Posts created by RainbowExplorer

posted in The Stroke of Midnight on Jan 25, 11 7:30 PM
While I've only been involved in computer gaming for 6 months or so, I began my playing "career" using the first gaming website I encountered - NOT BFG! While I'm grateful to that website for "turning me onto" computer gaming, the prices there were outrageous, their staff attempted to overcharge my account on at least one occasion, & the customer service was nonexistent. Fortunately, I had the sense to only purchase two games from them (which I live, forever, with the fear that I will somehow damage or corrupt, thus necessitating recontacting that company - something I'd never CHOOSE to do, again!).

I have certainly had MY share of computer & gaming issues, since I've amassed 70 - 80 BFG games. Nearly every time, I've been CONVINCED that the problem has been on BFG's end of the situation. Truthfully, however, nearly every time, I've ended up EVENTUALLY (after MEGA-WORK/RESEARCH), learned that the problem lies elsewhere.

In at least two cases, I have contacted the game manufacturers DIRECTLY, about the flaws/problems & have been informed they are aware of them, but did not necessarily notify BFG about them. I have received corrected copies of the games, FROM THE MANUFACTURERS, themselves. They have, then, gone on to work with BFG to correct the flaw(s), for everyone else.

Both of the computers I own, are "hand-me-downs", passed along to me, by friends who were upgrading their own computers. I am DELIGHTED to have them, as they work beautifully & I haven't had to pay a cent to purchase them. However, I HAVE needed to upgrade the amount of memory & their video cards, from time to time. Neither of these has been excessively expensive & have fixed NUMEROUS problems I had previously had with some of my BFG games.

The BIGGEST surprise I've discovered, from having two different computers, both using Windows XP, third edition, is that, despite using the same OS's, there are STILL some games I can play on ONE of my computers, but not the other. It varies from game to game & I cannot explain why there is such a high degree of arbitariness, between the two computers. They are NOT the same brands, nor do they contain identical software products or security programs. Undoubtedly, those differences impact my game playing abilities.

BFG is not in control of any of the above issues & I will stick with them, due to their reasonable prices, high quality games, & exceptional CUSTOMER SERVICE!

posted in The Stroke of Midnight on Jan 25, 11 7:27 PM
While I've only been involved in computer gaming for 6 months or so, I began my playing "career" using the first gaming website I encountered - NOT BFG! While I'm grateful to that website for "turning me onto" computer gaming, the prices there were outrageous, their staff attempted to overcharge my account on at least one occasion, & the customer service was nonexistent. Fortunately, I had the sense to only purchase two games from them (which I live, forever, with the fear that I will somehow damage or corrupt, thus necessitating recontacting that company - something I'd never CHOOSE to do, again!).

I have certainly had MY share of computer & gaming issues, since I've amassed 70 - 80 BFG games. Nearly every time, I've been CONVINCED that the problem has been on BFG's end of the situation. Truthfully, however, nearly every time, I've ended up EVENTUALLY (after MEGA-WORK/RESEARCH), learned that the problem lies elsewhere.

In at least two cases, I have contacted the game manufacturers DIRECTLY, about the flaws/problems & have been informed they are aware of them, but did not necessarily notify BFG about them. I have received corrected copies of the games, FROM THE MANUFACTURERS, themselves. They have, then, gone on to work with BFG to correct the flaw(s), for everyone else.

Both of the computers I own, are "hand-me-downs", passed along to me, by friends who were upgrading their own computers. I am DELIGHTED to have them, as they work beautifully & I haven't had to pay a cent to purchase them. However, I HAVE needed to upgrade the amount of memory & their video cards, from time to time. Neither of these has been excessively expensive & have fixed NUMEROUS problems I had previously had with some of my BFG games.

The BIGGEST surprise I've discovered, from having two different computers, both using Windows XP, third edition, is that, despite using the same OS's, there are STILL some games I can play on ONE of my computers, but not the other. It varies from game to game & I cannot explain why there is such a high degree of arbitariness, between the two computers. They are NOT the same brands, nor do they contain identical software products or security programs. Undoubtedly, those differences impact my game playing abilities.

BFG is not in control of any of the above issues & I will stick with them, due to their reasonable prices, high quality games, & exceptional CUSTOMER SERVICE!

posted in Crossworlds: The Flying City on Jan 9, 11 3:57 AM
MargieB wrote:
Oh My

I believe it was in the Jerry McGuire movie that the girl said "You had me at hello" well in my case, it was "you had me at 50 votes".

We aim to please here at Big Fish Games, so we will make a walkthrough for this game. Prpldva will be taking one for the team and is giving up her weekend plans to write this walkthrough.

Please keep in mind that good thorough walkthroughs take a little time to complete, so please be patient while she gets it done.

--------- I will make an announcement once
--------------the walkthrough goes live!

Thanks to all who voted.

MargieB

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH, MARGIE, B.!!!!!!! I happen to be one of those who DESPARATELY needs a WALKTHROUGH! I've got 5 robo-heads and NO idea how to put them on or take them off! I never have been much of a mechanically minded person and I've never repaired a robot in my LIFE! HUGS TO YOU! Rainbow Explorer

posted in Adventure Chronicles: The Search for Lost Treasure on Nov 4, 10 10:52 PM
Thankfully, Lizzie posted the answer to the Sand Wall Puzzle, elsewhere in this forum. Here's what she posted and it worked for me, so I believe it is reliable. I was about to pull my hair out, when I discovered this simple visual image of the puzzle's solution! Enjoy! Janiece P.S. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lizzie!!!!

Lizziek posted this in another thread...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .U. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . ._________ | ________ . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . | . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . |. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . |. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .|_________. . . . . . . . . |. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . |. . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . |. . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . .|________ | . . . . . . .. . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .|__________________ . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |. . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |. . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .|_________ . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . |. . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . |. . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . 0 . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . .0. . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

posted in Robin's Quest: A Legend Born on Oct 7, 10 1:19 AM
Thanks, Robin, for all the time you took to so thoroughly answer my questions. You were EXACTLY RIGHT! I had the sequence of locations and events out of order (I have multiple disabilities and since I had a recent fall with a concussion, my brain doesn't always track information, especially sequencing and word finding information, as well as it used to. I was able to complete the game without any further problems, once I FINALLY figured out where the Logging Shed was. I didn't find the map to be as thorough/complete as I would have liked, so I didn't refer to it much (especially when the program would NOT give me the freedom to go ANYWHERE I WANTED, any TIME I wanted, to the various locations, on the map.

Merci Beaucoup!

Janiece/RainbowExplorer

posted in Dream Chronicles on Oct 4, 10 5:20 AM
"....The question I have, is one that has been asked several times, in this thread, however, I'm beginning to believe that it is a GLITCH in the program, because NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO ANSWER the question, which leads me to believe no one has been able to solve it.

Every time a person plays the game, the computer changes some aspects of it, so as to keep it interesting and fresh. One of the areas, in this game, that changes with each new player/game, is the amount/amounts of fruit, toys, and/or books required to accurately weigh down the five gate post weights. My computer is adamantly REFUSING to allowing me to place more than one item on each gate weight, yet, nearly all of the toys/books/fruit I have to work with do NOT exactly match the weights required on the post numbers.

Finally, I have five different items that have successfully been matched with each of the pole weights (and the messages from the computer confirm this), however, the gate to the city STILL refuses to open, even though all of the gate weight lock requirements are met.

The Walkthrough I read was NOT helpful, on this subject, as the author had different weight amounts to match, plus, her computer would allow her to place up to three different items on ONE pole weight, where my computer won't. I've spent literallly HOURS trying to match up the correct weights, for the gate lock and now that I have them all sorted out, it's frustrating to STILL not have the city gates open.

If this IS a GLITCH in the system, how can I go about getting it fixed? I know the game came out about three years ago. Perhaps newer software and/or operating systems have created a problem, during the intervening years - or even being on IE8, rather than IE7???

I'd appreciate any help I could get with this, as I cannot move forward with this new game I've purchased, until SOMEHOW the city gate opens, for me.

Thanks so much!

Janiece

posted in Dream Chronicles on Oct 4, 10 5:10 AM
Hi Everyone!

I've read through this column "Welcome to Dream Chronicles Forum", from start to finish. It's AMAZING how many people ASK THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER AGAIN (e.g., "Is there a Walkthrough anywhere for this game?", "What do I do with the books and the crystal in the Library?", "How do I get the pictures to appear when the piano plays, in the Living Room Scene?", etc.

If most people would take FIVE MINUTES to read through THIS COLUMN, they would EASILY FIND THOSE QUESTIONS have already been answered HERE, MULTIPLE TIMES!

The question I have, is one that has been asked several times, in this thread, however, I'm beginning to believe that it is a GLITCH in the program, because NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO ANSWER the question, which leads me to believe no one has been able to solve it.

Every time a person plays the game, the computer changes some aspects of it, so as to keep it interesting and fresh. One of the areas, in this game, that changes with each new player/game, is the amount/amounts of fruit, toys, and/or books required to accurately weigh down the five gate post weights. My computer is adamantly REFUSING to allowing me to place more than one item on each gate weight, yet, nearly all of the toys/books/fruit I have to work with do NOT exactly match the weights required on the post numbers.

Finally, I have five different items that have successfully been matched with each of the pole weights (and the messages from the computer confirm this), however, the gate to the city STILL refuses to open, even though all of the gate weight lock requirements are met.

The Walkthrough I read was NOT helpful, on this subject, as the author had different weight amounts to match, plus, her computer would allow her to place up to three different items on ONE pole weight, where my computer won't. I've spent literallly HOURS trying to match up the correct weights, for the gate lock and now that I have them all sorted out, it's frustrating to STILL not have the city gates open.

If this IS a GLITCH in the system, how can I go about getting it fixed? I know the game came out about three years . Perhaps newer software and/or operating systems have created a problem, during the intervening years - or even being on IE8, rather than IE7???

I'd appreciate any help I could get with this, as I cannot move forward with this new game I've purchased, until SOMEHOW the city gate opens, for me.

Thanks so much!

J

posted in Robin's Quest: A Legend Born on Oct 3, 10 3:41 PM
Hi!

I already posted this question on another thread, but since I'm not getting any kind of response there, I thought I'd post it here, as well. If someone could PLEASE give me some idea of what to do, I would appreciate it!

. Any suggestions about what to do with THAT?!?!?!?

Thanks for any options you can think of!

Gratefully,

Janiece "

Edited: I removed several spoilers I had posted here, It turns out that the problem I was having was NOT a technical problem, but, rather, a BRAIN GLITCH, on my own behalf. I got the sequence of events and locations out of order and so I couldn't figure out where to go next. Robin already answered my question, on another thread. Thanks Robin!!!

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Oct 2, 10 6:23 PM
grommitt wrote: am stuck in Paris. I found some hidden suns, fluer de lis & lightning bolts. I cannot find anymore. Please help, as I cannot go any further. All help would be greatly appreciated, especially the pictures.

Hi Grommitt!

This is a TECHNICAL PROBLEM that others, as well as myself have encountered. I have reported it on the TECHNICAL PROBLEMS thread, (at the top of this Forum), FYI. For now, just click on the "Skip Game" button and you'll be able to go on with the rest of the game without problems.

Best wishes!

Janiece

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Oct 2, 10 6:12 PM
Well, hi there!

It seems that I am NOT the only person having the same technical glitch, when the story character goes to the Eiffel Tower, in Paris. I will quote the posts that another member and I made, that are from a different thread, on this topic.........

"Re erpent of Isis Walkthrough available now!
by RainbowExplorer on Oct 2, 10 6:04 PM
Kingsdaughter wrote:
"Please help. I enjoy the game very much, but am stuck now
at the eiffel tower. I am looking through the telescope at the
houses where I have to find the location of the 3 paintings..

I found all of the 'fleur de lis's' and all of the suns, but can't
get passed the flashes..
I already found all as shown in the walkthrough, but still
it won't let me continue.. it doesn't open up the last
location..

Need help..
Tina"

Tina,

I had EXACTLY the same problem. I found ALL of the symbols, on all THREE of the houses (viewed from the Eiffel Tower), however, after removing the FLASH symbols, from the THIRD house, my character failed to make ANY STATEMENTS, telling the name of the house. Additionally, the THIRD HOUSE never showed up on my map, nor could I finish that mini-game, until I finally just clicked on "skip game" button.

At that point, the entire game then proceded on, as it was DESIGNED to do. I believe this is a TECHNICAL GLITCH, so I will report it as such. For now, even though you have SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED that game, your computer probably doesn't KNOW THAT, so I would recommend just clicking the "Skip Game" button, until that problem is fixed. Otherwise, you won't be able to go on with the rest of the game and that's TOO frustrating!

Best wishes!

Janiece "

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Oct 2, 10 6:04 PM
Kingsdaughter wrote:
"Please help. I enjoy the game very much, but am stuck now
at the eiffel tower. I am looking through the telescope at the
houses where I have to find the location of the 3 paintings..

I found all of the 'fleur de lis's' and all of the suns, but can't
get passed the flashes..
I already found all as shown in the walkthrough, but still
it won't let me continue.. it doesn't open up the last
location..

Need help..
Tina"

Tina,

I had EXACTLY the same problem. I found ALL of the symbols, on all THREE of the houses (viewed from the Eiffel Tower), however, after removing the FLASH symbols, from the THIRD house, my character failed to make ANY STATEMENTS, telling the name of the house. Additionally, the THIRD HOUSE never showed up on my map, nor could I finish that mini-game, until I finally just clicked on "skip game" button.

At that point, the entire game then proceded on, as it was DESIGNED to do. I believe this is a TECHNICAL GLITCH, so I will report it as such. For now, even though you have SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED that game, your computer probably doesn't KNOW THAT, so I would recommend just clicking the "Skip Game" button, until that problem is fixed. Otherwise, you won't be able to go on with the rest of the game and that's TOO frustrating!

Best wishes!

Janiece

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Oct 2, 10 8:50 AM
mitthy wrote:How to I get through to Walkthrough?

To find THIS Walkthrough, as well as all Walkthroughs for every other game, look for the Forum Subject Title ("'GAME NAME' WALKTHROUGH IS NOW AVAILABLE") and READ the FIRST POSTING on that Thread/Subject.

You will notice that the word "here" is UNDERLINED, so CLICK ON THE UNDERLINED WORD "here", and it will take you DIRECTLY to the appropriate Walkthrough.

Best Wishes!

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Oct 2, 10 8:42 AM
I'm feeling rather foolish. This is NOT my first HOG, however, I've read everyone else's questions/concerns here, studied the Walkthrough (which doesn't mention much of anything except the numbers to be located, at the Train Station), and no one, thus far, has seemed to have the trouble finding the cockroach, in the early Train Station scene, at nearly the start of the game. I've found everything else, but I'm out of hints (I didn't know that was possible!), and I can't move on to another scene, until I find that blasted critter! I know they prefer the dark, so have been especially scrutinizing the darker areas of the scene, but without success. I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone might have!

Thanks!

Rainbow Explorer

Edited: It turns out I found that nasty cockroach hidden in the red rose on top of the suitcase, resting on the pile of luggage, on the luggage cart. I never actually SAW the critter, but I just randomly clicked everywhere and THAT was the place that FINALLY ended the scene, for me! YAY!

posted in Robin's Quest: A Legend Born on Sep 30, 10 11:43 PM
I purchased "Robin's Quest" today, after being able to trial use it without difficulty. So far, it's been going FINE, UNTIL after I left the home of the Marley's and swindled the Mill Owner's Assistant (who was driving the cart down Sawmill Road). Once I started walking down Sawmill Road, it took me directly to the Sawmill House, without SHOWING OR STOPPING at the Logging Shed.

Thus, I missed TWO CRITICAL HOGs, plus some other critical tasks. I ran into ENDLESS frustration, at the Sawmill House, since I didn't have the proper supplies to repair the sawmill table. For ONE BRIEF PERIOD, my computer DID let me go BACK down the Sawmill Road, to where I could encounter the Logging Shed. I completed the two HOGs and got the flyers/pieces of paper needed, but I didn't KNOW that I was SUPPOSED TO SHARPEN the blades, so I left THAT task undone, when I took all of the supplies BACK to the Sawmill House/Sawmill Tower.

Now, I STILL can't get the sawmill table repaired correctly, because the blades are dull, but NOW, though I've tried MULTIPLE TIMES, I cannot return to the Logging Shed. If I leave the Sawmill House and go down the Sawmill Road, it will take me directly back to the Marley House, without SHOWING or STOPPING at the Logging Shed. Any suggestions about what to do with THAT?!?!?!?

Thanks for any options you can think of!

Gratefully,

Janiece

Edited: This was NOT a technical problem, after all. It was a BRAIN GLITCH, on my behalf. I got the sequence of locations and events out of order, so made a lot of extra work and frustration for myself. Ooops! Thanks anyway!

posted in Robin's Quest: A Legend Born on Sep 30, 10 11:26 PM
Robin,

Thanks for your help. You are correct. I have all of Friar John's powers and his biography is in my book, but I've never seen him again, nor had any characters refer to him. I checked and he's still sitting around the campfire, in Sherwood Forest, doing absolutely NOTHING! Good thing I don't need his PHYSICAL presence, to get my quests done!

Gratefully,

Janiece

posted in Robin's Quest: A Legend Born on Sep 30, 10 5:54 PM
Friar John was sitting under the tree in the field next to where the chest of gold was hidden and the ox plowed it up. I gave him the 6 pieces of his pardon and he agreed to be one of my Merry Men, but the next place I saw him, was chatting with the young boy who taught me how to shoot arrows. They were both at the campfire site, where the boy initially taught me how to do archery. Friar John had nothing to say to me, nor did he come with me and the archery boy just said the same words he said to me, when I last left him. There WAS a carnival tent set up there, in Sherwood Forest, that wasn't there before. How do I get Friar John to STICK with me, so I can get past the priest at the church?!?!?!?

Thanks for your help!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator