Posts created by DRG_Ben

posted in L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on Jul 30, 10 12:15 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:I've uninstalled and redownloaded. Is there a version number to tell the games apart?

If you open bfgstate.xml, it says the build version is 42273.

posted in L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on Jul 27, 10 6:13 PM
This update fixes many of the difficult to see items (and differences) and also adds more time for those playing on normal difficulty. Also, the default difficulty is now easy (untimed).

posted in L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on Jul 22, 10 7:43 AM
Jadakiss2000 wrote:I had the same problem at first but then I just made sure the raven had his head facing the wall and then clicked the food nearer the bottom of the window. It released and I got another item.

And if you get caught by the crow, you must feed the food to him instead and find another piece for Lion.

posted in L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on Jul 21, 10 6:14 PM
When you click the food, does it attach to the cursor? Then you are able to click on the window, but nothing happens?

posted in L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on Jul 21, 10 6:12 PM
If you hit the pause menu button, it will make the transparent items less transparent and easier to see.

posted in Memory Clinic on Mar 29, 10 3:07 PM
brittianlowe wrote:I took full-screen mode off this game...now I cannot see the full screen to even play the game...i cannot get to bottom menu to start the game...and i cannot get to the options menu to reverse this full-screen mode.

If you rename the extension or delete the "MCSAVE.SAV" file in documents in settings (for me, Vista puts it at C:\Users\LBM\AppData\Roaming\MemoryClinic), then the game will be in fullscreen mode again, but you will lose your saved data. I'm sorry that a work around is not easier. I am guessing, but the resolution of your screen is 800x600?

posted in Memory Clinic on Mar 26, 10 8:36 AM
jillaroogirl wrote:I think this game would be quite good, except my mouse seems to lag, which results in poor timings in the 'tests'. Is anyone else having this problem?

Have you tried customer service yet or their advice on updating above? I hope they can help.

posted in Memory Clinic on Mar 25, 10 3:24 PM
jarjen wrote:Problem: I can't see the green envelope to click it. I've tried to start the game twice and both times only 3/4 of the left side is shown. the rest of the screen is black.

The green envelope is down the right side of the forum screen, here, not in the game.

posted in Memory Clinic on Mar 24, 10 9:43 AM
Hi Snippet,

In addition to the useful info above, bfgTigris had another link that could be helpful to you in another post, quoted here:

"Hi fishies,

If you are having trouble with your cursor, DRG_Ben is right, you may need to update your Direct X, video card drivers or Flash Player. Here is a help article with more information.

Unable to Play Downloadable Game

If you are still having issues you can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris "

posted in Memory Clinic on Mar 24, 10 9:40 AM
NANA5LOVE wrote:I like this game but have a question, when I am finished with a game it goes back to the tree and then just sits there, I can only get into another game if I press on the traning button.
Am I suppose to do something to get the game to move along???

When you click training, think of it like a normal length workout session (at the gym of the mind). Once complete, your progress will make future training a little harder and unlock some other scenes or gameplay types that will be then incorporated into your training. Quick Training is for a little break between work or whatever, just an **** scene and 1 minigame.

posted in Memory Clinic on Mar 24, 10 7:31 AM
owlgirl61, belamba,

Try clicking the green envelope at the bottom of the right hand side bar for Customer Support.

It's possibly a directx issue ( you can get an update from Microsoft easily by searching for it using a search engine like Google) or a graphic's card driver issue which would require you to get an update from your graphics card manufacturer website (usually this will be Intel. Sometimes ATI or nVidia).

owlgirl61, we tried to put in a mix of object difficulties for each scene so that you could search intently for just a few objects if you'd like, or use the hint if you needed to. As for peaches, I understand the color "peach" isn't usually dark. A peach in the shade and some other natural peaches are dark though, as are peaches that are hard to find (tee hee). Sorry for that.
Ornate planters and basins like those found below a water spigot in Rome look identical. I think you're right, Planting Pot would've been more universally understood.

posted in Memory Clinic on Mar 24, 10 6:48 AM
Try clicking the green envelope at the bottom of the right hand side bar for Customer Support.

It's possibly a directx issue ( you can get an update from Microsoft easily by searching for it using a search engine like Google) or a graphic's card driver issue which would require you to get an update from your graphics card manufacturer website (usually this will be Intel. Sometimes ATI or nVidia).

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Mar 10, 10 12:24 PM
Pitbull_Chick wrote:Ok, I finished the game and the ending uh, does suck. It just ended so abruptly! With Kay getting arrested, does anyone know if there is a part 2 because it doesn't say anything about it continuing.

Thanks.

I apologize for the abrupt ending. Alex Holder gets busted and Dempsey is free. She lets Ella Kate stay in the house and stays in the area to work/date Tee.

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Mar 8, 10 8:21 AM
An updated graphics card may solve your problem, but updating your current graphics card drivers or the DirectX drivers first could solve your problem before you spend any money (it has for others).

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Feb 22, 10 12:59 PM
cll1950 wrote:I had trouble with many games untill I followed a link posted by BigFounder on another site;

Help My Games Run Correctly

Flash Player Error

I used the first one, (think it was video card upgrade) walked me through, easy fix. Now I'm playing games that would never run on my machine befor.

First time I could run this game.

PS. I guess the link doesn't transfer. Try typing it in at help........ Yep, that works.

A directx or video card driver update has fixed these sorts of issues for many players. If you need help in doing this, just click the Customer Support green help envelope on the right sidebar.

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Jan 29, 10 7:34 AM
drpepperkid1983 wrote:I had the same problem that after I played the demo I bought the full version and it didnt save. Then I played the game for a couple hours and my computer came unplugged and shut off then when I went to play the game again it didnt save it again....anyone else with this problem???I am pissed!!!

This has often been a case of DirectX needing to be updated from what we've seen so far. You can find DirectX on Microsofts site. Give that a try and let us know if it helps you.

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Jan 25, 10 9:31 AM
lindaj31848 wrote:I'm not sure that I even played the whole game!!!!! It skipped all over and restarted twice I want my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've read that some players with out of date DirectX drivers have scenes skip and that leads to a disjunct story/experience, and that after updating, the game plays perfectly fine for them. Have you tried updating DirectX?

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Jan 25, 10 9:23 AM
pbooker_sms wrote:
slp12272 wrote:I too was having problems with being in a room with no items left to find but wouldn't finish out that level. I closed the game, updated my DirectX, (as recommended by BFG), started a new game and was able to play all the way through without any more problems. As far as the comments about too much conversation, that's the perfect opportunity to use that wonderful little skip button in the upper right corner.

I too updated my DirectX as well as all other updates. I went back to my game and nothing - decided to start over, skipped all conversation and minis. Found several scenes that had previously been missing (explained a LOT!) - and am now well past the dog surgery scene HAPPY CAMPER HERE

Updating has solved many issues. Please give it a try.

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Jan 25, 10 9:21 AM
pbooker_sms wrote:
slp12272 wrote:I too was having problems with being in a room with no items left to find but wouldn't finish out that level. I closed the game, updated my DirectX, (as recommended by BFG), started a new game and was able to play all the way through without any more problems. As far as the comments about too much conversation, that's the perfect opportunity to use that wonderful little skip button in the upper right corner.

I too updated my DirectX as well as all other updates. I went back to my game and nothing - decided to start over, skipped all conversation and minis. Found several scenes that had previously been missing (explained a LOT!) - and am now well past the dog surgery scene HAPPY CAMPER HERE

I'm glad to hear this fixed the game for you and solved the issue of missing scenes. Thank you for posting.

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Jan 21, 10 9:15 PM
bussydog wrote:After exiting the game and going back later, it will not allow the game to be continued where you left off. Please we need a fixer on this game. It is a fun game and one I truly enjoy, but not the same parts over and over again.

I'm sorry to hear of your problems with the game. I've heard of a lot of players having luck with updating their DirectX and/or graphics card drivers to solve problems. You can always contact the helpful customer support with the green envelope button and probably get more info on the save issue. Please let me know if this helps.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator