Posts created by hmay1

posted in The Cross Formula on Feb 3, 12 12:09 AM
Went through the whole demo and was saddened when it was over. This is modeled after the classic point and click adventures which I've always enjoyed. The music is ok and some of the items you need to pick up are pretty tiny so it's surprising sometimes when you manage to pick up something useful. I enjoy the art, which has a comic-y feel to them and the characters were enjoyable. This is one of those games that will sit in the back of my mind as a "get when possible".

I normally don't post anything but the low reviews this game was getting made me want to put in my two cents. The puzzles aren't meant to be overtly difficult and not every adventure game that isn't a HOS needs to be low grade CG. I've actually been wanting a nice point and click for a while now that isn't done in MS paint, lol. I will say that the story could have been fleshed out slightly, but that's just because I'm not necessarily a fan of the one line fade away concept for story.

I was pretty taken aback by this game as I didn't really expect it to play the way it did. I enjoyed it a lot and plan on getting it though I don't think I'll be getting the CE. I liked the music as well as the graphics. That surprised me as normally I'm not a fan of games with graphics such as these were. I do agree that the magnifying glass popped up in too large an area and I had trouble with going places that I've already been. Not having the ability for hints outside the HOS could get me annoyed I'm sure. All in all, I had fun and the story is interesting enough to keep me going. It's very rare that I'm interested in romance drama.

posted in Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock on May 24, 11 11:12 PM
Truthfully, I didn't enjoy this game whatsoever. I forced myself to play through the entire demo hoping that maybe there would be something that would change my mind but it never happened. I liked the story for the most part and the graphics were pretty decent. I didn't try out the CE but I almost want to just for the large moving spider just to give myself the creeps. I can't comment on music as I had the volume since my bf is sleeping next to me on couch.

I played the trial on challenge mode and was very disappointed by the sparkles. I guess not having the **** scenes sparkle is the challenge? Aside from that the other thing that made me not like the game at all was the ease of it. You get an item and it was pretty obvious as to where you needed to use it, pretty linear and I don't enjoy that. The puzzles were too easy as well, IMO. I felt more as though I somehow convinced myself that it wasn't a waste of time while I was playing it yet realized how wrong I was once the trial was done.

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition on May 18, 11 7:23 PM
I just finished the trial and I very much enjoyed what I played through. The graphics were great and the voice overs actually fit the theme and the attitude of whoever is speaking. I tend to get annoyed when text is being read for me but I liked it this go around. I certainly enjoyed the interactive **** scenes and I liked the "not quite sure what to do next" feeling. I did skip a mini game or two but that's something I'd actually spend time on once I got the game.

The story I enjoyed quite a lot. I like the fact that you're not trying to find your brother's girlfriend's uncle's grandfather's dog who was twice removed. The only connection you as the player has with whatever went down in this town is that you're some Joe Smoe looking for the place just because you felt like it. Though the fact that the first scene showed the car hood up to imply the thing broke down could've been left out, lol. Despite wanting this game I'm gonna wait on it as there are more important things to being spending my money on for the time being, but I will remember this one.

posted in Tamara the 13th on Jan 7, 11 3:45 AM
I don't normally post, but this game was just horrible. I've played demos of games that looked good and I'm interested in playing and they turn out bad, but it's usually not that big of a deal. This game was so bad and such a disappointment that I had to voice an opinion about it.

I couldn't even get through 15 minutes of the trial. And judging from what I've read through a lot of people agree with me. The art style was great and pretty but the objects couldn't be found, and for me, the story left a lot to be desired. Whoever made this game should try playing a few puzzle/adventure/hidden object games themselves and try again.

posted in Cake Mania 2 on Dec 8, 10 1:01 PM
I also cannot find this tab of which you speak. I've downloaded this game several times and still get the same error message. Any other suggestions?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator