Posts created by RainbowElf

posted in Rhianna Ford & The Da Vinci Letter on Jan 23, 10 9:46 PM
I was in the exact same place you were, but I thought that the trial had ended, but because I always re-click play because of issues with my computer I got taken back to the chapter.

My head was a little confused for a while but now I know it is not just me, I can be less muddled.

The strange world of Big Fish eh?!

posted in Rhianna Ford & The Da Vinci Letter on Jan 23, 10 9:41 PM
I had this so I switched off the custom cursor.

The annoying issue I had was the game not letting me click on things.

My anger levels were rising and rising because I was clicking and clicking then after like the tenth try it allowed it, and that was only on things like continue/skip.

I thought the game was really good, well the story and ideas to escape out of the cleaners closet for example but the clicking issue has completely spoilt it and I would not buy this for that reason.

posted in Passport to Paradise on Jan 23, 10 8:25 PM
I liked this game, although not enough to buy it.

My poor wrist is in complete pain after playing this one!

I have tried several of these games now, but each and every time my brain switches off after around an hour.

Maybe they are just not for me, so I would not be the best person to ask about this game.

posted in Fix-It-Up: World Tour on Jan 23, 10 7:00 PM
Really enjoyed this game.

Sometimes time management games can be a bit slow and you end up sitting around waiting for things to happen, as this game is very involved you do not have to worry about that.

The only problem I had was very slow loading screens, however that might just be because I have a temperamental laptop that goes back to the stone age.

Would be a game I would think about buying, just for those days when I want something less intense on the little grey cells.

Nice game and a great follow up.

The mansion is a nice little side project too.

posted in Cocktail Mania on Jan 21, 10 11:46 AM
This game was so boring, I almost fell to sleep.

The game was slow and sluggish, trying to type my name in for the profile almost made me throw the computer threw the window, then trying to click on continue took a while on each new level.

I would never buy this game even if it was the only game in the entire world.

No game is worth this much boredom, frustration and annoyance.

The instructions were so long, I have concentration issues so what is wrong with condensing them a little??

Plus the little pop ups get irritating, you should be able to turn off the hints.

No good points that I could see.

Big Fish this game made me sad.

Would only work as an online game but that is been generous!

posted in The Search for Amelia Earhart on Jan 16, 10 7:33 AM
Well personally I like it.

Sometimes I am in the mood for a game that is neither intense or rushed, and unfortunately a lot of hidden object games are both of these.

I have concentration issues and a physical disability so some games get painful after a while (even hidden object), if there is too much interaction and or clicking but this one was easy on the wrist and did not take too much concentration.

A few of the mini-games are unique and I like that, yes the graphics are grainy and a little uncomplicated but I have seen far worse, at least you can see the objects and they are not just photographs stuck on to a stereotypical background.

The help menu's are easy to understand as well, some games I download I spend lot of the trial just working out the game. This one I understood straight away so felt I could get into the game.

I would consider buying this for those boredom filled afternoons when you want something relaxing to play, or those late nights where you do not want a hefty murder investigation to solve...or scare you .

posted in The Mysterious City: Vegas on Jan 15, 10 1:37 PM
This was the most boring hidden object I have ever downloaded, how did they get away with it ?!

Normally a one or two level online game would offer this low grade effort but I have never seen it on a download.

The trial was like torture, I could not finish it otherwise I might of fallen asleep.

Not one to buy for me.

posted in Wizard Land on Jan 15, 10 12:29 PM
Nice and different, I like the alternative options within the game.

A lot of the time I stop playing match 3 games because I get bored of the same game play over and over, but with this one if you get bored then you can play a different way, plus the key thing keeps you on your toes.

Nice and simple, which might put some people off, especially as the graphics are very low grade, but for me the graphics do not really matter that much.

Personally I would not buy this one, but that is because I am very fussy about match 3's.

Hope others enjoy it.

posted in Heroes of Hellas 2: Olympia on Jan 14, 10 9:32 AM
Really good game, I enjoy the mixture of different game styles so you do not feel like it is getting boring.

Seemed like I was only playing for a short time, now I do not know if that is because the game was so good, or because the game was very slow at loading the right screen.

Definitely a game I would consider buying.

posted in Anka on Jan 11, 10 8:33 AM
How about just printing them out??

I am sure you will work it out.

posted in Lost in the City on Jan 11, 10 8:24 AM
This game is fantastic!!

I was really drawn in and was disappointed when the trial ended. I was stuck between this one and some others when I was in the supermarket, I went for a different one but I would really consider buying this.

Some of the puzzles are a little easy, but then on the other hand some are tricky, a great mix of puzzles to work the grey cells, a compelling story and a really great game that makes you want more.

"Lost in the city" is a new drug, hook me up!!

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 11, 10 6:41 AM
It starts to load for me but after all of the endorsements eg. Big-Fish etc a loading screen comes up then it just stops working.
Been determined I tried several times but the same thing over and over.
I am on XP, any suggestions??
Of course if there is no solution to this then I shall just put the game in the graveyard so to speak.
Shame though it looked good.

posted in Scrapbook Paige on Jan 10, 10 11:59 PM
Really different format.
If you are getting fed up of solving murders or finding missing people this makes a refreshing break.
Can get a bit stressful at times when you just need one more item but the hints recharge quickly.
The only problem I really had was waiting for screens to load.
A nice relaxing game for children or adults alike.

posted in Save Our Spirit on Jan 10, 10 10:33 PM
Should not be called Save Our Spirit more like Save One Snoring, this game was so boring!
The brightness thing is useless as the levels are either too bright or too dark, no matter how much you twiddle the filter the objects are still impossible to see.
Half way through the trial it got a little confused some of the items were not visible at all, some did not even come up on the list and some of them would not let me click on them.
I would not even spend a stone on this purchase.
Really bad certainly a 1/2 of a star out of 5.

posted in The White House on Jan 10, 10 8:11 PM
When I tried to play this game a violation error massage came up so I uninstalled the game then tried again, still nothing.
Looking to the Google Oracle they told me to scan my registry did all of that and tried one more time, this time however the computer gave me the blue screen telling me the computer was shutting down.
My computer recovered from a serious error when I managed to get it back on and seeing I have no money to replace it, it is a good job it was not broken.
So many people are saying on here how bad this game is, and how many bugs are on the game, why is it still on the site??
Sort it out before this game busts someones computer!
Are you in league with the government to infect everyones computer?!

posted in Neverland on Jan 10, 10 7:30 PM
An hour was all I could muster on this game, gets very boring very quickly, but then I am an adult.
Maybe for children this game would be better although the story might scare some younger children.
Very different story and some unusual game-play ideas, but still too samey.
Children like repetition though, well the younger ones so maybe a good hidden object starter game for them (as long as adults are there)?!

posted in The Mirror Mysteries on Jan 10, 10 6:22 PM
Alex7154 wrote:I started playing this game a second time, and every so often the mini-games were solved and even some of the pieces were already in play even before I was able to put them in place.

Its a quick game and with all the problems I had, its even quicker.

I'm usually not a hidden object fan but this one really turned me off.

Do not let one bad experience ruin hidden object games, there are loads out there to try and of course there are going to be some real stinkers in among them but at the same time there are going to be real gems.
Sorry you found this one was not to your taste but try a few, look on the forums and go for one with a lot of positive feedback.
Off the top of my head Anka seemed to get a lot of positive feedback, the one thing that put people off though was the graphics.
Happy gaming and to those that replied about been older, do not worry age is just a number, we all love games and that is what matters.

posted in Sally's Salon on Jan 10, 10 6:05 PM
I have played both Sally's Spa and Sally's Salon extensively on various sites and they get boring very quickly.
Do not get me wrong I enjoy playing them but I have painful joints so all of the grabbing and tweaking you have to do to people can get rather painful on the wrists.
Sometimes I tried to grab someone and move them and they refused to move or I would get them to the station then they would pop back to the waiting chair for no reason what-so-ever, the pop up windows can get a little irritating too especially when the computer for unexpected reasons runs slow.
I doubt I would ever buy this just for the reason that I can play very similar things online for free.
Great time filler if you have to kill an hour before something needs doing but otherwise not brilliant for something to buy.

When I went grocery shopping I decided it would be good to get a new game but I was stuck between this one and another two games but in the end got this one because of a free game that was included with it.
Personally I found the storyline great and I really liked the game.
Yes it is not very challenging but sometimes we need a relaxing game, there is only so much stress we can take with the hard games.
Normally mental health matters are overblown in games but this one although typical (mad person kills someone) was not too over the top.
I would definitely consider getting the other ones in the series.

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Jan 7, 10 10:52 PM
I too found this game very frustrating!

Some of the screens are very dark and I can not have my computer too bright because of an eye complaint, I got very close to the screen but still I could not find things.

The whole clicking in the right place too was very annoying.

On the level with the hidden words on the note, I kept rubbing the pencil over the note over and over and it was still not accepting it, I felt like screaming if it had not been early in the morning. Wasted a lot of the trial doing that.

If the game was not so frustrating it would be a good one. Sure you need to click things but not this precisely, what is the point in doing it like this??

Well I think that was everything!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator