Posts created by Joyfullady

posted in Fantastic Farm on Dec 5, 09 5:03 AM
Thank you - thank you, Surfmistress - wool it was indeed. Unfortunately, I restarted it 4 times and reinstalled it - LOL! Took me a while to feed the cat and find the direct square hit! but I love him. If I can figure out the little numbers and item differences I think this is a game I will enjoy almost as much as Ranch. Have to watch where that feather lands or I can't find it, even with my computer glasses. By the way how do you cut/paste and enter a copy in the blue? Thanks again!

posted in Fantastic Farm on Dec 4, 09 6:20 AM
Just finished the trial mode and checking here before buying. I absolutely love Ranch and this is very similar. As one of the older members of the gaming group - my biggest problem is the smallness of the numbers and seeing the orders. It is sometimes difficult to distinquish between the feather and the sweater. The one thing I appreciate about Ranch is it has items and numbers large enough to view them and keep up with orders. It slows me down horribly to try and squint to see how many and what is needed even by the cow when you are trying to hurry. It is also hard to distinquish the seeds on the bags, I'm learning by placement. Is there a way to solve this problem as I'm sure I would love this game as much as Ranch as I adore the extra animals - like the cat!

I'm editing my comments, I purchased the game and it is installed. I had bought the chicken just when my trial time ran out. So I've finished every task except I've fed and picked up 10 dozen eggs and it still says I need two dozen more and I can't end the game. Also, the cows each have one bottle of milk and say to feed them 3 wheat but after I feed them - I don't get a second bottle of milk. Do the sheep, cows, etc. only produce one item at a time for gathering. In ranch you can gather 3 of each item ahead of time. I don't remember it saying anything in the tutitoral on how many items will be produced for finishing other orders.

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Nov 29, 09 9:13 AM
This game is enchanting and beautiful scenes, challenging rooms - the trial time went so fast - we had to buy it! Just realized we've been playing over 3 hours. Yes it is a HOG but there is so much more to it that the HOG scenes just kind of fit in and didn't take up much of the time. Plus there are unusual things you have to do to find one clue - which makes it fun! So many rooms, puzzles, and things to find and fit in that it is really intriguing! The games are a mixed bag of challenges - very creative. Some objects are a bit small or a little dark for my mom's 82 year old eyes - but she is really enjoying the game as well. Definitely suggest this as a buy - lucky I'd saved my game credit for Dire but will use it for December. BFG - loves it when my mom comes to visit - I bought 10 games this month! Lunch and back to the game!! There is a walk through if you really really get stuck or are in a hurry. Don't forget to check your journal for clues on what to do next!

posted in Hidden Expedition ® - Devil's Triangle on Nov 25, 09 5:25 AM
Absolutely loved the game!!!!!! Well worth my game credit! A lot of thought went into this game. The characters and scenery were wonderful and zaney. Wasn't sure if that teethy looking fish would swallow me like Jonah and the whale - same with the very large eagle! Mini games were great not to hard or easy - was a shock when I needed a hint on how to play one of them to have it finish the task - need at least 1-2 hints on how to proceed without ending it - ruined the fun of it. Liked not getting penalized for clicking. That last puzzle was a musical challenge - but so in tune with the character of the game! Can't wait for Triangle 2 - do we get to visit more of the islands?

posted in Scrapbook Paige on Nov 22, 09 3:05 AM
Helpful hint - I was stuck in the trial mode for 45 minutes trying to figure out how to move to the next chapter after creating the customer page and receiving the third star. I could not get out no matter what I tried. I was being so creative with embellishments I'd removed the two elements the customer had me place on the page (tree and tag). Once they were placed back on the page - a box with "done" appeared for me to leave the area. Cute game - love being able to change the backgrounds and add things - haven't decided if it is a buy or not - would definitely like a game where you could totally create your own pages as the graphics are good in relation to scrapbooking. I love to scrapbook!

posted in Enlightenus on Nov 19, 09 8:18 PM
I ended up with 80 and was quite surprised at how easy the game was for us to play. Just had to hurry the charging a bit on a couple clues or we'd had the 83. Beautiful scenery, I played it with my 82 year old mother and we laughed so hard at some of the clues and matches. We found the game enjoyable and not difficult to play. Kept her attention and didn't frustrate us with horribly impossible tasks. We did it in three two hour - two and a half hour sessions and even found the secret room and didn't have to use a walk through. For us that is pretty impressive! because we usually get fed up with searching and use a lot of clues or find a walk through - LOL! Looking forward to the next one - our only regret is we wished we'd checked out the forum and read about the character paintings being the real developers - we would have looked more closely at all the pictures! Next time! Also hope they include more locations to do the hidden clue objects instead of so many repeats - of course you get to know the areas. One thing that totally through us and we have to laugh now - was we were in the secret room and went looking for it - thinking we'd missed it and were disappointed thinking we'd not found it when we went back to the ending of the game. Which is why I came to the forum to see where we'd gone wrong - imagine our complete surprise to finally read the forum and look at the walk through to find we were in it! LOL

I'm really looking forward to this game as I've enjoyed the others. I loved the intrigueing picture with the snow and car. Reminds me of PA and the Doren Estate which consisted of the main building, several different out buildings and lodges, plus stables, and even a children's house with a complete 1950's soda shop in it! So I'm really really hoping it is not a Blair Witch, Witchcraft, Shinning suplement or a bloody gruesome tale. I don't mind a few ghosts and a not so bloody whodunit murder - but definitely not the Blair Witch type.

Does anyone produce things like Sierra used to with King's Quest, Laura Bow, Thief's Quest, etc.? Although they were at first graphic lacking - they had great appeal for following a story line and performing different tasks with different results. Sometimes they were silly and light hearted, sometimes the clues drove you mad - but such fun! They were great family adventure games lasting hours. Since we are turning our TV off more and more these days as we are beseiged with murder, war and drugs I vote for some good family quality games that aren't just for children.

posted in Around the World in 80 Days on Nov 2, 09 7:01 PM
Great Pepper - I finally got to England but can't figure out how to get all the items moved in time - is there a trick to this? or just patience? Joy

posted in Hidden Wonders of the Depths on Oct 19, 09 1:22 PM
Hi - unfortunately the rebuild didn't come in until after the $2.99 special was over so I didn't purchase it. Maybe they can offer it again. Thanks - have a good day!

posted in Hidden Wonders of the Depths on Oct 18, 09 4:00 PM
Whew - I was scared it was my computer. It updated windows this morning and I thought it screwed things up. I tried to download the game twice and got the same message, but when I downloaded Enlightenus (sp) it went just fine. I sent a tech report in before I decided to check it out here. Looked like a fun game from the video. Maybe next time.

posted in Around the World in 80 Days on Oct 17, 09 8:33 PM
Hi Toiffie - I'm stuck in China and the game keeps making me start over at the first item - I'm on round 16 of restarts. Did your games save where you left off? Any help welcome.

posted in Around the World in 80 Days on Oct 17, 09 8:30 PM
I am also stuck in China I get to the sixth item and just about get it when time runs out - I wouldn't mind so much if it saved the game where I left off. But each time I have to restart at the beginning of China - this didn't happen with the other levels and I was really enjoying the game. This was my 16th time of starting China so I'm about to give up - any suggestions?

posted in Supercow on Oct 9, 09 6:26 AM
No - but I'd love to find it. Do you remember what level it was?

posted in Supercow on Oct 9, 09 6:25 AM
I love this game as well - but I am stuck on Level 8 - 1 where there is a glitch I can't seem to get around and get stuck on the rocks just over the exit. Has anyone had this problem and solved it?

posted in Supercow on Oct 9, 09 6:20 AM
So far that is the only one I'm stuck on and I've had to restart three times now as I always seen to end up in that small area of rocks. Has anyone found a way out of the glitch?

posted in Ranch Rush on Jun 19, 09 5:55 PM
I join all the other fish in the pond wanting a Ranch Rush 2 and room to put everything. Lets add a pesky raccoon or squirrels to the madhouse - hate the bugs.

posted in Pocahontas: Princess of the Powhatan on May 4, 09 8:33 PM
Hats off that two new designers are trying their luck at designing a game and watching the forums to improve the game and content. The story line you have created has great potential, but you need to do some historical background reading before putting a game out there. Children learn a lot from games and historical facts are important. Loose the rocking ship - I got sea sick. I liked the mixture of short puzzles you were trying to create besides the searches. I cannot for the life of me figure out how people got lost in the maze - I thought they were very simplistic, but would have preferred a character walking rather than whatever the thing was you used. Perhaps when your graphic design and characterization skills develop you can do another version. I believe Disney World Studios offers classes you could take advantage of or check out local colleges. I applaud you for at least trying and that for you I'm sure was half the fun. I won't be purchasing this game in its current offering but look forward to a newer version. I don't mind hidden objects, but some of yours were a bit difficult to discern. Since I realized rubies came in different colors that wasn't a challenge - hats off for stumping some people. Putting more historical items in the mix that are of the time period would be good and perhaps creating items such as something in the treasure chest and finding a key from another area would be good. Also having a surprise item which gives an additional hint.

The game needs work on character development and speech. The puppet like characters with balloons are funny. I'd rather hear them speak as well and move - I think this will come with practice and learning more about design. Also, check out Native American dress for the time period and the village time periods, do some investigation in museums and with curators. You can fill a much needed area that could be marketed to schools and parents. It's different to create a game that has historical documentation. Sorry, I work with the History Department of our college - so I'm a bit more critical. And my ancestors actually were on the Mayflower and some 2-3 generations later married Native Americans. I'm sure we'll be hearing from you again. By the way - a niche that needs to be filled are the games that Sierra lost when they were bought out - like King's Quest, Laura Bow, etc. I loved these games and haven't found anything to match them.

posted in Alchemist's Apprentice on Apr 23, 09 1:57 PM
I'm not sure where you found a way to increase the time, or where the other person could play easy play. But I have opened everything I could and found no way to do either. I'm asking to return the game and exchange it. I love the graphics and large stones and idea - but after 30 + tries at 2.8 enough is enough! Thanks.

posted in Alchemist's Apprentice on Apr 20, 09 8:40 PM
After playing the trial for the first hour and getting to 2.6 fairly easily, I purchased the game and then was shocked when I reached 2.8! I cannot get past it and have tried 16th times! I can barely get to 1/2 the coins before the time runs out. I have upgraded all the buildings once, except for the castle. I can get extra time and the thunder, but at this level I never get the Irish fellow - whom I really enjoyed as I could catch as many as 30 extra coins to add to my catch. Barely any coins show up even when I match the coins to the treasury to add extra coins. I like the size of the matching tiles, the color is a bit bright, but if I'd known I'd have this much trouble I'm not sure I would have played it without the relaxed mode choice. Any suggestions on getting past this level and on to the next?

I think I like Yard Sale much better - it is really whimsical and funny. Love sanding furniture!

posted in Adventures of Robinson Crusoe on Mar 16, 09 1:47 PM
Thank you Soynocha and Midnight1864 for the welcome to the pond. This is all new to me. We'll replay Robinson and see what the changes are - it will keep my 82 year old mother occupied. The winter months have dragged on for her - so I introduced her to computer gaming - now we can't seem to get her off it. We'll take a look at In The City. A poster named lizziek has the most wonderful photo shots and clues for some of the games. This pollywog will be seeing you around.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator