Posts created by CasualGran

posted in Myths of the World: Love Beyond Collector's Edition on Feb 8, 18 9:35 AM
Hi Woolster!

I really can relate to what you're saying about possibilities and preferences. I'm approaching 68 and I'm beginning to experience the same things you're describing. Specially to be wanting to enjoy the scenery a bit longer sometimes then trying to earn an achievement. Some developers have such beautiful graphics in their games and a lot of fantasy in characters and objects. Eyecandy does a lot, even when a gamestory isn't that strong or original.

Apart from this, welcome to the club and have lots of fun swimming in this quality gamepond!

Greetings from a Dutch fishie.

CasualGran

posted in Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition on Dec 5, 15 4:30 AM
BadPookie thanks a million for this information!

posted in The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus 2 on Sep 25, 15 2:11 PM
Can anyone find the Egyptian eye in the opening street scene? Please pm me about it to not spoil the solution for others. Thanks!

CasualGran

shelterhill wrote:
cheekyoops wrote:Almost every ERS game I've played involved hurting / poisoning animals. It's at that point that I quit playing. This game, it happened in the first five minutes.

They are werewolves, not real animals. It didn't bother me
While at grim facade people got hanged, didn't hear people complain about that. And that bothered me big time..

Exactly! I do so agree with you! Call me old fashioned, but I like to see the characters in a game being alive and healthy at the end! And that includes the animals!

posted in Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition on Jan 24, 15 4:54 AM
Voice over disappeared. Game froze during the trial. Had to restart my pc to get out. After restart I instantly deleted the trial. No buy here. Game not suitable for Windows 8.1 64 bit.

posted in Heroes of Hellas on Dec 7, 14 12:03 PM
You're so wright Geodvo, this is a very very difficult level to beat. In fact, if you don't succeed in breaking the locks of the tiles in the very beginning of the level, you're not going to make it. Time will beat you every time, even if you use as much pink tiles as you can get to slow down the clock. It's frustrating. So... you certainly do have my sympathy, it's just that I cen't help you in any way. You must choose: keep on trying till luck is with you, or abort this game alltogether.

I think I'll keep on trying. Now that I have gotten this far in the game.

posted in Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween on Oct 31, 14 11:50 AM
The gizbelt is your second inventory. Some objects will be stored here to use more than once. Also, these objects get stronger each time you use them.

Hope this was helpful!

posted in Fright Collector's Edition on Jul 5, 14 5:46 AM
Really appreciate the updates the developer has provided, but even after installing the second update I still couldn't make the hose operational in the Bonus Game. It's still hangeing in the air. I can move it around, and that's it. Maybe the issue would solve itself if I started the whole game over. But I'm not in the mood for that right now. Pity I couldn't finish the Bonus Game, but I'm uninstalling the game now.

posted in Fright Collector's Edition on Jul 1, 14 6:48 AM
Unfortunately the patch didn't solve the problem I had in the Bonus game with the hose.

posted in Fright Collector's Edition on Jun 29, 14 1:51 AM
After the first 20 or so conversations the voices disappeared. However, I could play the main game without further issues. But... in the bonus game I stumbled upon what seems to be a bug in the game. It's the hose with which you're supposed to fight the fire in your car. After fastening the thing to the watersupply the hose suddenly shows up in the interior of the motel office. Tried to go ourside with the thing and there it appears to be loose from the watersupply. You can move the hose around, but that's it. No water coming from it and you're stuck in the game. Restarting the game doesn't help.

posted in Mystery of Sargasso Sea on Dec 18, 13 3:20 AM

posted in Chronicles of Vida: The Story of the Missing Princess on May 23, 13 3:20 AM
symanjack1, there actually is a fireplace in the bedroom with the ill count. It;s on the right side of the old man talking to you, and at the right bottom corner there's is this empty round spot you are supposed to place the wing in that you found earlier.

posted in Chronicles of Vida: The Story of the Missing Princess on May 23, 13 3:16 AM
I think he's rather cute. And I must admit I like his conversation. It's a bit much, OK, but it's entertaining. Even a bit humourous here and there.

Oh well... guess you either love or hate this game...

posted in Vampires: Todd & Jessica's Story on Mar 19, 13 2:03 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:The hint button is terrible!
I found the game boring. May be it's get better.

Totally agree Dobbie! And to me it seems it doesn't get better so... no buy here, even with 20% off.

(of course it doesn't help that I don't like vampire stories in the first place...)

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 1:19 AM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Being a huge fan of the Mystery Case Files series I've bought this 9th one unseen the moment I saw it appear as the Tomorrow's Game Today. And it surely meets my high expectations!

- Real actors doing a terrific job
- Crystal clear graphics
- A thrilling storyline
- Interesting minigames
- Excellent guidance by the Strategy Guide

5 out of 5

A game worth every dollarcent spend!

Happy Gaming!

posted in Paris 1925 on Nov 14, 12 10:43 AM
This was a so-so game. Not really bad, but it left many things to be desired. For instance the pauses in between scenes. Really too long. And to pick up a number of the same objects, chapter after chapter as the main dish of the game, isn't also a good idea.
But... the story wasn't half bad and the voice telling it did a good job. Finally the minigames: a decent variety, but all a bit slow working. As if you have to act through a layer of syrup.

3 out of 5.

Hope the devs take all the comments to make the second part better.

posted in Zodiac Prophecies: The Serpent Bearer on Nov 13, 12 3:56 AM
Cbtx summed it all up nicely. Good game, but a bit slow in respond and not as crisp as we're used to these days. But I'lld like to add that I do like the atmosphere of this game and the style of the graphics. It's made pretty decent. In other words: it's a buy!

out of 5

ETA: I've got no glitches or problems whatsoever with this game. And it plays full screen on my monitor after unchecking the wide screen box. I'm using Windows 8 Professional.

posted in Rome: Curse of the Necklace™ on Oct 29, 12 5:34 AM
Well, I still had to play this game, so I did today. But... I stopped, feeling disappointed. The objects are too small many of times and I frequently have to use the hint button. This wasn't so in Travelogue 360: Paris. Pity, really. I uninstalled the game, because I hate having to stare too long at one particular search screen.

But for all of the much more patient players: it's a very intresting game that really takes you through Rome. Have fun!

Thanks for your review, CBTX, you've said it all. This ERS game is one of so many games of them I won't spend money on. Or effort, for that matter. It's the same all over indeed and foggy graphics plus (spoiler ahead, so read it by selecting the words) a couple of beheaded persons to make my day. NOT!

Maybe it's about time I'm skipping all of the games by these devs without even trying the demo. I don't like the artstyle, I'm not in the least thrilled by the storylines and I'm flatout bored with the same old-same old.

The upcoming MCF, that's what I'm impatiently waiting for!

Easy peacy lemon squeezie. Furthermore the wellknown ERS style and quality. A new treat for the fans, I suppose.

Not for me though. Sorry.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator