Posts created by weissvonnix

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 27, 16 11:57 AM
The very same here. Was just trying to send gifts..

posted in Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween on Nov 6, 14 10:44 AM
maryheim1 wrote:I love this game but once I get to the throne room and up through the roof, I end up on a house with a good and bad guy and can't do anything to move further??

Exactly the same thing here! Annoying because the Chapter VI is lost apart from the very last scene.
So please fix it or refund it!
A game without an end isn´t worth the money.

posted in Match-Up! - iOS on Mar 20, 13 12:59 AM
lf he was buying all the power-ups like he seems to do at FB´s Candy Crush, no one had a chance.

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 1, 13 1:51 PM
For those, who have problems with the game not opening or lagging, l got a good tip from CS that worked for me in two other games.
You could still try to run the game in administrator mode.
Left click on your game icon at the desktop and then click run as administrator.
Both of my games were running without any issue.
Maybe it helps.

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 1, 13 10:39 AM
Hi Dev V,

Happy New Year!

l played the trial so far and l am stuck in the nature pic. Not because l don´t know what to do, just because it is so wonderfully made with its graphics and the music (a singing dryad?).
Of course l bought it and l really hope the rest of this game is nearly so well made as this part.
My kudos!
And to add this, l really like the idea of the "map". A game in a game is at first a bit confusing, but when you found out what it means it´s way more interesting as all maps l´ve seen before.

Now, the download is halfway done. Guess l´ll see you later..

posted in Jigsaws Galore on Dec 18, 12 10:41 AM
l one word, jigsawsgalore..

posted in Dark Mysteries: The Soul Keeper Collector's Edition on Dec 12, 12 12:18 PM
The same jerky gameplay here. No freezes and no crashes yet, but it´s really unplayable.

The second game in a row now that doesn´t work proper?
Dear BFG, what for are you doing the beta tests at all????
Don´t tell me for looking into technical issues, l won´t buy that in between!

posted in Twilight School on Dec 12, 12 8:36 AM
Ditto!
Valdy, there are two scenes, where it asks for the paper scrap. The second one quite at the end of the game. And there it doesn´t show up, where it should.
l won´t start over, too many games, where l was asked to do that.

This is just good for trashing it. Wasted money..

posted in Twilight School on Dec 11, 12 12:38 PM
tictacsix wrote:806700 ERROR CODE is what I keep getting when game manager tries to acivate the game.I bought it using a punch card coupon code.
Downloaded game manager three times, and still the same problem. Contacted CS, and am waiting to hear back.

Exactly the same here. Bought it downloaded it, it installed but doesn´t activate.
Since l didn´t change an email address or anything else, it seems to be a problem on your side. CS, again..
l never before needed them so many times, like in the past three months.
Not a good sign!

posted in Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove on Nov 25, 12 1:13 PM
V2gav45, you need to find the hand trolley in (guess it was..) Shawn´s garage first.
Then you can move the crates on it and push it aside.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 22, 12 2:37 PM
l didn´t found it worth, looking for it.
You won´t know what to do with it and can´t do anything with it.
lt´s somehow useless..
Sorry.

tophen wrote:got to part where you put hose on the machine.trail ended.bought game went back and hose is gone.nowhere around all invertery items are gone.what now.
Exactly my problem too. Same scene, same issue. After purchasing the inventory is completely gone.

Why aren´t devs or BFG able to fix this before releasing a game, since it happens in many games and for so many people? That is no fun.
l can´t count anymore how often l had to restart a game, due to this saving bugs.
And don´t tell me, it´s my pc.. Nonsense.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 22, 12 4:12 AM
l didn´t moan about wast time, rabbity.
l just wonder where this pics are, they´re not in the game, also not the coloring. l don´t think the devs painted pics that shouldn´t originally be included into the game just for fun or a simple color palette.
So l guess they skipped scenes and/or techniques, maybe not for the better.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 1:47 PM
Thanks.
You know, it still costs me a ridiculous long time to write those.
That why l rather refuse it. But a MCF is worth a bit effort, even if it´s a "not so good" one..

You know, l thought it would be nice, if the devs would ask us for ideas. Collecting them in a thread and then getting their ideas to develop it.
Giving us a raw shape into the direction and let us spin for a while, two or three weeks or so.

And then we would have a whole different speculating thread next year.
That would be great!

- dream off -

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 12:39 PM
Seriously, no matter if someone likes the game or not, there are things missing.

Did you all remember the FB pics? There was one with the color palette and three little pics.
So, where in the game is this street with the cars parking on the left side?
Where is the pic with the path, the trees and the shadow, we speculated so much about? And where are those colorful pics we saw there?
lf there wouldn´t be a few pics to recognize, l would say it looks like the FB pics and the game aren´t related at all. The FB pics (l know it´s only artwork) were promising, the game we got is pale. That too is a reason why l don´t like it.

Sometimes it would be nice to get some answers from the devs, why they changed something.
Maybe our moddies can forward that?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 11:17 AM
Did you read mine MJ? l didn´t say it and l appreciate the work of the devs, but not what came out this time.
Don´t cry, MJ (((Hugs)))
l did like every MCF yet, some more, some a bit less. l didn´t like 13th Skull so much, but that´s only because of the theme.
l tried to describe how this game felt for me and gave reasons for that. lf the devs will read it, l hope they can use it for the next one.
lt wouldn´t make sense, if those like me, who dislike it would be quiet and leave the review thread to those who like it. This way nothing could be changed to the better.
But it should be constructive, indeed!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 10:24 AM

(continued)

The last thing: l still wonder why this game was named Shadow Lake.
lf l read such a title, l expect that game or story to center around the lake. Here the lake is mentioned two times, when the wardens wife drowned herself in it and at the end, when she took the horn part down to the ground.
For me this doesn´t entitle it to be named Shadow Lake.
And even more l did wonder about the umpteenth version of the Ravenhearst theme music.
There is no connection. Was it so hard to think of something new?

Sorry devs, l appreciate your hard work to make this game, but it was below your standard and for me compared to the Ravenhearst series or Drawn a kind of failure.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 10:22 AM
Why Shadow Lake?

This won´t be a classical review, more some impressions and mainly critiques l got while playing the game.

lt is still an average game, but it is not at all a MCF as those we got in the past years. At first, l missed the challenge.
The past games were quite more difficult. Shadow Lake is way too easy, and even if the puzzles look new, they aren´t.
Just a variety of already known ones. The psychics mind puzzle is a bit too repetitive. The number of tiles may grow with every reading, but the scheme is always the same. Playing the expert mode didn´t make anything better.
The puzzles were so easy, that it didn´t matter, if you had the instructions or not.

Second, the atmosphere was somehow boring like the fog in this town.
The graphics were nicely done, indeed. But the whole game was impersonal and kind of cold, more precisely "clinical".
lt lacks the wonderful little details (personal items of the characters, which told us something about them or their likings), we could find in other games.
And the more, this one is even missing the characters. There are only two, the psychic and the MD. Too less to make it a really fascinating game. The persons, like the teacher, the warden, his wife a.o. were just mentioned, but they never
got a real character. You know nothing about them, your experiences are reduced to some short notes. ln fact they are randomly changeable.

Next point, you have no choice to walk around between the different locations. You must use the map to change the places. lt may sometimes be a pain to walk back and forth many times just because you forgot something, but being forced to teleport makes this game even more impersonal.
And while you as MD just seem to be a muzzled, pampered gofer, the psychic appears as the overacting glorious hero.
l don´t blame the actress. l guess, if Lea Thompson would have been acting less, l think l had fell asleep. By the way, the expert mode said "no hand-holding". l assume that as a joke! l don´t want to know how much more hand-holding the
casual mode includes. Can it be more at all?

The story itself seemed to be good, by all means: promising. Before playing the game..!
What we got at the end is just a part of a story. Nothing more. An exterminated, mostly unknown Native American tribe, exterminated people of something that isn´t worth to be named town, a Ghost Patrol team, that ís irrelevant and a part of a horn from a fire demon. That´s it.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 10:15 AM
Wrote my review, if you can call it one. l think, it´s more a roasting..
But l´m quite unhappy with this MCF.

So be warned, if you´re going to read it. lt isn´t nice..

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 7:46 AM
Ok, l started it, l finished it and unfortunately l need to say: lt´s just a game.
But it´s not a real MCF. And the first time l´m really quite disappointed.
lt lacks atmosphere, it lacks characters and it didn´t fascinate me for at least one minute. Will write a review later, but don´t expect me to spread the laurels. But l guess l will only post it in the forum, not on the review site. l´m not yet sure, if l really would recommend the CE.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator