Posts created by Lucy1997

posted in Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood on Nov 17, 12 3:32 PM
I didn't get offered an add-on to download, but also didn't have sound. Strange to play with only the ambient noises in my house, but I'm surely not going to pay money for this game!

posted in Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition on Aug 29, 12 1:49 PM
On the one hand, this game is a lot of fun. On the other, it's been a while since I played a game with so many glitsches. I couldn't complete a number of the minigames because of glitches and had to skip them, but now I'm nearing the end (where you have to make a hat, a dress, and a bear) and the scissors have simply disappeared, so I'm going to delete the whole game because I don't have the time to deal with customer service. It's a real disappointment.

Edited to correct spelling

posted in Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey ™ on Jul 12, 12 2:08 AM
This was one of the first (if not THE first) game that I got from BFG. Suddenly, it no longer appears on my list of purchased games and I'm being offered the chance to repurchase it. It's not a revamped version of the game--on replay, it's exactly the same. Has anyone else had this experience?

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 11, 12 6:28 AM
This is the kind of game that I usually like, and thanks for all your suggestions, but none of them worked for me. The game is now permanently deleted, and I'm of course not buying it.

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 11, 12 6:26 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles on Jul 7, 12 10:56 PM
I came out to the forum to see if I really had just solved the final puzzle too slowly or whether it was just the way the ending was. I'm with everyone who has posted here: this was a confusing end to a generally good series, and it seemed as if the developers were themselves sick of the game.

posted in Legends of Solitaire: The Lost Cards on Jul 5, 12 4:38 PM
Dear Valdy,

you are brilliant! I figured it had to do with making that last combination, which is sure hard with no special powerups! I finally finished the game without the sword (talk about good luck...), but I'm not sure that I'm going to try to win on"hard" with all gold.... We shall see how long this heat stays here in the upper Midwest and how much I have to be in a/c with my computer.....

Thanks so much for you help!

Lucy1997

posted in Legends of Solitaire: The Lost Cards on Jul 5, 12 4:53 AM
Dear Valdy,

I apologize for not checking the names. The "chop a card" hatchet is the first power-up; I was asking about the "Sword of Wonder," which is the last power-up (and costs a lot of coins!). The latter supposedly eliminates cards from the deck, and I couldn't figure out why I would want to eliminate cards since that might make series more difficult to create.

Thanks for your help!

posted in Legends of Solitaire: The Lost Cards on Jul 4, 12 2:44 PM
I am almost finished with Legends of Solitaire on normal, but I haven't been able to figure out how to use the expensive "slice a card" sword. The only two cards, it seems to me, that we would want to eliminate are the skeleton and the evil wizard card, but I can't figure out how to cut them before they get turned over from the pack. Am I misreading the instructions, or am I just lacking some piece of knowledge of a previous solitaire game?

I have been a fan of Elephant games in the past, but I don't think that I'll buy another one from the company. This is a wonderfully creative game with some great ideas and a nice twist of plot, except on my computer it freezes and freezes and freezes and freezes. Also, items randomly disappear (like the minotaur statue), and it takes a hour or so for the game to unlock the item and for it to reappear in my dock. I've finally decided that I am just going to delete the game because at some point recreation just becomes a waste of time.

posted in Kingdom Chronicles Collector's Edition on May 27, 12 12:17 PM
I'm having this same problem on level 30, so I haven't gotten to level 40. Everytime I go to remove the last barrier in the road (a boulder), I get kick out.

posted in Egypt: Secret of five Gods on Mar 28, 12 9:55 PM
I never once used a warehouse and got gold/jewels on every level, so the game has variants, which is good.

posted in Egypt: Secret of five Gods on Mar 28, 12 9:52 PM
The puzzle is much easier once you realized that you don't need to have all the pieces in place--you just need one path that connects the two. I worked at it from both ends, which usually speeds up the process.

posted in Egypt: Secret of five Gods on Mar 28, 12 9:51 PM
I did the same, but I think the game would have been better had the scarabs/pieces been randomized....though, Lord knows, I'm not sure I ever would have finished the game had that been true....

posted in Egypt: Secret of five Gods on Mar 28, 12 9:48 PM
Dear Gentleness, did you figure out how to trade goods for gold at the market?

posted in Egypt: Secret of five Gods on Mar 28, 12 9:45 PM
I don't know if I got all the gems, but the bird head has an eye and the staff has a top. It still looks to me like the head itself could do with some gems, but I'm willing to believe that I got all the gems. What I do know is that I got gold on every level and got gems on every gold level because I didn't move on to a new level without getting gems. This process, I might add, made a not great TM game pretty unbearable and boring and I'm happy to be able to delete it so that I never have to play it again.

Whyever did the developers award gold for levels on which you didn't earn the gems? Shouldn't those levels have been silver so at least you would know what levels to replay? And even if the developers made such a bad choice, why didn't BFG suggest otherwise to them?

posted in Fantastic Creations: House of Brass on Mar 23, 12 4:34 AM
I was looking forward to buying the SE of this game, but I finished the demo in only 26 minutes (and, frankly, did not remember the earlier CE that well). If I really am into the second of four chapters, this game is far too short for a SE. From the CE reviews, it sounds like this game should have been a SE from the beginning.

posted in Egypt: Secret of five Gods on Mar 20, 12 1:56 PM
ElizabethR1533 wrote:
lesliemcintosh wrote:For some reason I have missed the explanation for what a n outrunner bonus is or how to use it to complete the level? Hope someone can point out what it is and where I missed it.
Thanks
Leslie

I think you have to click on the "home" where the characters live to order to get it. I don't know what it does, I only figured it out accidentally.

Yes, you have to click on the "home." The outrunner makes your men move faster, but in other parts of the game you get a hammer (which presumably makes your men work faster), a symbol for earning extra resources, etc. All of these extras are activated by the amount of water you collect. On some of them the amount needed appears to be marked, but it didn't seem to be marked for them all. The instructions for this game are not well elaborated in general, which makes it difficult to select an appropriate extra to help you win the game.

posted in Egypt: Secret of five Gods on Mar 18, 12 12:59 PM
Let me expand on Csutar's post, since s/he left a few things out. You do indeed have to head to the right--one worker heads to the second empty lot on the right, while the other goes up by the top right to expose the well and get the gold.

While the first continues to produce grain (and upgrade as soon as you can), the other one then turns to the left and goes up and exposes the top left empty lot and, at some point, the second empty lot.

You need to place the quarry on the top left lot and the house in the second lot, and you upgrade the quarry first and then the house. The marketplace has to go in the top right lot because that's the side that the caravan comes from.

You place a temple first and then a shooting range to get rid of the demons.

Critical to success is that you constantly pick up water and use your "water power," not to run faster, but to produce more goods faster. I did use the run faster power just at the end to finish in time.

As Slavicdiva posted, you don't need to clear out the entire last row--you just need to get rid of the scorpions.

That's at least how I finally got the gold (and got some jewels) on level 13.

Edited to fix a grammar mistake and to add Slavicdiva's name.

posted in Egypt: Secret of five Gods on Mar 18, 12 12:37 PM
I like tm games, but the jury is still out on this one IMHO. Maybe it's my computer, but hovering over one of the enemies didn't always bring up whether you needed to build a barracks or a temple or a shooting range, so some of my slower times results resulted from that problem. As others have said, the instructions were not always clear.

I got the gold by repeating levels over and over: a few went quite easily because I did improve over the course of the game, but the levels were generally not that interesting to endure repeating them twenty or thirty times, as I had to for a few. I too wondered why I got jewels on some gold levels but not all and there's not a chance that I will replay the entire game to figure out which gold levels awarded me jewels and which did not. Frankly, I'm not even sure that I will bother to repeat level 13 again: I have the pattern down judging from the forum, but I just can't click fast enough to finish in the gold time.

I suppose the same could be said of many tm games. I still haven't beaten the developer's record on all levels of any of the MKFTP, but I at least got gold on all of the levels. And I have replayed all of the MKFTP games several times from beginning to end, and I have never gotten sick of the graphics. This game...well, it entertained, but just not that well. I don't expect to play it again.

Edited to fix tenses.

Edited again to add that I finally got the gold on level 13, but do I really want to replay the whole game now that I know that not all gold glitters with jewels....?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator