Posts created by Pertigal

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition on Nov 4, 17 6:46 AM
Oh dear, you are right. Too many windows open at once!

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition on Nov 4, 17 5:42 AM
I am on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I'm in the Extras in Collections trying to find the owls I missed and it freezes up and won't let me continue.

posted in Gnomes Garden: Halloween on Oct 29, 17 1:56 PM
I'm trying to figure that out myself

posted in Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition on Sep 10, 17 6:55 AM
I too have played all the Moai games. This one is certainly more difficult right from the beginning. And I also disliked lighting the fires in the right order as it was random. But it was only one level. I have a bad habit of skipping the tutorial and clicking through the talking in the beginning, but very often that "talking" includes the instructions I desperately need later! They have made it very hard to get gold on some of these, for sure, but I know I will be playing for weeks and will get my money's worth!

posted in Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition on Sep 7, 17 4:49 PM
Thank you MSBAM100, that worked for me.

I enjoyed this game and particularly the stirring music, a nice change of pace. Yes, they could have provided better direction on some of the mini-games but it wasn't that hard to figure out. The artwork was wonderful and appropriate to the theme. And yes, it is different from the same old thing we've been getting. I had no problem customizing the controls to my specifications....goodbye glints and sparkles. I don't care for horror games but I don't need all my games to be pretty either. I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the game holds in store.

posted in Queen's Quest III: End of Dawn Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 17 6:18 AM
I like this game. I had no problem with the potion. I think this game does a little less hand holding and is good for those who like to do a little discovering on their own.

Just finished playing. It's one of those where you have to solve puzzles while the bad guy is attacking you, which always distracts me. Other than that, I liked it. It wasn't as predictable as some games can be, the artwork was nice. A few little language glitches but nothing that seriously affected play. A nice way to spend an afternoon!

I have all the other Elven Legend games and was happy to see a new one. After playing a few rounds, however, I am frustrated. There is way too much hand-holding and no way out of the tutorial that I could find. Very annoying.

Under bonus play, the guide had chapter 10 and chapter 11. This is misleading. I believe the bonus chapter is actually two chapters. And there is no separate bonus game. But of course once you have completed the bonus game, it's hard to access the guide to double check!

There is a tool on the lower right that makes all buildings produce resources right away (if you've picked up the last resource). I thought it looked more like a tied sack than a cloak but I suppose it looks more like a cloak than anything else.You "win" this by helping someone so it's not on the earlier levels.

I've seen so many games ruined when the developers tried to "improve" it. I don't mind that it's more of the same. Yes, it can be a little repetitive, but it is challenging as you get further along and you get your money's worth in play. I didn't even realize there were collectibles! That's what I get for skipping the tutorial. Guess I'll have to play again!

posted in Slingo Quest on Aug 23, 16 1:30 PM
This is a very addictive game. My back and shoulder are killing me because I have not stopped playing since I got it. There are two modes: quest and classic. Some of the more complex ones in quest can be hard to do quickly but most are fine and the numbers are nice and big. It's a real challenge to try to get five stars on all of them but I think my elbow will give out before that happens, lol. I had no issues loading this and recommend it to anyone who likes bingo.

I believe collecting the morphing objects allows you to see the parables and you cannot go back at the end to do so if you missed them. BAD

This game could have been much improved with some minor adjustments.

I'm not that old and corrected my vision is perfect, but finding those acorns was nigh impossible in many cases. The general story line is not bad, but we never find out why the "baddie" committed the crime and I think things like that really add to the story and help you generate the proper feeling towards the character (if you're one who pays attention to the story).

Many of the puzzles lacked sufficient instructions. I don't want to have to go to the strategy guide just to know how to play.

I did like the fragmented HOPs; they are one of the main reasons I enjoy Dark Parables. And those items are always very pretty and creative (though not as mind-blowing as the originals). The music was also very nice.

You also can't go back to look for morphing objects you missed which means you don't get to read the parables. I like to focus on the game and then go back and look for any collectibles that didn't jump out at me. They are a distraction to the story line. I shouldn't have to play the game again to search for them. They do let you search for the acorns but that doesn't "get" you anything.

All in all, it's a decent game but not an exceptional one. Still waiting for one as wonderful as Red Riding Hood.

posted in Darkness and Flame: Born of Fire Collector's Edition on Jul 2, 16 2:09 PM
You need to do something else to the pot area before you put the mineral in.

posted in Darkness and Flame: Born of Fire Collector's Edition on Jul 2, 16 10:22 AM
argh, never mind, figured it out!

posted in Darkness and Flame: Born of Fire Collector's Edition on Jul 2, 16 10:21 AM
I have the mineral and the hint tells me to drop it in the big pot with green liquid....but it won't let me. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

posted in 7 Roses: A Darkness Rises on Jun 22, 16 1:44 PM
Yes, it's an older game but I enjoyed it. It was, however, shorter than what we're accustomed to.

posted in Cadenza: Havana Nights Collector's Edition on Mar 20, 16 4:45 PM
The Cadenza games still get my vote for best music! Love the tropical jazz (reminds me of my hometown Miami). Yes, it's supernatural but not exactly the same as last time and the settings and clues are all different. There's a new kind of game (not my thing though) for duplicating the music played that some will enjoy. I am disappointed to hear from earlier reviews that it is short, but will probably still purchase.

posted in Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween on Nov 12, 15 11:58 AM
I loved this game but it does seem to be missing a major chunk at the end, which is very disappointing. It is still worth playing, especially at Daily Deal price, but do be prepared for this.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator