Posts created by Delta77

I have been able to reinstall games from purchase list that are no longer available. However, in some cases, I was not able to reinstall games from my purchase list. I contacted customer support and did get a replacement code.

So there is no yes or no answer to the question, because it depends on the reason why BF is no longer selling the game but at least you will be able to get something else in place of a game that is no longer able to be downloaded.

Thanks for the answer!

Does this CE have the usual strategy guide? I am asking cause the game page doesn't mention it as part of the game but does say "get the available strategy guide".

posted in Surface: Alone in the Mist Collector's Edition on Jun 4, 15 4:35 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Treasures of Rome on Mar 31, 15 5:16 PM
Well, BF has done it again - taking away Bonus Punch Monday. This is something that they definitely have the right to do but the way they operate is what really irks me. This is not the first time that they have done something like this, it is their way of conducting business and that is what I do not like.

If they had just put up a banner indicating that there has a been to change to the Punch Card/Bonus Punch program, then at least people would know before they hit the purchase to check something out. Without that, purchases were made and people felt ripped off which is understandable!

I remember the first time they did a buy one, get one free on CE's, I bought CE versions of games that I had SE's on thinking I would get a replacement code for the SE's because BF had that policy, When I requested the replacement code, I was informed that I couldn't get one cause the policy had changed and if you bought the CE at a discounted price, no replacement codes for upgrading from SE would be given. Another time, I used 4 PCC's on a bonus punch weekend, only to get no bonus punches because BF had changed their policy and was not giving bonus punches on purchases with a PCC. But did BF inform us in advance or only when they received complaints?

I have been thinking of cancelling my BF membership and this just brings me one step closer to doing that! (BTW, I have been a member foralmost 6 years and purchased over 800 games)

posted in Tales of Terror: House on the Hill on Jun 15, 14 7:42 PM
Keep up the good work!

It amazes me how some people don't have anything better to do than attack other people. I guess they never heard that if you can't say anything nice, say nothing.

I am also referring to when people have attacked reviewers in the past because they didn't like their style of writing or the length of their reviews. If I don't like a reviewer or their style or the length of the review, I don't read that review. I don't attack the reviewer because even if I don't like them there may be some people who like that reviewer. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

posted in Tales of Terror: House on the Hill on Jun 15, 14 6:16 PM
I like the idea of this thread. I generally have to base my purchase decisions on the reviews. So now I have to decided to purchase a game, if it comes in SE and CE versions I have to make a second decision. That is where a thread that pinpoints those differences is useful. One thing in particular that will make me purchase a CE over an SE is if the SE ending is not complete. Who wants to reread whole reviews of a game that you are just trying to decide which version to purchase?

posted in Farm to Fork on Feb 25, 14 2:05 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
Cookyville wrote:I know you will no longer get a punch if you use a game coupon

What is a game coupon?

There are game club credits (eligible for regular and bonus punches), customer service coupons (eligible for regular and bonus punches), punch card coupons (earned by filling a punch card and eligible for bonus punches only) and free game coupons (received in the mail or by other methods, usually have an expiration date, and eligible for regular and bonus punches).

I'm as annoyed as everybody else with the stealthy way the policy was changed, but using imprecise terminology and therefore possibly handing out incorrect information doesn't help anybody.

Will we still get one punch for a purchase with a customer service code; I would have thought that would be treated as a PCC. If we do get that punch for CS codes that would be nice!

posted in Farm to Fork on Feb 25, 14 2:01 PM
In many ways, this change of policy with no notice doesn't surprise me. It has happened before.

About 2 years ago, all of a sudden they stopped giving bonus punches with PCC purchases (but you did get your regular punch) with no notice given about this change in policy -- I noticed it when I didn't get my bonus punches, contacted CS and then was informed of the change in policy.

Then when they started with the Buy One, Get One I purchased CE versions of some games because that was a good deal because they had always said if you upgraded to a CE you could get a PCC for your original purchase. When I contacted CS to get those PCCs for those games I upgraded to CE, they told me there was a change in policy and if you purchased the CE at a discount you could no longer get a refund for the SE -- you now simply owned both games.

There have been other instances but I think this is enough to give you the idea. BFG is not good at communicating policy changes. Maybe they think we are too stupid to notice? They are entitled to change their policies but we are entitled to be notified in advance -- NOT AFTER THE FACT!

posted in Grim Tales: Bloody Mary Collector's Edition on Oct 26, 13 11:40 AM
I agree and also wish BF would allow some general forums. There are times when you want to discuss a type of game but not a specific game, what games are good to buy for a sale...etc. In other words, related to games but not a specific game. I think it would be much better if BF allowed those type of general forums.

Also, I miss the page that told you which forums had new activity. For example, no one may ever see this post unless they come into this forum!

posted in Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Collector's Edition on Sep 12, 13 8:30 PM
I got a reply from customer service about six hours ago that says they have fixed the problem so current purchases will be ok. Also they are working on fixing purchases that didn't register correctly; they hope to have that fixed soon.

Note: My purchase today went ok but yesterday's purchases are still not showing or credited on punch card and with three CEs that is important!

posted in Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Collector's Edition on Sep 12, 13 8:10 AM
Count me in too. For the three CEs that I purchased yesterday, I received no punches, did not get my PCC for a free game, and my punch card said December and was totally blank!

I contacted customer service about this.

posted in Imperial Island: Birth of an Empire on Aug 24, 13 2:26 PM
Lizzie, a letter to BFG customer service may work better than you think! Because according to information I saw online, BFG (or bd Studio) is the developer and publisher of this title!

BTW, I have not purchased title but was doing some research to see if worth purchasing since M3 is not my preferred type of game. One M3 game that I enjoy is Rainbow Web series; is this game something like that?

posted in Monument Builders: Titanic on Apr 4, 13 5:54 PM
I might have bought this game yesterday when it iwas the DD but for the fact that it would not run on my computer (Windows 7, 64 bit). I tried setting the compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 2 but it made no difference. When I tried to run the game, I had a black screen with an error box in the center saying "out of range". No point in buying a game that won't run.

posted in Crop Busters on Mar 27, 13 6:55 PM
I guess this means that developers should try to consider all points of view when producing a product.

I personally am not a big Match-3 fan but I have seen more posts from people who like Match-3's but dislike timed games. Yours is the first post in reverse but if developers had an optionn to choose between timed and untimed then everyone would be happy!

posted in Spirits of Mystery: The Dark Minotaur on Jan 26, 13 11:33 AM
As for the SE vs CE differences, I agree with twinsoniclab on that. That is something I have asked for several times. It is certainly helpful to know if the SE ending is complete or the bonus gameplay in the CE is needed to complete the story. A while ago I bought the SE version of a game, only to later out that you needed the CE version to find out how the game ended.

Twinsoniclab, one reviewer that I have noted that usually includes that information is gingergal (Thank you!).

Someone playing the CE can tell if the main game has a complete ending except for the few games where the bonus game is integrated into the main game; obviously in those cases it would be impossible.

For me, the main reason in buying a CE is the bonus game with the strategy guide second; the other extras are unimportant. And if the bonus game is short then it doesn't pay to pay twice as much when for the same amount of money I can get 2 complete games. But if the bonus game is necessary to the story, then that becomes a factor in whether or not to purchase the CE.

posted in Spirits of Mystery: The Dark Minotaur on Jan 26, 13 11:27 AM
I have never criticized any review publicly. If I don't like the review or the reviewer, I just ignore it. But since the mods began keeping a heavy hand on what is a review and removing many entries in the review thread, I am amazed that comments like the one I mentioned previously have not been removed. There is no way that type of comment "I like this type of game" or "I don't like this type of game" is a review; it is someone's opinion of the game type.

One of my favorite reviewers awhile ago, no longer writes any reviews and I believe the reason was criticism. Their reviews tended to be long, thorough and objective. They just told you what was in the game so you could decide for yourself. Usually concluding with a statement that I will/will not buy this game for that reason.

posted in Spirits of Mystery: The Dark Minotaur on Jan 25, 13 5:13 PM
But then why are comments like " I don't like this type of game" or "I like this type of game" considered reviews. In my opinion, that is not a game review. So perhaps the standards that moderators use to edit reviews needs some revision?

posted in Jigsaws Galore on Jan 22, 13 11:03 AM
Excellent jigsaw puzzle game. You can change the number of pieces per puzzle and/or the cut of the pieces and create your own puzzles. Additional packs are available on the developer's website -- both free and purchase. I bought this game when it first came to BFG and still play it. This is a steal at DD prices if you like jigsaw puzzles cause you will get many hours of play for $2.99!

posted in Reality Show: Fatal Shot Collector's Edition on Dec 20, 12 5:47 PM
Just a comment in general...

Shouldn't an HOG that has no HOS be called something else -- perhaps an adventure game?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator