Posts created by rosekaufmann

posted in Mystery Heritage: Sign of the Spirit on Sep 20, 15 12:29 PM
I'm trying to get the wire cutters. After I did the photo, the W/T says to walk down and select the stairs on the left for a HOS, which is where the wire cutters apparently is. Well, when I walk down, there are no stairs to the left. I've gone though each scene a couple of times and see no HOS, and when I hit the hint button, it says there's nothing to do here. I've unloaded and redownloaded, and no difference. What are the correct instructions for getting the wire cutters.

posted in Ashley Clark: Secret of the Ruby on Apr 3, 15 10:10 AM

I've done the carving and input the green eyes, but it says I have to hit it with something before I can take it. All I have is a knife and a saw. I had a hammer but it disappeared after I finished with the chisel. The hint just says to hit here, but I have nothing to hit it with. I'm missing something - What do I do?

posted in Ashley Clark: Secret of the Ruby on Apr 1, 15 11:05 PM
I've done the carving and input the green eyes, but it says I have to hit it with something before I can take it. All I have is a knife and a saw. I had a hammer but it disappeared after I finished with the chisel. The hint just says to hit here, but I have nothing to hit it with. I'm missing something - What do I do?

I am at the City Gates after getting the star. The Guides shows the star being used on the City Gates to open them. However, my City Gates shows a padlock outline and the star won't fit it. I went back 10 pages of the guide and don't see anything that changed the padlock to a star. How do I change the padlock or get the lock changed to a star so I can proceed? Thank you.

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town on Sep 5, 12 11:14 PM
Did you ever get the pickaxe handle. I am having the same problem. Lit the lantern, removed the pegs holding the sign, clicked on the snake, crab and bird and nothing. Never had this problem with the other 2 games.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward on Sep 5, 12 5:29 PM
I am having problems using the hammer on the floorboard in the study to get the key, which is needed to ever get the bottle with the cork. I saw the symbols on the floorboard and couldn't get the hammer to work. So I went on and have now developed the film, so the next step is the cork from the bottle. But I still can't get the floorboard. If I go down too far, I get put into the hallway; otherwise, it seems I'm too close to the desk. With the red bulb in now (for the film development), the symbols don't appear, but I recall they were on the 6th or 7th board from the sofa. Doesn't work if I switch back to the blue bulb. Any suggestions? Can't go any further without that cork.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward on Sep 5, 12 5:23 PM
I am having problems using the hammer on the floorboard in the study to get the key, which is needed to ever get the bottle with the cork. I saw the symbols on the floorboard and couldn't get the hammer to work. So I went on and have now developed the film, so the next step is the cork from the bottle. But I still can't get the floorboard. If I go down too far, I get put into the hallway; otherwise, it seems I'm too close to the desk. With the red bulb in now (for the film development), the symbols don't appear, but I recall they were on the 6th or 7th board from the sofa. Any suggestions? Can't go any further without that cork.

posted in Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal on Aug 26, 12 7:54 PM
I'm played this game about a year ago and my recollection is that is rather lengthy. I'm playing again and am currently on chapter 3 (there are 10) and have been playing over 2 hours. Now I'm stuck finding one of those tiny pipes buried in barrels. If you're eyesight is terrific and don't have to pixel hunt too much, you should still get 4-5 hours.

posted in The Stroke of Midnight on Jul 28, 12 3:32 PM
If you're trying to attach the middle shield (which seems to be the most common problem, try to attach it at the elbow. Anywhere else seems to say it should go somewhere else.

posted in Silent Scream: The Dancer on Jul 25, 12 2:41 PM
Isn't she whispering "get away" (in English) for whatever reason?

posted in Azada ™: Ancient Magic on Sep 21, 10 8:10 PM
No one else seems to have this problem, but how do I actually catch the chicken. It keeps running away and I don't see how it can be cornered when you can only stop it from running in one direction at a time.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator