Posts created by RaceCat3

posted in Christmasville on Dec 26, 09 10:21 AM
Me too, gimmegames, the demo anyway. I was hoping this would be a DD earlier this week. However, since the snow storm here and in Minneapolis (and everywhere in between) postponed my family Christmas until next Saturday, I still have all of the unwrapped presents sitting here to keep me in the mood. Bought and will start playing it tonight!

posted in Agatha Christie: Dead Man's Folly on Dec 26, 09 7:35 AM
Hey bjcs, uninstalling and re-installing actually worked! The icon beside the downloaded file was different this time (in the download box that pops up when the file is downloaded). Don't know why, but it worked so I am happy! Thanks again, and Happy Holidays to you!

posted in Agatha Christie: Dead Man's Folly on Dec 26, 09 7:13 AM
Will try that, thanks!

posted in Agatha Christie: Dead Man's Folly on Dec 26, 09 6:56 AM
OK, I just downloaded the game, and it says trial expired. I did demo this a long time ago at another site, but not here, of course (since it was one of the first things I did this morning). I figured I couldn't get help from CS this weekend, so anyone have this happen before and know how to fix? Otherwise, I guess I will wait until Monday for help from BF. Thanks!

posted in Insider Tales: Vanished in Rome on Dec 25, 09 6:21 PM
I am sure I read in a post by picman somewhere on the forums today that Dead Man's Folly would be tomorrow's TGT. I don't think I dreamed it! But today being the Christmas from you-know-where, I can't be too sure.

posted in Mushroom Age on Dec 24, 09 6:58 AM
ajuma wrote:My husband just got through all of the mirror games in 2 minutes or less each! He's amazing!! (And I'm REALLY happy that he helped me through this level! )

Wow! Can you send him to my house? I'm terrible at these kinds of puzzles, and just gave up on the 5th one late last night. It isn't shown in the walkthrough. I figure I probably won't see the end of the game. Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it!

posted in Mishap: An Accidental Haunting ™ on Dec 18, 09 8:40 PM
OK, thanks, amj!

posted in Mishap: An Accidental Haunting ™ on Dec 18, 09 8:28 PM
That's great, amj! And I am jealous that you got to demo the new version. I really thought the game was fun, except for the ghost problem---glad they did something to help that!

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai on Dec 16, 09 4:37 AM
I just bought this a couple of days ago, and am enjoying it very much! The graphics are beautiful, the objects aren't too hard to find. Took me awhile to get the hang of the characters meeting, and exchanging items, but I think I have it figured out now. Nice new concept. I guess if I keep going forward with each character, I will eventually finish this game. Thanks to the developers, and to Big Fish for a very good game!

posted in Anka on Dec 13, 09 5:21 PM
Thanks, Poodlebear!

posted in Anka on Dec 13, 09 4:39 PM
I couldn't find it over there---help?!?! Thanks!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 12, 09 9:30 AM
And I second that, bobo!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 12, 09 8:44 AM
No, you aren't the only one who feels that way. Just go to the Dire Grove game forum, and you will see many who feel the same as you. I don't happen to be one of them.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 12, 09 7:53 AM
Why is it that some of us can understand this, and some can't? Charm is so right about not pleasing everyone. No matter what, some will always find something to complain about, that's just the way it is. It does make for interesting reading, though.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 12, 09 6:39 AM
Poppa47 wrote:So BFG, the ball is in your court. Be extremely specific next time around and this type of conversation cannot recur.

You are probably correct, Poppa. We will only have the conversation about people not being able to afford a CE, and that it is not fair that a CE is released earlier than a regular version---and blah blah blah! LOL Sorry, couldn't resist. I still have more to play in the regular version of Dire Grove, and I am loving it! I certainly don't need the morphing objects to love this game! Thank you, BF!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 11, 09 2:56 PM
ducle wrote:
I've played the demo and read parts of the walkthrough. I agree with the people who say that the morphing objects aren't intrinsic to the gameplay, but instead lead to a bonus achievement that's only in the CE. And that's also probably what BFG thought when it turned out the differing versions. To me, that's a far more plausible explanation than that BFG is trying to delude, cheat, or rip off anyone.

I totally agree with what was said here. I never expected the morphing objects to be in the regular version, so I am not disappointed in the least. I feel that all who bought the CE, paid to have all the extras, including the morphing objects which led to the bonus achievements. Having finished the demo, and downloaded the full version, I can't wait to get started on my journey through Dire Grove later this evening!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 11, 09 2:25 PM
I got the full game downloaded and will start it all over tonight! I love it so far, and can't wait!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 11, 09 8:03 AM
I just played the demo, and with all of the CE reviews, I knew it would be good. And it is, of course! My concern was, whether the game would run on my computer. It doesn't have close to the amount of memory in the specs. Although, HE Devil's Triangle had the same specs for memory, and I had no problem with that game at all. So, I started the demo, hoping that video and everything would work. And lo and behold, everything worked great! No hesitations in video, no slowness in the game play, no problem with cursor, and graphics were gorgeous! I was thrilled! So, I will be using a game coupon to buy this one! What doesn't make sense to me, is my system more than meets the requirements for yesterday's TGT, Jane Angel, (which I truly wanted to like, maybe buy). The graphics were a little fuzzy, and after a couple of scenes, the right half of the screen (diagonally) started flickering/flashing, and getting out of the game and going back in made no difference. So I just uninstalled it. No sale for me. Thank you BF team, whatever it is you do when you create your wonderful games, I certainly appreciate that I can play them!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 11, 09 6:02 AM
If you go to the blog, there is a walkthrough for this game now. It was posted 12/10.

It does say that it is for both, I guess.

posted in The Mysterious Past of Gregory Phoenix on Dec 6, 09 6:34 PM
I went to the site and looked at it. Is it mostly adventure, or hog, or is it pretty much even on both?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator