Posts created by nomatt

posted in Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades on Jan 14, 11 5:41 AM
littlecaplin wrote:for those of us who already bought the collectors it would be nice to see 2 new games on the days they release a game for the second time around. I don't consider it a new release when I already bought it 3-4 weeks ago

Seconded. Especially during weeks like this one when there is nothing decent for HOG fans. Yet another gameless week for me.

posted in Crossworlds: The Flying City on Jan 8, 11 12:47 AM
Have you not got to the school part yet? Bogwarts? Or met our heroines friend, Jon Beastley?

posted in Crossworlds: The Flying City on Jan 8, 11 12:42 AM
My first impression was 'what an old fashioned game', but I persevered. It's actually rather good. None of the bells and whistles of Phantasmat but just quite challenging little puzzles and HOScenes. I think it's a buy for me, it seems slightly harder and more simplistic than recent offerings but is all the more refreshing for that. Oh and it's all in English for me.
Yeah, don't give up on it too soon.

posted in Phantasmat Collector's Edition on Jan 6, 11 2:44 AM
Fantastic game, more please.

posted in The Curse of the Ring on Jan 2, 11 2:34 AM
This game will not run for me at all. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, reinstalled Adobe and Shockwave, Graphics drivers are from last week. Ran out of things to try. When I start the game the screen goes black with an egg timer and sits there for ever. I would like to play this game but it seems determined to stop me. Have now uninstalled it again. Sigh.

posted in The Curse of the Ring on Jan 1, 11 1:32 AM
I have had hundreds of games from BF without a hitch. Yesterdays game kept rebooting the PC so ended up being uninstalled, pity because I liked and would have bought it. Todays game just refuses to run. Black screen with egg timer waits forever. Task manager then Identifies it as AppWinTitle, which says to me it hasn't installed correctly. Uninstall/reinstall just the same. Another game binned, sigh.

posted in Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower on Dec 31, 10 9:15 PM
lisam63 wrote:
muesliriegel wrote:I have a serious prob with starting this game - it shuts down all running programmes and restarts my laptop everytime I try to play. Every kind of driver is updated and this prob never happened so far with any other kind of game.

Could you pls have a look into this? Thanks.

i am having the same problem too
altho i am on my home desktop not a laptop. also when it automatically rebooted it ran a disk check..as if my pc shut down improperly...
the last time i tried the game i lost my internet connection too..dunno if that was a coincidence or not ??

And me. I updated my graphics drivers and reinstalled the game but no go, it might play, it might not but usually reboots my PC when I close the game, occasionally when opening it. Shame, it looked quite a nice game but I can't be bothered with the hassle so now it's uninstalled.

Seems the standard of CEs will come down until we are paying more for what are actually just decent games, good marketing, but as a customer I can't help feeling I'm being cheated somewhere. Don't get me wrong, it is a very good game, but not too long ago it would not have been a CE. I bought it anyway so the strategy is working, wish I were a shareholder.
Anyway, like I said it is a nice game but I have a few niggles with it. Firstly, I wish developers would not offer full screen for games that are framed. Having two inch patterned strips down the sides does not make it full screen! Secondly, I really wish developers would offer an option to turn off those stupid sparkles. I can usually ask for a hint if I get stuck, I neither want or need hand holding. Thirdly, TRY IT is approx 250Mb, FULL UNLIMITED is what? It usually states the file size, but this one didn't. I'm guessing by the length of time it took to install the 'full' version that it is almost the same. I think I, like quite a few others here, am coming to the point where I stop buying CE games, they are rapidly becoming the norm rather than special.

posted in Awakening: Moonfell Wood on Dec 26, 10 12:17 AM
Great game, nice to have a decent HOG for a change (been a bit thin on the ground lately) Love how many puzzles there are. For wife and myself, it's mainly the puzzles that make these games, hidden objects are fine but bring on the puzzles.
Oh, and Happy Christmas and a happy new year to all, God bless us, every one.

Snapped up after 20 minutes. Exactly what wife and I like. It seems like so many other good quality games, a nice balance of HOGs and decent puzzles, searching and exploring. Best of all you can turn off sparkles, thank you for that. Full screen on my 22" widescreen with nice graphics. I'd buy one of these every week if possible.
Thank you BF, Excellent game.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets on Nov 26, 10 12:41 AM
Same here but eventually I got it. I think I'm a little dissapointed with it. Only played 20 minutes so haven't really given it a chance but those sparkles! Why don't developers give the option to turn them off? Completely ruins the game for me, I just can't be bothered to carry on with it, might try again later. It may as well have a 'finish' button, the sparkles hold your hand all the time. In my 20 minutes there were no mini games or puzzles but like I say, I haven't given it much chance really.

Everybody is different eh? Personally I think the MCF series has moved forward yet again. Fantastic game.
When's the next one due out?

After my problems installing the game first time around it started downloading again. Thankfully it worked, must be the 'fixed' version. A fully working game at last. Nice one BF.

Wow, 10 pages of technical issues 3 hours after release? I played the hour with no problems. Then I bought the game and waited for it to download. It got to 100% then validated, then went back to 98%. It did this three times then the game manager minimised. I got it back up and there was no 13th skull in the my games section. In games in progress it was though, waiting to download! I'm currently waiting for it to download again! Not good.

posted in Fiction Fixers: The Curse of OZ on Nov 21, 10 3:19 AM
I was looking for the forum too, always good to have other opinions before buying. I have played almost all the hour then bought it anyway. Seems a very easy game, not much challenge. I am on chapter 4 and there are only eight, used no hints on expert mode, very easy game. Had a quick look at the walkthrough, just to get an idea of the length mind, seems chapter 4 is around a third through so maybe later chapters get more complicated. A nice game all the same.

posted in Luxor: 5th Passage on Nov 19, 10 3:10 AM
Tomorrow being Saturday, does that mean we won't get Hidden Mysteries: Salem Witches this week after all?

Not a CE. I was so looking forward to this game. It seems BF have lowered their prices but plan to recoop by offering games as CEs for higher prices. Firstly, those stupid sparkles. Why do developers insist we are led by the hand with every area of interest sparkling away shouting "here I am"? An option to turn them off would seem to obvious. Secondly, The electric puzzle, Simple enough, but my solution followed a slightly different route so was deemed wrong. It met the objective, IE. join both ends but it only accepts one route? Poor. Thirdly, full screen does not fill my 22 wide screen, there are two inch gaps down each side. Lastly, it isn't a large enough download or a polished enough game to warrant a CE sticker. I have played half an hour and don't get me wrong, it is a good game but it certainly isn't worth a CE. A few months ago it would have been released as just another game. I'm going to wait for the SE with this one. Morals before profits please BF.

posted in Tulula: Legend of a Volcano on Nov 16, 10 12:43 AM
I know some people like this game but the only positive thing in it for me was the fact that I can delete it. Every part of it just irritates. 16 minutes and it's gone.

posted in Jane Croft: The Baker Street Murder on Nov 7, 10 1:00 AM
Same here. Straight HOGs have had their day methinks. I tried over clicking, the cursor hides at the bottom for a few seconds (why, to let me know I mis-clicked? but I know that) What it did it did reasonably well, it just didn't do enough for me. Bring on the puzzles and the IHOGs. A no buy for me.

Awesome game. It makes a nice change to get a more 'adult' theme. Some may not like the mild gore etc, personally I don't think it is anything compared to the TV news. Well worth the money.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator