without problems on my PPC Mac. Got a new iMac and this and Fairway Solitaire do not work! I have contacted CS, and they are going to pass the word along, so I hope it's a quick fix. I believe that the programmer works for now. I hope that makes things easier.

posted in Unwell Mel™ on Dec 27, 09 9:10 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be compatible with Snow Leopard. It worked great on my old PPC and now that I have upgraded to an Intel iMac both it and Fairway Solitaire no longer work. I'll be contacting Customer Service tomorrow, but it's just so frustrating.

posted in Fairway Solitaire on Dec 27, 09 6:13 PM
I have been playing this game for a while without a problem. I upgraded my computer from PPC to Intel and suddenly I am getting the bitmap error. I'll try Customer Service tomorrow. Hope it doesn't take to long to get through.

posted in Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets on Dec 26, 09 8:24 PM
As I posted in another thread, I had the same problem with the pass puzzle swap. I too had a Mac, a PPC. I have since upgraded to Intel, but of course had run out of time, so I don't know if it would have worked on the new one.

posted in Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets on Dec 26, 09 8:20 PM
I have had the same problem with the pass minigame in Chapter 2. I have a mac and am going to report it to CS.

posted in Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets on Dec 15, 09 2:38 PM
This is a light weight fun game. You can find all the extras, (stars, Gaby, clocks etc.) or just play it straight. It does have a timer, but you can ignore it if you want. The music is not annoying, the colors are bright and it is very upbeat. I'm not fond of celebrity gossip, but this is amusing as opposed to nasty.

The only problem is that the switching game in Task 9 in Chapter 2, doesn't work and you can't skip it. I have a PPC Mac, so that is probably the problem.

posted in Fizzball on Dec 14, 09 6:11 PM
I downloaded the demo, but wasn't expecting much. It's actually very good. I decided to buy it after only 10 minutes. It's harder than it looks, if only because all the action on the screen is so distracting. The animations are funny, there are lots of power ups and it's different. Kind of a cross between Katamari Damacy and a traditional brick game. It's really entertaining.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 14, 09 7:12 AM
libragal22 wrote:

Has this happened to anyone else? If I delete the CE and reinstall--will my trophy's be back?

When you downloaded and started playing the $6.99 version, you wrote over the small file that keeps track of your progress. Unless somehow you backed up your computer before doing this, you have probably lost your achievements.

You might be able to recover the old file with help from someone who knows a lot about computers, but there is no guarantee. Try Googling "recovering deleted files".

BTW for all of you who are complaining about the differences between the two versions, how about us Mac people who can't play either!

posted in Hidden Wonders of the Depths on Dec 11, 09 5:43 AM
Others had the same problem. If you could get past that level you will discover that the snowflake doesn't work either. Contact Customer service . Tell them what operating system you use, what version of Quicktime, Shockwave and Flash that you use. This will prevent the usual "update all your programs" reply that they usually send first. I know this is a Mac PPC issue. Don't know about any other platform.

I got a coupon, but would have preferred a game that works.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace ™ on Dec 9, 09 4:39 PM
The exact same thing happened to me just now. I am going to search more through the forum to try and find an answer.

posted in Fishdom: Frosty Splash on Dec 7, 09 8:49 AM
While I usually prefer the timed option, I like being able to shut it off. Thanks to Px and the other programmers who actually listen to the players. Now if you could just get those Mac editions out?

posted in Steve the Sheriff 2: The Case of the Missing Thing ™ on Nov 28, 09 7:49 PM
yont_to wrote:My game steve the sheriff 2 froze up , the cursor moves and all the items have been found it just wont continue. I was in the bar after finding the match.

I had similar problems with the demo version of the game, so I never went any further. If you have purchased it, click on the green envelope in the lower right corner of the screen. Customer service here is wonderful. It's a holiday weekend, so it will probably take a few days for an answer.

MM MM Welcome to the Pond yont_to!!!

There are 1760 yards in a mile

posted in Valerie Porter and the Scarlet Scandal on Nov 9, 09 5:54 AM
I am playing the game on a Mac. I frequently have had problems with games, but not with this one. Try BFG's customer service. They are very nice, and much more useful than some of the other companies' .

posted in G.H.O.S.T. Hunters: The Haunting of Majesty Manor on Nov 7, 09 7:02 PM
I bought the game two years ago from another site. I tried playing it today and all I get is a black screen. I can hear the music though. I have a Mac PPC OS X 10.5.8.
I can quit with command Q. I tried the demo version from BFG and have the exact same problem.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator