Posts created by Amaranthia_Grl

The designer says THANK YOU!!!

~Amanda

The extra chapter is inside the game. The bonus chapter is beyond the gate in the backyard of the haunted manor.

There is also lots of extra gameplay scattered throughout the game. All of the ghost locks contain the extra gameplay.

posted in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition on Jan 2, 12 10:05 AM
Happy adventuring, tizza!

posted in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition on Jan 2, 12 10:02 AM
It's not as dark as you may think.

Most of the game doesn't take place in the spooky house, but in the memories of people who were once trapped there. Some memories are dark, some are light. For example, there is a quaint summer cottage, an enchanted garden with a sleeping beauty, and an Alice-in-wonderland kind of place. On the flip side, there is haunted Halloween type area, an 1800's style city at night, and of course, the haunted manor.

If you open the game and look at the screens in the strategy guide, you'll see what these places look like.

marg6043 wrote:Interesting enough that is the first thing I try to do with the rock too, pick it up and try to use it, even when the window opened and I saw the pieces in the bottom I was still trying to click on the rock over and over again.

Until I got it.

I tell you sometimes Is just trial an error, but it does add some more challenge to the games.

So I try no to get too frustrated.

You've just given me an idea, marg6043! I've played the game so many times that I'd forgotten that this part might not be intuitive. When the update comes out, I'll add a little something to get anyone confused back on track.

Thank you for being so helpful to everyone, DragonLadyOz. You've saved me many posts!

judy76073, I think there is one last thing to try. My husband had the same problem and he changed his screen resolution to 1024x768 before playing the game. This made the game expand nicely in full-screen mode.

Usually when a game goes into full screen mode, the game changes the resolution automatically, but it looks like this isn't happening on your computer.

Shrimp pizza? Yum!!!

A few people got stuck at the beginning with the rock, so I wanted to make sure everyone knows how do this, since it's a new type of HOG mechanic.

1. Click on the rock. This opens a mini window with the rock. Notice the rock pieces at the bottom of the screen. These are the pieces that you have to find. When these are visible, so are the pieces that you have to find in the scene.

2. While the rock mini window is open, search the scene for the pieces of the rock. When you've found all of the pieces, you get the rock.

3. Please note that if you close the rock mini window, the pieces of the rock that are left in the scene become invisible until you re-open the rock mini window to find them.

I hope this helps everyone understand this new way of getting some items!

~Amanda, the crazy designer who wanted to try something different

(okay, these emoticons are way too much fun!!!)

fiestygrl1 wrote:I downloaded the demo and for some reason I can't find all of the pieces of rock or the lever so can't go any further than the first screen. My hubby downloaded it as well and he found everything so we will see if they issue a fix I guess but that sucks since it looks like a really good game!

I wonder... when you try to find the pieces of the rock, is the round window with the rock visible? Do you see the list of rock fragments you need to find at the bottom of the screen? Do you remember if tutorial mode was on? I would love to help if I can.

fiestygrl1 wrote:I downloaded the demo and for some reason I can't find all of the pieces of rock or the lever so can't go any further than the first screen. My hubby downloaded it as well and he found everything so we will see if they issue a fix I guess but that sucks since it looks like a really good game!

I wonder... when you try to find the pieces of the rock, is the round window with the rock visible? Do you see the list of rock fragments you need to find at the bottom of the screen? Do you remember if tutorial mode was on? I would love to help if I can.

Make sure to click the slot on the tree. the slot is to the left of the bars.

posted in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition on Jan 1, 12 12:41 PM
Not a glitch! You can use either chisel or screwdriver on the cage. To get back the chisel, catch the mouse in the cage.

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Jan 24, 10 8:03 PM
Go to your items menu and look for Compass. This will take you back to your boat.

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Jan 24, 10 5:33 PM
Aveyond Alert!!! Aveyond Alert!!!

Hi everyone, this is Amanda from Amaranth Games. I wanted to let you know that we're about to release Aveyond: The Lost Orb very soon on BFG!

The Story
In the newest game, Mel is about to get married until her worst frenemy, Lydia, steals her man at the wedding! While Mel is freaking out about what to do, she learns that her extremely evil ancestor, Mordred Darkthrop, managed to create an object called the Orb of Death. Mel believes that when this final orb is destroyed, it will stop a dark prophecy that is tied to her family. Mel succeeds in destroying the orb, but unfortunately for her, the prophecy does not go away. In fact, it seems to be forming around her! Poor Mel!

Presents for you!
I just finished alpha testing this game, and I think you're going to be in for a few big surprises!

First, the game is huge. I predict it will take the average player 15-20 hours to complete.

Second, this game is funny! You will be laughing from beginning to end!

Third, there is a new recipe system. You can now go around the world and collect special plants and materials to make potions. The potions will have all sorts of fun uses.

Fourth, we've added a new continent for you to explore. You'll spend most of your time in this new land, but you will be able to go back to the mainland at any time and visit your old friends (and help them with a few quests).

News Alert: This is a stand-alone game
For anyone who hasn't played previous Aveyond chapters, don't worry! This is a stand-alone game. You can play from the beginning and not have to worry about the previous chapters. Of course, if you have played the previous chapters, you can start with your old characters at the beginning of the game.

Orbs of Magic Series Order
Since you're in this forum, you've probably played one or more Aveyond games. If you're curious about the order in which the stories take place, here it is:

-Aveyond: Lord of Twilight (released on BFG)
-Aveyond: Gates of Night (released on BFG)
-Aveyond: The Lost Orb (February 2010)

There are also two other Aveyond games in which you might be interested:

-Aveyond: Rhen's Quest
-Aveyond: Ean's Quest

posted in Aveyond: Lord of Twilight on Jan 24, 10 5:32 PM

Hi everyone, this is Amanda from Amaranth Games. I wanted to let you know that we're about to release Aveyond: The Lost Orb very soon on BFG!

The Story
In the newest game, Mel is about to get married until her worst frenemy, Lydia, steals her man at the wedding! While Mel is freaking out about what to do, she learns that her extremely evil ancestor, Mordred Darkthrop, managed to create an object called the Orb of Death. Mel believes that when this final orb is destroyed, it will stop a dark prophecy that is tied to her family. Mel succeeds in destroying the orb, but unfortunately for her, the prophecy does not go away. In fact, it seems to be forming around her! Poor Mel!

Presents for you!
I just finished alpha testing this game, and I think you're going to be in for a few big surprises!

First, the game is huge. I predict it will take the average player 15-20 hours to complete.

Third, there is a new recipe system. You can now go around the world and collect special plants and materials to make potions. The potions will have all sorts of fun uses.

Fourth, we've added a new continent for you to explore. You'll spend most of your time in this new land, but you will be able to go back to the mainland at any time and visit your old friends (and help them with a few quests).

For anyone who hasn't played previous Aveyond chapters, don't worry! This is a stand-alone game. You can play from the beginning and not have to worry about the previous chapters. Of course, if you have played the previous chapters, you can start with your old characters at the beginning of the game.

Since you're in this forum, you've probably played one or more Aveyond games. If you're curious about the order in which the stories take place, here it is:

posted in Aveyond 2 on Jan 24, 10 5:30 PM

The Story

Presents for you!

posted in Aveyond on Jan 24, 10 5:28 PM

The Story

Presents for you!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator