Posts created by shelleyleo

posted in Youda Sushi Chef 2 on May 26, 14 4:37 PM
I'm having issues getting two women to even show up at my restaurant in the first minute or so. I've decided I'm probably going to have to ignore them entirely and let them walk out, but all I get at the start is male customers. I've done this one 10+ times for that one round and no luck. To get angry enough to leave on this level, they need to show up before I have less than a minute remaining on the clock, they always seem to show up at about 45 seconds before closing and only get to 2-3 dots before the 'day' is over.

I don't mind the extra goals so much, but I am really hating the ones to make customers mad/leave. That seems so counter-intuitive on restaurant type TM games.

posted in Sweet Kingdom: Enchanted Princess on Feb 26, 13 4:59 PM
Csustar wrote:
bfgMonongahela wrote:Hi Csustar,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the game display! Our Tech Support Team will be happy to take a look and see what adjustments can be made to get the full screen mode working with your monitor set up.

Thank you!

Like some of the other people here with multi-monitors, I do not want to go in and change settings when I want to play this game. I see absolutely no reason to do a Dr. Felix report, when I am positive it can be fixed on BF's end.
So it is a no buy till this is fixed, and I would expect to be notified when it is.
Thanks!

Agree entirely. I have multiple monitors because I USE all that screen real estate. If it were simply a matter of powering off monitors 2 & 3, fine I'd cope, but no. You have to disable multi-screen display in Windows options. Well, that screws up ALL my icons on my screen as I keep some icons on the other monitors FOR A REASON (turn off multi-screen display in options and the icons from screens 2&3 shove themselves onto the main display willy-nilly).

When playing the game in windowed mode it is too bloody small to play as well - I am also not changing my screen resolutions just to be able to get a game to display bigger than 1/3 of my main screen. I also have high-resolution monitors, FOR A REASON and again, changing screen resolution would mess up my icon placements. I have my screens set up for productivity and gaming, why on earth would it be an issue to simply allow full screen on my primary monitor (Windows has a setting for primary monitor if you do an extended display, use that as the game screen) like every other game I've played?

I really wanted to play and enjoy this game enough to buy it. As SOON as it said change to single monitor setup and that wasn't a game option (as in "disregard any other monitors for this game and only play on primary monitor) I closed the game and am ready to skip out on what looked to be a very promising game. It would have been the first BFG purchase for me in *months* after all the HOGs you keep throwing at us. I'm very happy I decided to try the trial, I very nearly "bought first ask any questions later" based solely on the screenshots and reviews that it was similar to Royal Envoy.

I also am not going to contact support or submit a Dr Felix report. I KNOW what the issue is and I refuse to change my display settings profile for a single game. Get with the times, multi-screen isn't rare.

posted in Monument Builders: Statue of Liberty on Aug 30, 12 5:03 PM
I'm unable to run the game in full screen mode. I can see the game screen, but it's "wobbly" and therefore really not playable. It jitters horribly up and down until I manage to go in and turn off full screen mode. This happens both when running as administrator and when running it normally.

I'm on relatively new ATI video drivers for my 5770 (updating drivers is an option if I absolutely have to, but I'd prefer not to as I run this set of drivers for other games to be compatible and run fine), the system is decently beefy and new, but I do know that my monitor isn't as standard of a resolution as many widescreens out there - it's a 24" with 1920*1200 resolution and I'm unwilling to change my resolution. Am I just out of luck or has anyone encountered this and have a fix?

posted in Puzzler World on Feb 23, 12 10:14 AM
Unfortunately, the puzzles are randomly generated I believe, so someone can't just post for each level what the answers are - once it is generated for you it remains the same though, so what I've done in the past (for me it is the link-word bonuses sometimes). What you can do though is write them out then return once you've worked out the answer so the time limit is less of an issue, once a level puzzle is generated I believe it gives you the same question each time you return to that puzzle. So just sit at the menu once you've written it out and tinker with it a bit until you find a solution that you think will work - and go give it a second try.

There isn't any penalty that I know of in Puzzler World for trying a bajillion times (other than the time spent doing so), but you can post around for the answer if necessary and come back to it.

posted in Puzzler World on Feb 23, 12 10:03 AM
This game is also available for the NDS (the sequel I hear is rather buggy for the US version, but the NDS UK version is much more stable, as long as you can answer the more UK centric crossword clues)

I got the NDS version first, then bought the PC version quite some time ago (actually, bought a copy and later got a free copy with the sequel Puzzler World 2 from another site, thankfully they allow gifting the extra so I got to share it too) - I love these, I wish it hadn't taken so long to get to Big Fish. I'd love to see more of these (I particularly like the picross style puzzles and the fitword puzzles - crossword-like grid but you have a list of words but no numbering for where to put them, in print they are often called Fill-in Puzzles)

posted in Puzzler World on Feb 23, 12 10:03 AM
This game is also available for the NDS (the sequel I hear is rather buggy for the US version, but the NDS UK version is much more stable, as long as you can answer the more UK centric crossword clues)

I got the NDS version first, then bought the PC version quite some time ago (actually, bought a copy and later got a free copy with the sequel Puzzler World 2 from another site, thankfully they allow gifting the extra so I got to share it too) - I love these, I wish it hadn't taken so long to get to Big Fish. I'd love to see more of these (I particularly like the picross style puzzles and the fitword puzzles - crossword-like grid but you have a list of words but no numbering for where to put them, in print they are often called Fill-in Puzzles)

posted in Puzzler World on Feb 23, 12 10:02 AM

posted in 4 Elements II on Sep 30, 11 6:04 PM
Relax mode is in the options

posted in Stand O'Food 3 on Jul 19, 11 4:55 AM
I've gotten all but Overachiever and the one for 5 side items in 10 seconds - no bloody clue how to get that one if anyone has advice on that one...

posted in Stand O'Food 3 on Jul 16, 11 2:02 AM
I noticed several people asking (though it's been a while, it might still be relevant to some people) how to replay levels if you want to go back for gold stars/incredible ratings. It isn't very intuitive in some ways, though once you understand that replaying levels requires replaying the entire restaurant surrounding that level, their method seems more reasonable.

So, to replay a level, click on the restaurant the stars are "pointing" to (generally below the bubble with the stars in it) and it will put a larger arrow over that location to indicate that it is the active restaurant.

The down-side is that you cannot just redo one level of a restaurant, you have to do all the levels for that restaurant instead of just picking the star you need/want to redo for gold (for example if you just want the gold star on the 4th of 4 levels in a restaurant, you have to play all 4 levels - but if you're just wanting to replay the first level of it, you can get to the second level and pause/exit to map from there I think). My experience with it says that it is better to see if you missed the "incredible" rating at the end of the level and choose replay instead of next if you missed the incredible rating and really want it.

And once the arrow is pointing to the restaurant you want to replay - the main character guy will begin walking to that restaurant I think - I never mothered waiting to find out if he would or not, you can go ahead and click "go" or whatever it was to enter the restaurant to being playing. One neat thing about replaying though is that say you're replaying levels but you've already gotten to the point where you've bought all the equipment upgrades, you keep em. You still have all the standard refills to buy, but say you are replaying restaurant 3 - the first time through there is no way you'd have all the snack upgrades, the coffee machine fully upgraded, the fan/air conditioner gizmo fully upgraded and so on - so these bonuses can be really helpful on replaying earlier levels. I'm so used to replaying an earlier level in a TM game and being reverted back to the actual equipment/upgrades I started that level with on the initial playthrough, so this is a pretty decent boon to give us for replays.

posted in Stand O'Food 3 on Jul 16, 11 1:53 AM
I've gone through and done at least 5 full play-throughs of So'F3 and love it. I've created several different profiles with differing goals in mind and the profile I'm on now I'm aiming for all the awards...two left (anyone know how to get the 5 side items in 10 seconds one? That one will get me that and overachiever).

I also didn't care for number 2 in the series that much, but this one is really smooth and it doesn't seem to me that it ever gets *OMG Frenzy!* like so many other TM games. The minigames that are scattered through were the most frenzied part for me, but that is mostly due to my penchant for wanting the "incredible"/expert gold stars for every level.

By the way - for those asking - to replay a level, click on the restaurant the stars are "pointing" to (generally below the bubble with the stars in it) and it will put a larger arrow over that location to indicate that it is the active restaurant. The down-side is that you cannot just redo one level of a restaurant, you have to do all the levels for that restaurant instead of just picking the star you need/want to redo for gold (for example if you just want the gold star on the 4th of 4 levels in a restaurant, you have to play all 4 levels - but if you're just wanting to replay the first level of it, you can get to the second level and pause/exit to map from there I think). My experience with it says that it is better to see if you missed the "incredible" rating at the end of the level and choose replay instead of next if you missed the incredible rating and really want it.

posted in Cubetastic on Apr 2, 11 11:16 AM
Well, trying to launch this game I got an error that my resolution wasn't high xough and the game quit out. I cannot locate any files such as a config.ini (am I looking in the wrong place by looking in the game's installation directory?)

I know for a FACT that my resolution is plenty high enough as it is a higher resolution than most equivilant monitors will go. I am running at 1920x1200 on a 24" widescreen monitor. Most monitors this size only go to 1920x1080 or thereabouts (I know this sadly because I'm trying to find a replacement monitor without losing screen real-estate in the deal).

So, recommendations? I'd really like to give this one a shot, but it isn't important enough that I am likely to bother with contacting support for a solution if it is very much a "one-off" issue for a game that I haven't even opted to purchase yet. A quick google hasn't yet turned up anything but I have another few searches to try before I give up on this game.

(As a tech myself I should add the following: I am on the newest drivers for my video card and OS, directX is up to date, as are all the other bits of software that update regularly)

posted in Flower Mania on Mar 24, 11 10:10 AM
Add me to the "no" crowd. I figured out the tutorial (when they give you stuff already on the board, in general they want you to overlay the active block onto it in some way - match exactly, cross-match so the two existing ones get matched by adding in the active block, etc) but as others have said, the concept with mouse and keyboard simultaneously was too offputting. Additionally - and this may just be me, but my mouse moved around the placement squares *way* too fast. A lot faster than my normal mouse speed (perhaps because the game is in a much different resolution and my mouse travels that many pixels in normal operation without covering a quarter of the screen even...maybe) and I kept misplacing items when I meant to rotate the block or shuffle the bits on the same axis...just too much to keep track of while a timer is going. I passed about 3 levels before uninstalling.

Seriously - my fastest ever decision outright to uninstall during a trial. I usually give a game at least a half-hour to move past the learning curve stage...there was not way I was going to make it to that point on this game. Similar games have been done before with much better controls. Even making it a keyboard only or mouse only control option - or maybe assignable controls? Any of those would have made it a much better game to get a handle on.

posted in Farm Frenzy: Ancient Rome on Mar 9, 11 3:21 PM
This is mostly referring to things like the hints ingame when you click to put down grass when you're out of water and the well gets the popup notice to click on it to refill, or that you don't have enough money to do whatever you're trying to do, those sorts of "hints".

Just play very carefully to avoid extra clicks when and where you don't want them, and be far enough into the game that it isn't still telling you things that are new (for example the first level with a dog/cat when it tells you a "hey, this is a dog/cat this is what it does" that's a hint that will count against you for the trophy.

posted in Shop It Up! on Feb 13, 11 1:45 PM
Same issue a number of others are reporting, my game save worked fine until level 14, now everytime I exit and restart it forgets anything I've done beyond that particular save point.

I will say the same things others have said as well - yes, I've followed the tips in the save issues info page. I'm admin on my machine, I don't install Big Fish games into my Windows 7 "Program files" directories to avoid issues with write permissions. I'm a computer expert/professional myself. This issue is ridiculous and should never have been allowed to have been released with such a widespread bug as this.

Unacceptable. (And yes, contacting support next)

posted in Project Rescue Africa on Jan 16, 11 3:50 PM
The abundance of "you must click repeatedly to..." tasks also are what is driving me to uninstall after only 11 minutes of play. To get more than one "gold/value" from the coins from animals - click fast while they glow to produce a higher value coin. To put down patches of grass - click however many you wish to buy then click that many again to put em on the ground. To scare off poachers - click on em repeatedly. To speed up the 'copter - more clicking.

I don't have many issues with speed clicking in games as long as it is at least a little bit optional for getting gold times - particularly in the early parts of the game. Sure, it is entirely optional here for everything but poachers - you could just let the animals drop coins that are only worth one...but if you do, I don't think gold times are possible.

My main difficulty with all this speed clicking is that after 11 minutes of play, my wrist and most of my hand are killing me. To those of you who can do the speed clicking - have fun with the game as it looks like it could be cute...I just can't though.

posted in Paradise Beach 2: Around the World on Sep 25, 10 3:42 AM
I also appear to be in the minority. I never played the first one, but after looking and looking for shell after shell and having the timer run out on that shell and having to click yet another "helper" who is trying to tell me they saw a shell...well, I'm here for a TM game, if I wanted hidden object that's what I'd buy. Frankly I'm getting VERY tired of HOG minigames getting added to nearly every other genre of casual game.

I don't like hunting for hidden objects, let alone those with a 30 second timer.

I really really disliked the way the screen moves around. Left-click and drag, right-click and drag, just move to the edges etc...not only that but in trying to move the screen I ended up planting a long row of the plants I had selected because it wasn't obvious enough to me that it was still selected and I was not just moving the screen. I personally have the opinion that this is a very "clunky" TM game and will not be purchasing it.

To those who love the game - enjoy. I will not be among you however.

posted in Ranch Rush 2 - Sara's Island Experiment on Sep 10, 10 9:39 PM
I'm having an issue I haven't seen listed in this thread yet... as I play, I will occasionally get random cycling through the various zoom modes. It will cycle through some or all of the zoom modes and stop on one seemingly at random. I can't make it happen, so I can't give steps to reproduce the issue - and it doesn't really make the game outright unplayable, but it does cut down on my margin of error for timing and completing levels on time. As it bounces between zooms it also clears all the "steps ahead" I've put in.

For now I'm just taking a break and hoping to see a patch for this game soon.

posted in Country Harvest on Aug 13, 10 10:00 PM
You can zoom out a bit, I do that and I can see about 120 planting plots and several buildings on my screen. It only have 3 zoom levels though, one out, default view, and one in.

The truck will take whatever you've harvested. While processing items, try to time your harvest with when the truck will arrive and when the factory will be freed up for the next batch. Watch the counter in the upper right corner - when it hits about 10 seconds I don't harvest anything else that I grew for processing. I also only harvest as much at a time as I can process in one go, while it processes the 3, 6, or 9, I harvest that many more for when the factory is done.

There is free play at the end of the game, you can keep going with no goals and just grow and harvest and produce what you want.

The 5 slots thing I figured out - you fill all 5, then create another new game and name it, it then takes you to the list of 5 save games and asks you which one you want to overwrite/delete and replace with the new game.

posted in Country Harvest on Aug 13, 10 9:55 PM
Unfortunately no, you cannot move buildings. You can sell them and build new ones where you want them - but I will warn that the sale price is FAR below what you have in the building itself - particularly if you've spent the money to upgrade it at all.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator