Posts created by Joyfullady

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 26, 10 1:43 PM
Loved the game - we are planning on playing it again, will there be replay changes when finding hidden objects? When are you expecting the sequel?

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 21, 10 11:51 AM
Read chitchat about the new developer, checked forum, and then did the demo and immediately used a free game credit from last month. We are really enjoying the game, some puzzles easy, some not so easy, and a couple were simply pure luck! Most of the items are reasonable to locate - a few of the darker ones not so easy. No really small items (thank you - our older eyes can't take it.) We could hardly believe we've been playing for 3 hours until our stomachs started growling, so breaking now. The graphics are awesome and so is the storyline so far. Hint system is good and you can do a lot of clicking without punishment - another good thing with older eyes. Only thing we found strange is that the completed star will pop up in an area when it's not really complete. Not sure why, unless it's because you don't need the item until later. Oh and the red game icon in the game manager was a concern at first. See forum on this.

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 21, 10 11:27 AM
Shannygirl, did you try the option feature. We actually had to turn down the music volume and did up the voice volume. We are having a great time with the game. Have the little red box as well, but no problems so far - except a couple mini-games have us perplexed.

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 21, 10 8:54 AM
Welcome EOTD! Welcome Willie - can't wait to try this new game!

posted in Love Story: Letters from the Past on Feb 19, 10 12:21 PM
puzzledone wrote:"When will the developers learn that games are supposed
to be fun, not an eye exam. "

SUNNY Best line I ever read on game reviews!!

I have a 23" monitor so I can see small items but these items were even to small to locate with my eyes. It is ruining a perfectly wonderful game. It would also help if the little memory flipbacks stayed up long enough to view.

I can also tell that the designers are very young as they portray this woman as looking as if she's in her 90's. In reality I am of the Viet Nam era and married a couple years sooner then this woman. She was portrayed as just having graduated high school and marrying this would make her about 60. Guess they forgot to teach history in their high school. The home's motiff reminds mom of the styles of the 50's. Little things do count - no matter how good the storyline is.

In the meantime we'll just keep on clicking until we find something. LOL!

posted in Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd on Feb 15, 10 7:26 AM
We just finished the game and I guess I'm going to go against the grain of most. It's not a game I would care to revisit. Perhaps the doom and gloom and darkness of the game - both graphically and storyline. The junkpiles did not make sense and items were not sized in a proper prospective with each other to be found. Much of the hidden object's were blurred. It would have been better to find an object you needed. It was good to have a variety of buildings to go through and to have to find objects to match up. The only humourous things were the inspector's comments and the cut-scenes - gave us quite a laugh! I much preferred Steve the Sheriff, Mushrooms and Madam Fate to this game. I suppose I was even more dissapointed because of all the hype given for the game.

posted in Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown ™ on Feb 6, 10 7:44 PM
Demo'd this one because of some negative comments and found them totally unfounded. Purchased game for the DD of $2.99 today and love it. The varied PDA items makes it unique and so many places to visit. Our old eyes were able to locate most items and had no technical problems. Some of the longer dialogs didn't stay up quite long enough to finish reading. You can opt out of the dialogs. Found the mini games to be just the right enough of challenge - but not overwhelming like Azada! Finally on Azada 2!

posted in Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown ™ on Feb 6, 10 7:02 PM
Mother and I are enjoying the game. Has an interesting storyline, the ****'s have just the right amount of difficulty for our older eyes. The PDA seemed like it would be difficult but the instructions were easy and we enjoyed having a variety of things to do in each portal. I'm glad I read the tread so we understood you don't click on the portal (or you get the same portal) to begin the game each time. Much more fun and far less tedious then the Hollywood one we just finished. for $2.99. Only complaint is the dialogs do not stay on long enough for us to read them. Would have been nice with some voices.

posted in Neptune's Secret on Jan 17, 10 4:38 AM
Ok - I'm spoiled MCF, Drawn, Princess Isabella, Mushrooms, etc. This is a GOGI Game but I'm not sure what they were thinking in releasing a game of this poor quality in 2009. Very reminiscent of very early HOG games when you'd die to get something like this. It was about a 53 KB download for trial.

It has a storyline and a narrator which wasn't a bad start. You have a task to discover who you are and help Zeus. There is a map to follow your journey, but so far you can't make a choice of where you are going. Poor graphics make it difficult for my eyes to find items. I'm sure there are those who enjoy finding items when given a list of shadow items, I don't. You have to find gems each play to fill a hint in your necklace. Gems do sparkle - otherwise you'd never realize they were gems.There is a meter that goes up and down when you fast click and dims the room if you click to fast or to many times. I only got to the fish market (third scene) twenty minutes in before deleting, sorry; for myself it is not worth $2.99. The one hope is it might get better and if so I apologize for my review.

posted in Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse on Jan 10, 10 8:07 AM
Just finished the game - the fairy became less annoying as we went along. Became quite fun. At first you think there isn't much to the game because you can get through several of the paintings quite quickly early on. Really fools you - I thought at first oh hum this will be a quick play and I'll shelf it. Definitely not so a lot more then you would think! Puzzles were clever and the fairy actually was a help.

The graphics were beautiful and so many different rooms and scenes made it really something to look forward to see what the next scene would be. Glad there was the map - truly helped. We only skipped the marble game after trying for 30 minutes to knock them out. Definitely glad we purchased this one - so many things to do that replay will be nice. Only real complaint is the small items and smallness of some puzzles - need to put in a magnifier similar to Flux Family. The dark scenes were a little difficult for my eyes but you could quickly find the potion or evil and the room became bright and beautiful. Only had to use the walkthrough w/pictures a couple times.

posted in Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect on Jan 9, 10 11:47 AM
Excellent game! The magnifier was so helpful to these tired eyes! Can't wait for the sequel. The second time around is again challenging.

posted in Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse on Jan 9, 10 6:36 AM
Definitely Flux Family - we are enjoying it far more than this game. Here items are very small - dark - but in Flux Family you have a wonderful magnifier, fun mini games. Just hard enough. All the Case Mystery Files - especially Madam Fate and the Treasure Seekers both of them are great games.

posted in Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse on Jan 9, 10 6:29 AM
THANKS BF FOR FIXING THE PROBLEM - KNEW YOU'D DO IT.

posted in Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse on Jan 3, 10 11:37 AM
Gee - too bad I didn't read the rest of the forum comments before purchasing this one. I'm having the same problem and have Vista 64 - nothing works. Hmmm do I wait for BF to fix the problem since the game was only $4.19 or do I get a game credit. Probably worth the wait. I'm also having major crash problems with Drawn. When the tech notifies me about it, I'll let them know about this one as well. May actually be a similar problem regarding Vista.

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Jan 2, 10 12:21 PM
Note this not just a MAC problem - I have Vista on PC and I'm having the same problem!

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Jan 2, 10 12:16 PM
Glad I checked this out, I have Vista on PC and did not have a problem leaving the catwalk and going down to the painting that needs repaired. The thread repaired it but then my screen started bouncing all over and so did the mouse. I finally was able to restart but came here to see if it was a game problem or my computer. Guess I'm off to tech support - drat - we were really enjoying this game so I really would prefer a fix to a new game.

posted in Mushroom Age on Dec 21, 09 6:36 AM
DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO PLAY THIS GAME are my very first thoughts. They are impressionable and will not understand a lot of the blastemous humor in the game and the mockery of various religions and beliefs from Christiantiy, Scientology, Witchcraft, Evolutionist, Druids etc. It would be very confusing for them.

Pros - The humor in the characters was great - some hysterically funny. The various graphics and time elements (although not always historically correct) was good for entertainment, which is why I purchase a game. I loved popping back and forth in time. Most of the items to find and games have been reasonably but not overwhelmingly challenging. Unlimited hints is great even though I rarely have had to use them so far. Except for certain areas I'm really enjoying the game for the fun element, characters and creatures alike and the dino is marvelous.

Cons - the creators were either extremely ignorant of history, various religious beliefs or simply thought it would be funny to poke fun at the various faiths and beliefs of others. I didn't find this part of the game amusing and feel it was totally and absolutely unnecessary - they had a great idea going, which I would like to see developed more in another game.

Not being able to save the game at any point was difficult, especially if you could not stay awake any longer and were in the middle of solving a puzzle.

There was some talk in the forum about the massage - that is a matter of perception. He was not nude and major parts were covered and you were not asked to massage anything unseemly. I've seen worse and more in some of the cartoon characters today and in commercials. In that time period massages would have been accepted practice - just like some of the nude statutes. But label it for adults and not children as the massage was not something for that age group.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 18, 09 8:07 PM
I played with my 82 year old mother and we really enjoyed the game, it was a bit shorter than expected and the mini games were fairly easy to figure out compared to Return to Ravenwood and Madam Fate. Some of the hidden objects were difficult for us with older eyes but manageable. We only had to use a clue twice which was surprising and only once did we have to use the walk through to figure out how to play one of the games. We figured out there were two walk throughs so haven't been disappointed about what we missed with the collector's edition - I wished we could have afforded it for the morphs and for the trap door area which we saw in the clue video at the end. We didn't realize it was from the CE until we searched for a half hour for it and went back to review the tape and noticed the tape name. $6.99 for four good hours of entertainment for two people is fairly cheap these days! Graphics were great - loved the wolf! I think the bone should have been included in your inventory to do something. Personally, the tapes didn't do that much for us and were a distraction rather than a help aide except for the one where it is a clue. Making extra uses of some of the rooms would have extended the game longer. Overall 4 stars out of 5. RR and MF and Azada still get 5! Oh - and the snowshoes - we finally decided that was how the detective left the area after solving the mystery game! Hey - I'm a Starfish and not a Seahorse any more! Love the purple!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 18, 09 7:56 PM
SOOOO glad I checked out the forum on the snowshoes. Mom and I went through the walk through about six times trying to figure out where to use them - we finally decided that was how the detective left the area at the end of the game!

posted in Fairway Solitaire on Dec 10, 09 7:06 AM
This was one of the first games I purchased when I joined BFG last year and I love the game! I think mine was the new version already so I have not had any problems at all with it. Encourage everyone hasn't added it to their game collection to ad it - especially since it's at 2.99! Well worth it for triple the price!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator