Posts created by dogfish12

posted in Depths of Betrayal Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 12 4:20 PM
Beautiful graphics, great hint system (didn't ever use the SG) and I personally am tired of the endless "list" HOGS so I thought this was a nice adaptation and enjoyed it more than I have many games in quite some time.

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 18, 11 12:30 PM
Probably one of the best developed games to enter the arena in some time. Graphics are beautiful, and not too dark if one chooses to lighten the screen. Fantastic story, better-than-decent length, and as others have said more like a "now typical" CE than the SE it is. A few comments to the devs-recall that many of us are not spring chickens and be clear on the HOS; we don't cotton well to junk piles. The Hints could have been a bit more on target-I got the "explore the castle and the grounds" sort of thing too often. It does load slowly but as one who cut her teeth on 7th guest and similar early games, it has a nostalgic feel and besides I do play these to relax-and I don't do timed games so the pause was ok. I did find that I needed to write down clues and rather enjoy that (not a big journal person) BUT would have appreciated knowing that from the start. Had just a few of the "hit-the-correct-pixel" moments even though I knew what needed to occur and so that also might be taken into consideration. I give this an A for entry into this sort of gaming and will most certainly look forward to future games from the dev.

posted in Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition on Nov 2, 11 4:04 PM
A lovely, relaxing and interesting game. HOGS are clear and those of us with old eyes appreciate that. Grand graphics. Decent length and worth the CE imo, and I have pretty much given up on the CE "glut"

posted in Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman on Oct 17, 11 8:42 AM
Fabulously beautiful game! (I just turned the music down as it is quite repetitive) A really great effort from ERS

posted in Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman on Oct 17, 11 8:41 AM
Fabulously beautiful game! (I just turned the music down as it is quite repetitive) A really great effort from ERS

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings on Oct 5, 11 11:19 AM
Beautiful, relaxing, more adventure, which is a plus for me. Like the "picture" hogs for a change up. Wouldn't pay for the CE.

posted in Allora and The Broken Portal on Oct 4, 11 9:08 AM
Lovely little relaxing game. Just could have done without the incessant arrows telling you where you can exit from the room, which was obvious. Other than that, great fun!

posted in Urban Legends: The Maze on Sep 21, 11 12:37 PM
Fabulous game (after i got it to work) This one ticks all the boxes and has great length to boot. Can't believe it is an SE. A keeper.

posted in Urban Legends: The Maze on Sep 21, 11 10:47 AM
plushmoon wrote:@dogfish12:
What update? Where?

The McAfee update as listed in the link above my message. It fixed the 30 seconds and you're outta here thing for me.

posted in Urban Legends: The Maze on Sep 20, 11 4:29 PM
Just did the update manually and the game WORKS! Yippee!

posted in Urban Legends: The Maze on Sep 20, 11 8:59 AM
I am so bummed. I have the same problem also-a minute or two and then I'm shut off. And this looks like a great game. Running on 7.

For me, this beats the last MCF and I am going to hide after saying that. Unlike many, I am not big into voiceovers, but these, as well as the music, are great. Actually was really startled in this one, which never happens. Love it. Always appreciate the map. Thank you so much!

posted in Sarah Maribu and the Lost World on Sep 1, 11 11:53 AM
I loved the picture HOG for a change and liked the graphics. If you need a good story, this isn't it.

posted in Written Legends: Nightmare at Sea on Aug 26, 11 3:03 PM
I am also stuck after placing the 3 rings on the skeleton and it says I need more. I can't find that to be so from the w/t. Help?

posted in Written Legends: Nightmare at Sea on Aug 26, 11 3:00 PM
The 3 vs 5 rings-I found all three and dropped them off as I found them and the w/t says I need three, but the screen tells me I need more and I cna't do anything else. Any suggestiions on what is the problem? Thanks. It appears to be the game itself?

posted in Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse on Aug 23, 11 3:50 PM
I really enjoyed this game-about 5 hours for me. The old school graphics were great and it is nice to have a game that is really AG and not primarily HOG. Worth the credit.

posted in Unsolved Mystery Club ®: Ancient Astronauts ® on Aug 18, 11 4:04 PM
The downside for me, is the sometime 'must-click-on-the-right-pixel' thing.

posted in Unsolved Mystery Club ®: Ancient Astronauts ® on Aug 18, 11 12:29 PM
Based on reviews, I waited for the SE and am glad I bought it. I find this a fun, different relaxing game. The graphics, imo, are great.

posted in Fallen Shadows on Aug 18, 11 11:17 AM
Bought it when it came out and am currently playing some of what I condsider the 'second tier' games and got to this today. Hmmm. Unlike many of you, I do find the intensely small HOG items irritating-maybe the old eyes and only a 15" monitor. Regardless, I love NOLA so I guess I will plod on through.

Yes, I will join you waiting to see the answers.....

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator