Posts created by RainbowExplorer

posted in The Tale of The Lost Bride and A Hidden Treasure on Apr 19, 11 2:10 AM
Try clicking on the animals that are sitting in the boxes on the left hand side of the game. They will give you tips as to what you should do, if you are stuck. They act as coaches, throughout the game, though different animals/characters pop in and out of those boxes, as the game moves forward.

BTW, for those who were wondering, there are no dragon slayings, nor any violence of any kind, within this game, It is mostly a HOG game, however, there are puzzles and a few other types of games, mixed into it. There are adorable "collector" postcards, as well as, a number of other types of rewards, built into the game.

It would absolutely be too difficult, for younger kids to do alone. Some older kids might be able to play it, but since a number of adults had difficulties (including myself - I had to replay three different sections, as I "timed out" - which I didn't really mind, because I knew where everything was, the second time, so could zoom through the process quickly, during the replay), I'm not so certain that some older kids wouldn't have a lot of troubles, as well, especially when they have to find something like a gnu (how many people, of any age, in this country know what THAT is?!?!?!?).

All in all, it was delightful fun and I really enjoyed this type of "Fairy Tale"! Enjoy, Fishies!

posted in The Tale of The Lost Bride and A Hidden Treasure on Apr 18, 11 9:26 PM
This is one of the most beautiful, calming, charming, lovely games I've encountered here (right next to the Awakening Games!). To me, it is not strictly a "children's" story, but was definitely a fairy tale. Unfortunately, the past dozen or so games I have trialed/demoed (including this one!), have started the game part way through the beginning, instead of right from the very beginning - thus leaving out the "Options", "Rules/Help", "Credits", "Profile", and all other sections of the game. When I force the game to go back to the beginning and explain the whole thing to me, then the story makes sense and I can go about playing it, as it was meant to be played. However, I end up wasting a whole lot of my demo time having to restart the game, like that.

The characters are charming, though it's a bit confusing to know why so many characters are allowed to talk and explain various parts of the story, or why one can change one's "character" from one animal to another, throughout the story. It's a highly creative, imaginative game, something most adults don't treasure, but children often do. I loved its similarity to "The Wind In the Willows" books and other books of that genre - very British and lovely.

What a welcomed break from all of the grisly, gory, gruesome dark-themed stories that have run amuck, on BFG! I'll happily take a silly dragon ANY day, over a cannibalistic dwarf or a predatory vampire! This story is a fun, interesting, unusual source of entertainment that I am buying with the hope that a sequel to it will arrive ASAP!

The music box music was especially delightful and I could listen to that ALONE, for endless hours, at a time!

posted in Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades on Apr 16, 11 3:48 PM
More perplexing SPOILERS, continued from my posting above (highlight to see them):

Why did the townspeople think that the Countess had been dead for years, when there was obviously no body observed and no funeral created/attended? Why did the evil dwarf suddenly start roaming around the town, looking for body parts, when he clearly had a sufficient number of these, already in place, back at the mansion? Why didn't the actress who was thrown to her death, have any of her organs removed? Why would anyone have a "summer house" across the river/lake from their "regular house"? Why were we only allowed to enter/explore one room in the Countess' summer house, though we were allowed to see several lights turning on and off, in other rooms of that building?

This game forces you to give a fake mirror to the Countess, when she revives, in order to fool her into believing that she has magically regained her youth, as the evil dwarf promised. I was so morally opposed to such a grand lie, that I refused to make the fake mirror, skipped it (so the computer had to make it), then gave it to her, just to see what would happen. A false mirror was a STUPID solution/action, from my perspective, for the Inspector to EVER do! As an RN, I know better than to lie to patients about their true condition. The Countess IS going to figure out, eventually, that the Inspector lied to her. THEN, who is she going to trust and just how lethal a shock will THAT discovery be, when she DOES eventually make it?!?!?

In my opinion, the Inspector should have never used that hideous machine and just let the old woman die a normal, natural death! There was no reason for him to artificially sustain her life, via that sick, experimental machine! Nor did he have any business playing a "game to the death" with that evil dwarf, IMHO!

As far as I'm concerned, this game had a horrific ending that was deeply disappointing, answered very few questions about anything the Inspector had encountered (including the supposed "curse"), and left those of us playing the standard edition, abruptly hanging, without any genuine sense of closure to this game. The evil dwarf's closing behaviors reminded me of Rumpelstitskin's, only they made less sense. If a "Part 2" of this story comes out, I will be SURE to MISS it!

posted in Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades on Apr 16, 11 3:30 PM
For the most part, I liked the game, until the last 15 - 20% of it, or so. There, it brought up one ethical issue after another, that I have had to deal with regularly, as a clinical RN, for more than 25 years, and blew them off, with the Inspector acting nearly as unethically as every other person in the story (from my point of view!). I detested the moral/ethical decisions that were made, as they seemed completely unnecessary, detracted from the game, and left countless "loose ends" just hanging, with a very abrupt ending to the story! As someone else said, it was difficult to know, from moment to moment, what the Inspector's true priorities and intentions were.

While I played the Standard Edition, several others who played the Collector's Edition have indicated, elsewhere, that the foggy area, at the front of the mansion, was a doorway, but only in the CE. Therefore, it served no purpose whatsoever, except to confuse those of us playing the SE. From my perspective, there were several of those topics/events, that the gamer was "teased" with, but no explanations were given regarding them, at any point in the game (see SPOILERS below):

Spoilers (highlight to see): Exactly what was the point of having the second mute/frightened dwarf, who hung out grunting and acting like an animal, out in the shed? Why the big deal about the raven being possessive about the well and why bother feeding it to get it to go away? How could that small dwarf have single-handedly lifted and carried around so many dead full-grown adults? Why and how did the evil dwarf manage to remove all of the flesh off of the person in town, just in time for just to see the skeleton walking around, then collapsing onto the ground?

If the Inspector was truly in such a hurry to "save" Despareau, then why did he bother to saw off the head of the front door statue? Since the Inspector had a ladder in his possession, why didn't he use it to climb up to the second story window at the very end of the right wing of the mansion? Instead, he used it to climb up to the attic of the stable and still, somehow manage to let the evil dwarf escape. He never does make it to the second story of the right wing of the mansion, throughout the entire story, though that is the only observable light on, in the entire mansion, from the front of the house!

To be continued in the next posting...

posted in Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades on Apr 16, 11 2:52 PM
The game forces you to give the fake mirror to the Countess, when she revives, in order to fool her into believing that she has magically regained her youth, as the evil dwarf promised. I was so morally opposed to such a grand lie, that I refused to make the fake mirror, skipped it (so the computer had to make it), then handed it to her. This was a STUPID solution/action, from my perspective, for the Inspector to EVER do! As an RN, I know better than to lie to patients about their true condition. The Countess IS going to figure out, eventually, that the Inspector lied to her. THEN, who is she going to trust and just how lethal a shock will THAT discovery be, when she DOES eventually make it?!?!?

In my opinion, the Inspector should have never used that hideous machine and just let the old woman die a normal, natural death! There was no reason for him to artificially sustain her life, via that sick, experimental machine! As far as I'm concerned, this game had a horrific ending that was deeply disappointing, answered very few questions about anything the Inspector had encountered (including the supposed "curse"), and left those of use playing the standard edition, abruptly hanging, without any genuine sense of closure to this game. If a "Part 2" of this story comes out, I will be SURE to MISS it!

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Mar 25, 11 12:55 AM
Well, I DID "chat" with Customer Service again, yesterday. They had me run a Dr. Felix report on my computer. Apparently everything was fine with my computer, except that my video card function was questionable. Thus, they gave me explicit instructions in how to update my Nvidia Video Card (I didn't know that video cards were something that required updating - learned something new).

Now the game is playing PERFECTLY, for me! WAHOOO!!!! Customer Service staff kept offering me replacement coupons, but I didn't want them, as this game looked so good, I wanted to do everthing possible to be able to PLAY this game and keep it, if I could. I'm glad I made the choices I did. I'm enjoying the game very much and the music (at least at the beginning) is totally LOVELY, now that my video card has been updated - completely unlike the constant pounding and thudding, it was doing before. All of the shaking and jerking movements, along with cursor chaotic movements, have been completely resolved.

Just an FYI, for anyone else who may encounter those problems, with this game or any others. Best wishes to all in the pond!

Rainbow Explorer

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Mar 24, 11 7:47 AM
I bought this game at the end of November 2010, after playing the trial demo without difficulty. Ever since I purchased it, however, the entire game has been a nightmare. From the very moment I start to get contact with the game's images, there is non-stop shaking, jerking, shuddering, and pounding (from the music/sound), regardless of how many times I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled it. My cursor is completely uncontrollable, zooming anywhere it feels like going, all over the screen, in time to the pounding of the music. It makes clicking on any object a task that takes several minutes, instead of a couple of seconds.

I've had "chats" (via Live Chat) with Customer Service about this issue (they state that they are unaware of this game having "technical difficulties"), but now that I've read what's been going on here, I realize the issue is not only my own, but something that many others have had to deal with, as well. I've purchased over 120 games from BFG and NEVER had a single game act like this, before. I have a PC with Windows XP, 3rd edition, plenty of memory and a wonderful video card, so those are not the issue.

The game's manufacturer MUST know that this game is highly defective. Apparently, one update/correction has already been made to the game. I believe at least one more MAJOR one needs to be created, as well! I put it into "Window" mode tonight, at it was obvious to me, that the whole thing would be more manageable if I could use my own cursor, rather than using their special one. However, I cannot opt to use my own cursor and had to put it back into "Full Screen" mode, because I couldn't read the lists, during the HOG events. I'm so frustrated I could scream, but that wouldn't accomplish anything. I'll be "chatting" with Customer Service AGAIN, in the morning!

posted in Soul Journey on Mar 2, 11 8:32 PM
Nearly every time I use the little "garbage cans" on the Game Manager, they never fully delete any game I have either trialed or purchased. Thus, I have learned to completely delete games, by going to my Control Panel, Clicking on the Add/Remove Programs feature, and deleting all of my Game Manager games, that way, instead.

Having said that, it's a relief to hear that I wasn't the only person who had problems with the game taking AGES to load. It looks exactly like the type of game I would LOVE to play, however, I didn't get enough "play time", during my trial period, to get to be any character other than the dog. I worried about how I was going to get the battery cover, on the back of the TV remote control device off, but that action happened "magically", while removing the batteries from the flashlight, involved breaking the flashlight. I got lost with that kind of logic, or lack thereof.

I'm just going to put the whole subject "on the back burner", for now. I have lots of free coupons to use, but I don't want to waste them on a game I'm going to spend an excessive number of hours playing, because it loads so slowly. I'm upgrading the memory on my computer, so that will probably help, eventually. I LOVED the concept of the game, however! GREAT TOPIC to explore, via a game mode!

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Feb 27, 11 4:09 AM
It made really good sense, to me. Have you enlarged the photos, in the Strategy Guide, so that you are SURE as to what parts the SG is referring to? Also, it is ESSENTIAL that you use and check the MAP, frequently. Best wishes!

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Feb 27, 11 4:04 AM
You're welcome!

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Feb 25, 11 6:46 PM
You have to play the blue puzzle (as you're overlooking the city). The puzzle will give you a sickle, so that you can cut down the vines that cover the door. After you enter the door, you'll have several tasks to do, including 3 HOGs (I believe), then you'll be sent back to the log, to collect the pieces for the fishing net.

Do you not have access to the Strategy Guide? All of this is very well explained, both in words and with visual images, using the Strategy Guide AND by using the map (which will show you where you are and where all of the HOGs are). You can't miss anything important, if you frequently check the map and/or the SG (if needed). This is assuming you are playing in the "regular" mode and NOT the HARD mode.

Good fishing and swimming to all of you!

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Feb 25, 11 6:36 PM
Dry Eye Syndrome is a common problem with office workers and others who stare at computers for hours (like gamers). When one stares at something, one stops blinking as often, thus, the eyes dry out, get red, and HURT! I've spent the past 10 months seeing my opthamologist, on a monthly basis, about this condition, as my dry eyes are primarily due to have a thyroid autoimmune disorder, called Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.

Playing computer games for many hours, on top of my eyes already being dry from my Thyroid-Related eye disease, just makes my vision and eye pain issues worse, for me. Extra-lubricating, over-the-counter eyedrops are what my opthamologist has prescribed, for me, along with some prescription steroid eyedrops. There are several opthamologist's websites that have suggetions of things you can do to make your lengthy computer use, less taxing on your eyes, or you might want to discuss your symptoms with your MD, just in case you have an underlying medical disorders (like I do, with my thyroid disease), that may be contributing to you eye/vision problems.

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Feb 25, 11 5:53 PM
Thank you, Drgnlady!

THAT was exactly the information I needed. Having spent endless hours trying to finish those other two Blue Tea Bag games, without success (just CAN'T make my hands or eyes go any faster than they do!), I just couldn't BEAR to go through that whole "routine" again. I did a "chat" with the BFG Customer Service staff, but no one there knew whether there were any NONSKIPPABLE puzzles, in this new game, or not (which I found surprising, but I guess they've been too busy working, to be able to play it).

Since I NEVER play ANY games on HARD mode, I'm sure I'll be just fine, thanks to your report!

Merci beaucoup!

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Feb 25, 11 5:46 PM
Eventually, I feel certain that BFG staff will HAVE to put out a Walkthrough for this game. It's too difficult a game for many of us to be able to play, without one. Fortunately, the CE Strategy Guide was available to "walk me through" the one hour I was able to play. Otherwise, I, too, probably wouldn't have gotten through the first chapter.

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Feb 25, 11 5:40 PM
I got all of the pieces to the fishing net when I did the SECOND HOG, in the sparkling log (by the torn maroon fabric on a stick). Several of the HOG areas, in this game, are used as HOG sites twice or more. Best wishes!

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Feb 25, 11 5:15 PM
Hi Everyone!

I played the trial version of this game yesterday and LOVED IT! However, I noticed right away, that the game is manufactured by Blue Tea Bag Company. This company is the same one that made Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose and Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower .

The reason the Blue Tea Bag Company logo sticks out so clearly in MY mind, is that the two previous games I have purchased from BFG, which were made by that company, were games I was not able to finish. In the FINAL SCENES, of the above two games, right before the end of the story, the game player is FORCED to play a NONSKIPPABLE puzzle game, which is based ENTIRELY on speed, rather than logic, strategy, or anything else. Unfortunately, my hand/eye coordination are not refined enough for me to be able to finish either of these two NONSKIPPABLE puzzles - thus, I have never been able to finish these two games, which I have really enjoyed!

Before I buy yet ANOTHER wonderful game that I cannot finish, I would like to know if the Blue Tea Bag Company put any NONSKIPPABLE puzzles into THIS game, especially near the end of the game. I'm not about to pay for one more game that leaves me as sad and frustrated, as the two listed above did. I'd appreciate any feedback you could give me.

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai on Feb 2, 11 8:10 AM
This is not the type of message I have EVER left on a message board, neither here at BFG, nor anywhere else. However, having played approximately 80% of this game, so far (tonight), I feel it is my ethical obligation, as an elementary school teacher and pediatric mental health RN, to FORWARN any parents who may consider purchasing this game for one of more of their children.

IF I were a computer game "rater", (which I am NOT), I would label this game with a PG-13 Parental Guideline Rating. While the game designers did an EXCELLENT JOB of presenting a storyline, from an exotic culture - quite different from our own - (probably East Indian, from all of the clues I saw through it, though they never state specifically), they address issues that are highly emotionally charged - IN OUR CULTURE - though they are NOT necessarily subjects that are as intensely difficult to discuss, in OTHER CULTURES.

The topics of "white magic", "black magic", "the occult", "evil", "sorcery", "magic herbs", "spirit shifting" "snake temples", etc. are just a few of the many subjects that arise time and time, again, in this game, though NOT necessarily, during YOUR FIRST HOUR OF PLAY TIME.

These topics grow increasingly more intense, over time, though are handled in an Eastern culturally appropriate manner. Many less educated and poorer cultures, believe strongly in what people within OUR CULTURE view as "superstitions", "old wive's tales", and "myths". The use of Western, modern healthcare practices, based on SCIENCE, (in our culture), rather than "witch doctors" or sorcerors, or "magic potions, amulets, herbs, rituals, etc.", doesn't make this story/game worthless or meaningless.

IF discussed, in an open-minded, non-judgmental, supportive environment (e.g., with parents, teachers, and others familar with adolescent identity issues), most teenagers with be comfortably able to deal with the variations in lifestyles, dress, food, language, beliefs, practices, housing, furnishings, etc., that this "adventure" into a ancient/exotic world, will provide for all who play it.

Just think of "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" movie, as a guide.

posted in Lost Realms: Legacy of the Sun Princess on Jan 31, 11 5:24 AM
Dear bfgDonau,

Though I've had this game for several months, tonight was the first time I ever attempted to play it. Like every other person on this thread (as well as SEVERAL other threads, in this Forum), I got to the end of the game, completed the slider and crown recreation "mini-games", THEN had the "usual" computer "ERROR" code appear, crashing my computer, and keeping me from viewing the final few moments of the game.

I believe NO ONE AT BFG has PLAYED THIS GAME ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO THE END OF THE GAME!!! As NO ONE ON STAFF at BFG has written a "Walkthrough" for it (though I DID find one on [removed by moderator]), it justifies, my belief, that none of the staff, at BFG, obviously CARES WHAT THIS GAME DOES OR DOES NOT CONTAIN!!!!

At the end of the [removed by moderator]"Walkthrough", the author there, made NO REFERENCES WHATSOEVER, as to what to do, AFTER THE KING'S CROWN mini-game, has been completed. THIS SUGGESTS TO ME, that the [removed by moderator] staff never bothered to ACTUALLY PLAY the game, EITHER, which is why NONE OF THEIR STAFF APPEAR TO KNOW OF THE TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES THAT CONSISTENTLY SHOW UP, AT THE VERY END OF THE GAME!!! My GUESS is that the [removed by moderator] staff simply copied their "Walkthrough" from something the game manufacturer SENT TO THEM.

Since SO MANY OF US are having the IDENTICAL PROBLEM, with the SAME GAME, at the same PLACE in that game, it indicates,TO ME, that the GAME has a serious TECHNICAL FLAW, that CANNOT be "fixed", by any of us "fooling around" with our own computers!

BFG STAFF - PLEASE GET THIS PROBLEM REPAIRED, BY THE MANUFACTURER OR CREDIT OUR ACCOUNTS FOR A NEW GAME!!!

Thank you!

Rainbow Explorer

posted in The Search for Amelia Earhart on Jan 29, 11 9:27 AM
The only technical issues I have encountered are that the lighting is WAY TOO BRIGHT/LIGHT, making many of the HOG searches nearly impossible to see or find. Also, there are numerous misspelled words. Not very professional, but I'm seeing this happen more and more, especially on games that are created by companies and designers who DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH AS A PRIMARY LANGUAGE! As an elementary school teacher, it drives me WILD, to see misspelled words and/or incorrect grammar, in computer games.

The company that made THIS particular game didn't have THAT many errors, but I HAVE found other games that contained SO MANY ENGLISH LITERACY ERRORS, that I've contacted the manufacturing company, myself, to complain. Many of them do not choose to employ copy editors, who speak English as a NATIVE LANGUAGE, to examine their computer games' language usage for needed corrections - BEFORE they send the games out to be sold. It's a GROSSLY UNPROFESSIONAL PRACTICE, in my opinion, to skip basic tasks like that, but not something that BFG is responsible for.

The Russian/Eastern European companies seem to have the most trouble with this practice - with a few of the Oriental companies, following closely behind. Just an FYI!

posted in Kingdom of Seven Seals on Jan 26, 11 6:35 PM
VTCT wrote:I have tried several different areas to find some answer & ask question but get no results. I am putting this game on back burner until a walkthrough is put out.

I have played several dozen HOG and Adventure Games, but I've never encountered one without ANY initial instructions, of ANY SORT, before. This one doesn't even use any twinkling lights to hint at where a person should START moving or doing SOMETHING! As I have played countless DIFFICULT games before, I assumed I would be considered an "intermediate" player, with this game.

However, since I can't figure out HOW to leave the castle, summon the fairy, and/or READ the fairy's words as fast as she is SPEAKING THEM (thus I missed most of her instructions - let alone figure out what the circles on the lower two corners are for!), it's clear I'm going to have to start all over again, with a different profile name, set on the EASIEST play level possible!

If THAT strategy doesn't work, I, TOO, will be putting THIS GAME "on the back burner", until a "walkthrough" is created for it. While the pictures may LOOK like dopey Ken & Barbie doll images, the game itself is certainly NOT child's play!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator