Posts created by katejoe999

posted in Green Moon on Jan 23, 10 2:25 AM
Hi, that confused me too but I think the picture shows what you have put in the potion and clicking the picture of an ingredient takes it out.
Hope that helps.

posted in The Otherside: Realm of Eons on Dec 7, 09 12:28 AM
Looks like they forgot to program in the the exit cross on that one!

posted in The Otherside: Realm of Eons on Dec 6, 09 4:03 AM
It is slow paced and pretty easy, but once I let myself get into the pace I've been enjoying it.
Pretty to look at, good story line, a bit off beat, enough to while away some time till the next good IHOG comes out.

posted in The Otherside: Realm of Eons on Dec 6, 09 3:58 AM
I may be missing something, but when I was in the carnival and on the hammer strength game, I opened the tutorial to see what to do and couldn't exit out of it. The other tutorial windows have an exit button, but this one didn't.
Anybody else strike this?

posted in Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper on Dec 3, 09 1:33 AM
This is a standard HOG. I've seen better and I've seen worse. I'm enjoying IHogs so much nowadays that these games now get me bored fairly quickly.

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual on Nov 22, 09 5:55 PM
Hi,
This may not be much help but I think I cut my wire from the inventory. I was clicking around with the wire and the pliers and got it. I may have clicked bench accidentally and I had asked to borrow it first. This has been the most frustrating part of the game - trying to combine things. I had trouble combining photo and glue etc and had to check walkthrough. I knew what I had to do but the game seems to be very specific about order.
Other wise I am enjoying it.

posted in Alabama Smith in the Quest of Fate on Nov 12, 09 1:03 AM
This game is brilliant in my view. Interactive, beautiful graphics, lovely little touches and I'm even having to think. Am half an hour in and only hope it's not too short!

posted in Kellie Stanford: Turn of Fate on Nov 9, 09 2:31 AM
Looks like a barbie version of Avenue Flo!
Not really into applying make up on a cartoon that looks fine already.
And the cursor changes into a hand on objects you need. I only did 10 mins demo so maybe that was the tutorial.
Patience is a virtue!

posted in The Dracula Files on Nov 8, 09 3:03 AM
Yet another who didn't make it through the demo. Didn't like it at all.
Patience is a virtue and I will always check daily in the hope of another goodie.

posted in The Dracula Files on Nov 8, 09 1:21 AM
Hi, haven't tried this yet but am downloading now. Would just like to add that I also found the game 'Campfire Legends, The Hookman' brilliant, at least as far as the short demo took me. It does seem to take a bit longer for some games to get to BFG but then they are cheaper and I never have any problems with downloads.
Will check our Dracula Files.

posted in The Return of Monte Cristo on Nov 5, 09 1:22 AM
Hello,
This game is a fairly straight HOG which was starting to bore me as my hour was up. We've had some great HOG/adventure games, much more interactive and now I find it hard to go back to straight HOGs. A nice game although some objects hard to find.

posted in 1912: Titanic Mystery on Nov 1, 09 3:19 AM
I think there is a lot more going on in game development in the HOG slash adventure game front. In fact I reckon we are starting to see all games tied up together. I have played match 3 games with a hidden object game in them and time management game elements in aventure games. Long live it I say. All the fun in one. As long as the developers are smart enough to make it a fun playable game.

posted in The Tudors on Oct 28, 09 4:19 PM
Hi all,
This one not for me either, have been far too spoiled by the good interactive games.
But when will the game developers give up penalising us for clicking around?? I hate swirling cursors or blanked out screens just cos I want to check things out.
Note to game makers! :-)

posted in Hidden Expedition ® - Devil's Triangle on Oct 25, 09 6:07 PM
Hi.
I loved this game. Good mixture of puzzles, hidden object, inventory use and thinking.
Brilliant!

posted in Insider Tales: The Secret of Casanova on Oct 15, 09 3:06 AM
Hi,
I bought this game after playing the first level and now regret it. Too slow moving for me and some sneaky hidden objects like a misshapen spade on a road sign. I'm also finding the cursor cumbersome which I normally don't have a problem with.
I much prefer more interactive games and agree with the comment about exploring.
Pity cos it looked like it had potential!

posted in Lost City of Z: Special Edition on Sep 17, 09 5:32 AM
Hi,
I didn't like the "grabbing random things" message either. I seemed to get it every third click. Also very frustrating in the torch scenes where it didn't want to let me pick things up. Also agree with comments about the radar.
Game has potential but won't be buying it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator