Posts created by WilJul

posted in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition on Apr 20, 18 4:37 PM
Seems like after the first visit to the room I had to go do some other things. When I returned I saw the back of ?Jonathon's? head, had to do something to him, free dad and then I was free to access the crates and ladder.

Hope I'm not confusing this progression up in my head though!

On MacBook pro 10.8.5

ETA: OK, after looking at the SG: It was a random dealer not Jonathan. Did you select the impersonation card?

Did you make sure to click on the hole in the ceiling so you have activated the need for the crates and ladders??

posted in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition on Apr 20, 18 4:33 PM
Seems like after the first visit to the room I had to go do some other things. When I returned I saw the back of ?Jonathon's? head, had to do something to him, free dad and then I was free to access the crates and ladder.

Hope I'm not confusing this progression up in my head though!

On MacBook pro 10.8.5

ETA: OK, after looking at the SG: It was a random dealer not Jonathan. Did you select the impersonation card?

Did you make sure to click on the hole in the ceiling so you have activated the need for the crates and ladders??

posted in Grim Facade: Broken Sacrament Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 9:05 PM
Playing on a Mac OS 10.8.5, and I too had difficulty picking up that blade. All I can tell you is that I FINALLY did it after making tiny millimeter small movements to find an active spot. That is a ridiculously small zone. This game had difficulty with it's active zone in other spots as well, but no others quite that bad. Super frustrating.

posted in Grim Facade: Broken Sacrament Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 8:57 PM
If there are two numerals on a row or column, it just means at least one space must separate the two groupings.

tina20 wrote:hi there can anyone help i cannot find the red crank handle thanks

Did you check the thread "Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Island (Zone 5)" ?

Here's an example of what you will find there:

When you find the picture clues for these items -- CLICK on them -- that activates the hotspot where the item is located. Then when you go back to the spot, the magnifying glass will appear where the handle is located.

ETA -- one way to be sure you have activated them is to check in your case file journal. The pictures appear in there, all on the same page, once they have been activated.

masongirl23 wrote:I am also having a problem with the hint button, and a certain part of the game right now, in general, where the hint would come in handy. I am at the beginning of scene 5, where the handles for the music boxes need to be found. I looked at the strategy guide as a last resort, and it says the blue handle is found by the fountain in the beginning scene, at the steps leading up to Ravenhearst Manor, but I am unable to click anywhere without it taking me up the steps to the next scene. And suggestions, since the hint button won't work? I thought it was just me because I am playing in hard mode, but I can't switch it back like you can in most games.

Did you check the thread "Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Island (Zone 5)" ?

Here's an example of what you will find there:

When you find the picture clues for these items -- CLICK on them -- that activates the hotspot where the item is located. Then when you go back to the spot, the magnifying glass will appear where the handle is located.

ETA -- one way to be sure you have activated them is to check in your case file journal. The pictures appear in there, all on the same page, once they have been activated.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Apr 13, 18 9:50 PM
Since hardly anyone checks this forum anymore, it's a good idea to check the thread "13th Skull ** FAQs ** Lots of SPOILERS". You will find complete instructions on how to enter the ship's name. Actually, this is the forum for the STANDARD game. To find info on the Collector's Edition, you will need to go to that forum page first. You can check the FAQ thread once you get over there.

Here's a shortcut to the FAQs on the CE forum, you will need to copy and paste:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/133413.page

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Apr 13, 18 9:44 PM
Sorry for the delay in response, this forum doesn't get checked very often. There are some tips in the FAQ thread that may help you out, if you haven't figured it out already.

posted in Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition on Apr 13, 18 9:28 PM
I think this is one of the better games on offer recently. I enjoyed it, and I do prefer puzzles over HOPs. Some of the puzzles did offer some real challenge but most were relatively easy.

With everyone complaining about the jumping toolkit, they seem to be overlooking the fact that you have a hatchet that stays with you until almost the very end of the game!! No searching for multitudes of cutting implements!!! That to me, is worth the annoyance of the jumping toolkit (which I barely noticed)! So yay, devs, I wish more would include a toolkit!

posted in Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition on Apr 13, 18 9:12 PM
To find BONUS GAME: From the main menu, click play. If you have completed the main game, the bonus game will be unlocked and you will have the option of selecting the main game or BONUS GAME.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 18 8:18 PM
Syndalee wrote:Mac, running 10.13.3
Got to Chapter 4/Workshop. The gas puzzle would not advance the ball. Ended up skipping the game.
Syndalee, I had the same problem, but I found a workround: I rotated the square the ball was in when it got stuck, rotated it so that the line it was on faced downward and connected to another line in another square and clicked the down arrow. The arrow advanced a little bit, without leaving the square, and therefor became "unstuck". I then rotated it back around so it connected to the line I wanted it to go on and it continued along that line. If you play again, hope this helps you progress past that part without skipping. Happy gaming!!

ETA: I am playing on a MacBook Pro 10.8.5

posted in Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 18 8:03 PM
When you start the game and choose your game mode you should have been able to choose hint load time. You can still go in and change it by going to the menu and choosing options.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 18 8:02 PM
You switch places with the squares. Click on one square, then click on another and they will switch. You can't jump squares however.

Oh woah! This forum is full of posts complaining that 13th Skull won't play or crashes on newer OS', but I haven't seen anywhere where it's crashed a hard drive. My advice is, if you're using a new OS, don't download it!!!

As for your other questions, I do not have the answers, you may want to contact Customer Support directly. You should probably do that anyway, to get a coupon for a new game.

Also, always check the download page when buying an older game to make sure it's still compatible with your new OS.

While the storyline didn't grab me, this game had more challenging puzzles AND hops than I've seen in a while. Not saying they're super challenging, but better than the same ol' same ol' of late.

I am one of the folks who also enjoy the gruesome games, the scarier the better. But I do understand it is not everyone's cup of tea. So while I completely disagree with your premise of what is unacceptable, perhaps trigger warnings need to be included on the download pages, a warning of disturbing imagery, so you do not have to be subjected to them if that is your choice.

Agreed. The code does not work as it is given in the game. I, too, had to use the one in the SG, which has 3 digits instead of the 4 given in the game. Major error.

You don't have to have them perfectly lined up, just have them in the same circle.

...and I'm one of the ones who feels that all of the adventure games have been too hog heavy. I barely buy games anymore because they are too simplistic and don't have any resemblance to the adventure games of old. Different strokes....

ETA, but agree there should be a skip option. I didn't notice any that didn't have that option, but I wasn't paying close attention to that.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Feb 9, 18 5:53 PM
Did you click on the two red buttons on the other device in the room, on the other side of the bed?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator